Lightning in a Bottle (OOC)

load previous
Apr 28, 2024 11:39 am
Yes, Gronk is definitely with Esme in the mist
Apr 29, 2024 6:02 am
Nice and spot-on work, karabooo —as usual. [ref]

I am going to give the others a chance to interact with the scene before responding, especially Gronk, so he can have some impact before leaving.
Apr 29, 2024 1:09 pm
Yep yep. 👍

I'm really enjoying the vivid imagery, vagueGM. Thanks so much for the creative energy you pour into this. :)
Apr 29, 2024 4:18 pm
Thank you, karabooo.

You guys deserve a lot of the credit too, I am really just reacting to what you give me. (None of this was planned before it happened.:)
Apr 30, 2024 4:41 pm
FYI. I'm fine With Roald being idle for the moment. 😉
Apr 30, 2024 4:42 pm
Thanks. I figured you were. I can't think of any way to get you involved that does not detract from the happenings. :(

If something goes wrong then we will need you... else: no glory for you! :)
May 1, 2024 1:53 pm
Random thing: I don't know what you all have been imagining, but I envision Ezmaray's accent as sounding kind of Slavic... Probably closest to Serbian?
May 1, 2024 1:54 pm
That's what I got from her speech pattern.
May 1, 2024 8:18 pm
I don't think Ezme knows any local lore, so I'll leave it to you guys to puzzle about that....
May 2, 2024 8:53 am
GameMaster says:
(OOC in RP)... Could I make some kind of folklore or arcana check to see if I remember anything about this creature?
Yes, or discuss it with your companions and work it out in the fiction. A roll can shot-circuit the fiction if you are in a hurry to leave.
May 2, 2024 8:53 am
karabooo says:
I don't think Ezme knows any local lore, so I'll leave it to you guys to puzzle about that....
Fair. How long have you been in this area? Do you know the town of Olmsford at all?
May 2, 2024 9:05 am
karabooo says:
It could remind you of lore that you do know. Doesn't have to be local to apply to the current situation :)
May 2, 2024 9:08 am
TheGenerator says:
karabooo says:
It could remind you of lore that you do know. Doesn't have to be local to apply to the current situation :)
Very true. It is pretty universal.
May 2, 2024 9:20 am
I also want to make it clear the figure's 'frustration' is not mine, and I don't want it to become the players'. It is hints about where you are getting close to what it is trying to tell you but are not quite there.

Often a short-circuit 'knowledge roll' serves to skip ahead when player frustration kicks in.
May 2, 2024 12:24 pm
lol. Give her sass all you like, vampire, but Ezme's puzzling this out!
May 2, 2024 2:22 pm
GameMaster says:
(OOC in RP) I don't remember much about the town that seems useful right now, so I'll try for the roll.
None of us know much, you can make stuff up. Most of what happened here has been based on what they players brought into the story.

A 6- on your roll brings complications in addition to answers. This is kinda two soft moves (which is not fully au fait, but they are related and I don't want to take away your 'victory', just complicate it). You know what the problem is, but it is not an easy fix, and you also have an immediate threat to deal with.
May 2, 2024 3:10 pm
karabooo says:
(OOC in RP) ...It sounds like she itches at least once. ...
No, on a 10+ you resist scratching. I see my wording made it sound otherwise, that was not my intent, whoops, sorry.
karabooo says:
(OOC in RP)Oh wait. Remembered that wrong. It's 6 or under. Poor Ezme![/ooc]
At least she is Hardy. :)

Take 3 Damage. Describe how you scratch hard enough to kill the average 'Level 1' character.
May 2, 2024 3:17 pm
It's a good thing Ezme started out with so many HP. She can donate all the more blood to the cause. :P
May 2, 2024 3:20 pm
Quote:
Describe how you scratch hard enough to kill the average 'Level 1' character.
Geesh! When you put it that way....
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.