Lightning in a Bottle (OOC)

load previous
May 4, 2024 10:03 am
Sorry for the delay on my end. And thanks for going ahead without me :)
I didn't really have anything Albert wanted to do before that anyway.
May 7, 2024 7:20 am
How obvious are Ezme's wounds right now?
Health wise she's still going alright, I guess.

She refused Raynor's help before, so Albert is a bit reluctant to force it onto her.
May 7, 2024 7:23 am
TheGenerator says:
... How obvious are Ezme's wounds right now? ...
That is up to karabooo.
TheGenerator says:
... Health wise she's still going alright ...
She has 7 HP, so yeah, more than Roald.
TheGenerator says:
... She refused Raynor's help before, so Albert is a bit reluctant to force it onto her. ...
Also: Now might not be the time...
May 7, 2024 7:25 am
You are in the middle of a [fight], having long conversations before dealing with the attackers will result in them attacking again. So far as you know there is only one, but that one is threatening Gonk, who you all know is weakened and vulnerable due to the ritual.

I recommend you do something about the mistling crouched in front of you, else it will take the initiative.

They seem to prefer to face single opponents, and the morale shifted to you from them, making it even more nervous, so intimidation is viable, as is an attack. Different approaches may yield different medium- or long-term consequences, of course.
May 7, 2024 9:53 am
Oh I figured they both disappeared into the mist.
In that case Roald can attack.

Regarding Ezme's wounds. Roald only sees blood everywhere without seeing the actual wounds, so he presumes the worst.
May 7, 2024 9:54 am
Now that I read it again. Don't see how I could have mist* that.
May 7, 2024 9:54 am
It happens. :)
May 7, 2024 9:58 am
Airshark says:
Now that I read it again. Don't see how I could have mist* that.
I also fog-ot that that happened.
May 7, 2024 1:41 pm
You all must be in Europe or something, the hours you post!

Ezme's wounds are mostly hidden under her tunic, but given our GM's comment about her losing enough HP to kill a 1st level adventurer I imagined there's gotta be a lot of blood loss and that would be very visible.

But yeah, she's real tough. She's mostly just shaken up, as she now has a clearer understanding of how bad this could get, and she's not accustomed to losing self-control like this.
May 7, 2024 1:57 pm
karabooo says:
... Ezme's wounds are mostly hidden under her tunic, but given our GM's comment about her losing enough HP to kill a 1st level adventurer I imagined there's gotta be a lot of blood loss and that would be very visible. ...
Given how tough Ezme is, though, she may not look like she is hurt that bad. She is still better off than most of the others. :)
karabooo says:
... she now has a clearer understanding of how bad this could get ...
Meaning what? That she is open to talking with Albert about healing? We can deal with that once you get some safety from the ritual bubble.
Also: Does/did Ezme mention that she knows/thinks the mistlings can't come into the ritual bubble? Possibly only she saw that fact. It may be relevant to the decisions that are made next [ref].
May 7, 2024 1:58 pm
@Airshark: I see your sheet still lists Roald's HP as '6 (6')? Did you not 'level up' during the celebration after saving Phil? Did you not reroll your HP, or did you get 6 again? The '(6)' is confusing me.
May 7, 2024 2:34 pm
vagueGM says:
Airshark: I see your sheet still lists Roald's HP as '6 (6')? Did you not 'level up' during the celebration after saving Phil? Did you not reroll your HP, or did you get 6 again? The '(6)' is confusing me.
I believe we agreed to set our HP to max after the celebration. (No roll was made as far as I know)
karabooo says:
You all must be in Europe or something, the hours you post!
Guilty as charged! :)
May 7, 2024 2:44 pm
TheGenerator says:
... I believe we agreed to set our HP to max after the celebration. (No roll was made as far as I know)
That rings a bell, you had many days of rest and celebration and then uneventful travel, so being fully rested and healed makes sense.

If Roald is level 2, he should have 12 HP from 2 HD [ref].
May 7, 2024 2:57 pm
Ezme did not mention specifically that the ritual could keep the mistlings out -- we thought that was self-evident, even before Wankle did their disappearing act.

She may not accept, but there's no harm in Albert offering to heal her, if that's in character for him. ;)
May 7, 2024 2:58 pm
karabooo says:
... we thought that was self-evident, even before Wankle did their disappearing act.
That is indeed a valid assumption.
May 7, 2024 3:56 pm
If you head back to town [ref], you can tell us what Gronk plans to do in the next few days or weeks.

Give us a denouement for your story. As you like. Tell us how you go about resolving this local problem. Ask if you need help.

We don't need to see the end result, unless you want to include that, we can leave it unclear if you want. The others are, presumably, leaving, so it is OK to not know the final state of this town just yet.
May 7, 2024 5:41 pm
I can do that! If we could head back now, that would be great
May 7, 2024 9:44 pm
vagueGM says:
TheGenerator says:
... I believe we agreed to set our HP to max after the celebration. (No roll was made as far as I know)
That rings a bell, you had many days of rest and celebration and then uneventful travel, so being fully rested and healed makes sense.

If Roald is level 2, he should have 12 HP from 2 HD [ref].
So just change it to 12? Or roll the dice?
I'm sooo bad at updating the character sheet.
Even think we could do Without it. 😁
May 7, 2024 9:44 pm
Yes Europe, but also on nightshift regularly, sooooo...
May 8, 2024 8:06 am
Airshark says:
... So just change it to 12? Or roll the dice? ...
This time, because of the time you had to recover, just set it to 12.
Airshark says:
... I'm sooo bad at updating the character sheet.
Even think we could do Without it. ...
Aside from HP, mostly yes. This one is a bit more complicated, we also need the Stats for dice rolling, and the (currently) 4 words what describe our Skills and Special Abilities.

I enjoy games where we can play without any sheets, but most need some form of record.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.