Lightning in a Bottle (OOC)

load previous
Mar 31, 2024 8:10 pm
Thank you for the clarification, @vagueGM!

And excellent. I'm excited to see what you come with, @TheGenerator. ;)
Mar 31, 2024 8:13 pm
... assuming my character survives this first encounter.

(Shortest cameo ever! lol.)
Mar 31, 2024 8:42 pm
@vagueGM, is Esmaray of the impression that she'd been following this creature all along, and that it was never actually Shireen?
Mar 31, 2024 8:52 pm
Hmm... I assumed it was her tracks you were following, but your question gives me an idea and now I am not so sure. Especially with how unlikely you seemed to think it was that she could be here [ref].

If Ezme is thinking the same thing, then take a moment to check her suspicions. That sounds like a +WIS roll, unless you think something else is at more suitable.

On a miss you will lose some of your edge for surprising the creature. But with a success you will be able to adjust your actions to improve your odds, the better the success the more advantage you will gain (or the more advantage you will sap from the enemy, but you can't know that distinction yet:).
Mar 31, 2024 10:45 pm
karabooo says:
(OOC in RP) ... I assume I should make a survival roll here to make sure she goes the right direction ...
Something like that, yeah. But going in the right direction is not your biggest problem right now.

You would first need to get away, the creature is about to pounce on you [ref], you only had time to react because of your Scout ability, it still knows you are there and set up its trap right behind the reeds to get you close.

If you want to get away you could make a roll for it, this might be +DEX if you are trying to be quiet enough that it did not even notice you parting the reeds, but you can suggest other stats (INT or WIS make sense too, or anything you can justify).

But that would require a 12+ to get away clean. It knows you are there, after all, it lured you into its trap. Being a Scout is what justifies you even trying this, it does not guarantee you don't get spotted when the fiction has you walking into an ambush. On a 10+ you can get away, but it is right on your heels, on a 7-9 it might get a swipe at you before you can run, and it will be right behind you.

Even on a 6- you will be able to get away if you are willing to take a few hits. Having a Skill means you treat a miss as 'a bad success at a cost'... if you are willing to pay the cost.

You could take more actions to try lose it after we have resolved this.
karabooo says:
(OOC in RP) ... Do I 3d6, take the two highest rolls ...
You always roll `2d6` and add WIS (or whatever stat is appropriate). Skills don't give you extra dice, they affect the fiction.
Mar 31, 2024 11:06 pm
Okay, thanks for the clarifications! I subtly edited my post at 6:20 to correct my false assumption about the actions she would take.
Mar 31, 2024 11:24 pm
karabooo says:
... I subtly edited my post at 6:20 to correct my false assumption about the actions she would take.
Cool. I am not going to go back and search for subtle changes. If anything important was changed call it out explicitly.
Apr 1, 2024 1:17 pm
karabooo says:
(OOC in RP) ... Should I have rolled a 1d6 to see how much damage I dealt the creature?
I forget that this game has damage rolls, I play too many PbtAs, and most of them don't roll for damage.

In this case I don't think such a roll is completely relevant, this is more metaphysical than physical. But, since your metal[ref] (iron or steel? You tell us.) was effective, go ahead and make the roll, it might help us work out details later when this concludes.
Apr 1, 2024 1:18 pm
Since you rolled a 10 you are not distracted by your wounds [ref].

Have you even looked at them? Maybe you know that some wounds can be ignored till they are looked at, but once you see how bad they are they can become serious?
Apr 1, 2024 3:39 pm
Should I have rolled 1d6 to see how much damage I did to the little guy?
Apr 1, 2024 3:39 pm
Oh, she has not looked. She is not taking her eyes off this creature.
Apr 1, 2024 3:44 pm
karabooo says:
Should I have rolled 1d6 to see how much damage I did to the little guy?
If you want.
Apr 1, 2024 3:44 pm
karabooo says:
Oh, she has not looked. She is not taking her eyes off this creature.
Sure, sure. Though you can look with you hands and not your eyes... though that might lead to scratching.
Apr 1, 2024 3:50 pm
Should I roll too? Or maybe not long enough in the mist yet?
Apr 1, 2024 3:53 pm
Guess so. Just read the RP thread 😉
Apr 1, 2024 4:07 pm
Airshark says:
Should I roll too? Or maybe not long enough in the mist yet?
I didn't directly call or a roll since I don't know what the others are doing. If Gronk is with you you will not be 'in the mist' anymore, so you could forego making more rolls in that case. That is assuming they can find you.
Apr 1, 2024 5:25 pm
Oh I didn't think the circle would follow Gronk.
Cool feature.
Apr 1, 2024 5:38 pm
Wanklespangler is its name now, huh? lol!! I was imagining that Wanklespangler was a derogatory term for a guy who is overcompensating for his small genitalia.
Apr 1, 2024 5:43 pm
karabooo says:
... Wanklespangler is its name now, huh? ...
Apparently.
karabooo says:
... I was imagining that Wanklespangler was a derogatory term for a guy who is overcompensating for his small genitalia. ...
Yes, but apparently your local derogation does not translate, and it thinks it is a term of endearment. :)
Apr 1, 2024 6:05 pm
karabooo says:
(in RP) ... emits a (fake) surprised gasp as she swings the knife around distractingly. ... Her eyes quickly dart behind the creature as if seeing someone behind it. "Is that Albert?" She quickly finishes setting the trap.
Sounds like an attempt at subterfuge as a distraction. Maybe add a 'Stealth' roll using CHA?
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.