Lightning in a Bottle (OOC)

load previous
Apr 24, 2024 6:33 pm
More like ...
https://i.imgur.com/nrliGY7.jpeg
... now.
Apr 24, 2024 7:47 pm
Wohw. Looks like I'm lagging behind. I'll catch up tomorrow (Thursday)
Apr 24, 2024 7:48 pm
vagueGM says:
More like ...
https://i.imgur.com/nrliGY7.jpeg
... now.
Whahahaahahahaahahaaaa
Last edited April 24, 2024 7:48 pm
Apr 24, 2024 9:46 pm
karabooo says:
-3? UH OH.

.... Did I do that right??
Still don't want that blessing? 😁
Apr 25, 2024 12:27 am
Hah. Something tells me Ezmaray could definitely use that blessing.... She'll probably be at death's door before she accepts it, though.
Apr 25, 2024 2:51 am
So my best thought for my exit is that I head off into the mist to distract the source so y'all can get away or do whatever you need to do. Hopefully, I catch a glimpse of the source (even if just in a private note so as to not spoil it for the party), and I pop the smoke from my first ritual. With the smoke screen, there's a chance I escape, and there's a chance I'm eaten on sight. If we never know how I end, I guess I exist superimposed in both states? This might be the best end possible.
Last edited April 25, 2024 2:52 am
Apr 25, 2024 6:52 am
karabooo says:
... Ezmaray could definitely use that blessing.... She'll probably be at death's door before she accepts it, though.
Maybe if she sees it work on Roald (who has fewer HP) she will accept? But Ezme deliberately obfuscated what the nature of the danger is, so the others don't know that Roald's scratching is something they need to worry about.
Apr 25, 2024 6:53 am
GameMaster says:
... Hopefully, I catch a glimpse of the source (even if just in a private note so as to not spoil it for the party), ...
We can move right to the source for our next scene, then you can try talk to it (Ezme and Wankle have established talk as a possible solution) and try to reach a resolution.

Your bottled-mist might be a bargaining chip (though there seems to be lots of mist, so what value does a small bottle have?) Or it could have other value for a friend that can't exist outside the mist?
Apr 25, 2024 7:42 am
Wauw, these last posts... It reads like a book.
Nice one karabooo!
Apr 25, 2024 7:54 am
GameMaster says:
So my best thought for my exit is that I head off into the mist to distract the source so y'all can get away or do whatever you need to do.
vagueGM says:
Your bottled-mist might be a bargaining chip
@GameMaster, I don't know if you'd want to do this. But how about you do one last ritual to turn the bottle of mist into a weapon. Albert can assist Gronk with some divine power perhaps. It will likely make you pass out or go mad. (or turn into a wankle???)
Seems like a pretty heroic way to go. (if it works... :/ )
Apr 25, 2024 10:17 am
Okay, sounds like the bottled mist is a bargaining chip and a weapon as a fallback if that works for everyone.
Apr 25, 2024 1:16 pm
Quote:
Nice one karabooo!
Aww, thanks Airshark! <3

I'm good with whatever, though I confess I am a little fond of vagueGM's idea of offering the bottle to Wankle so they can exist outside the mists. (Rangers and their weird pets.... hehehe!)
Last edited April 25, 2024 1:16 pm
Apr 25, 2024 2:16 pm
karabooo says:
(in RP)... "My mistling friend insists it will kill us. ..."
That might not be exactly what it said, though it is a valid enough interpretation.

Ezme can not know this, but Roald is rather good at working out puzzles (Decipher) so he may be able to glean some extra meaning if Ezme relays the exact words... if she can (most people are terrible at remembering what was actually said):.

Just a thought, otherwise, carry on. :)
Apr 25, 2024 2:19 pm
I did say earlier that the source would devour Roald from the inside out because he has been marked. Is that close enough for him to puzzle it out?
Apr 25, 2024 2:24 pm
No, that bit in isolation would probably lead him the wrong way. :)

But you got [ref] the to point I was hinting at, it is 'capable of being reasoned with' ... maybe.

If you want to fight, we can do that too, and it may come to that. If you want to set an ambush or surprise attack (or whatever you can come up while being lead around by your noses (or ears)) that could force it to talk to you. Options abound, there is no 'one right way' to 'solve' this.
Apr 25, 2024 7:35 pm
Hesitating to volunteer Ezmaray simply because I already had a solo moment recently with Wankle and want to give others a chance if they're interested. That said, I'm not sure she'd realistically let any one of you go alone. 😝
Apr 25, 2024 10:38 pm
Albert surely doesn't want to go alone
Apr 26, 2024 6:43 am
karabooo says:
(in RP)... "I have... spoken... with the source. I think," she admits. "Just now we exchanged greetings from distance...."
Have you? Did you? Cool.
GameMaster says:
(in RP)"I can go if no one else will." Gronk takes a hard look around to see if anyone else wants to join.
karabooo says:
... want to give others a chance if they're interested. That said, I'm not sure she'd realistically let any one of you go alone.
TheGenerator says:
Albert surely doesn't want to go alone
We can all go. Gronk has stepped up, Ezme would probably not let someone else go alone, and Albert would not go alone.

Safety in numbers (someone may have noticed that you have only encountered the scratching mistlings when there is no one else around).

If anyone wants to stay back with the safety-knife they can. Or you can leave it as something to dart back to if needed. Or you can take it with you... which might have interesting results. Whatever you choose can work.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.