Chapter 6.2: Daring Rescue

load previous

Maya Chen

htech

Jun 1, 2024 3:12 pm
Quote:
"How many of them were there when you had your fight with them?
"Just a man and a young woman. That was one of the reasons Jax underestimated them. Don't do the same. She is an elite sniper."
Maya Chen
Jun 1, 2024 6:42 pm
"So the transformers look like they might provide some visual cover for us to approach the doors to the offices with a good chance of being unobserved for most of the distance. But unless one of us" the lieutenant looks meaningfully at Hank, "can open those security doors, I'm not sure what good it does us to get close."

Douklan considers. "If we could open the doors, my preference would be to split into two groups: one coming from the south to engage the two men - which would presumably draw the attention of the sniper in the control room - and another group to enter from the north and come in behind the sniper a couple of seconds later." He squints and makes a grimace. "Of course, if we had something that could punch through that transparisteel wall, we might take out or pin down the sniper from the get-go."
Jun 1, 2024 7:01 pm
Did you get any feel for who was the leader? Or doing most of the talking?
Jun 1, 2024 10:51 pm
Mercer says:
Did you get any feel for who was the leader? Or doing most of the talking?
Maya Chen
"I am not sure. The man did most of the arguing with Jax, but the woman shot him."

James (Synth Alpha)
"Sir, if that's really relevant, there are probably recordings in the substation surveillance system. It would be more merciful than making Maya remember those details for the eleventh time."

James (Synth Alpha)

htech

Jun 1, 2024 11:10 pm
Douklan says:
"Of course, if we had something that could punch through that transparisteel wall, we might take out or pin down the sniper from the get-go."
"The HMG may be able to. I am not sure about the odds, but I think thats possible. "
OOC:
If you want to calculate the odds yourself, based on the materials involved in its construction, gimme a Int/Fix roll. Failure means I will give you wrong information.
James (Synth Alpha)
OOC:
Edit: An Int/Shoot can also be used in this situation, to know about the weapons capabilities. Whichever you prefer.
Jun 2, 2024 12:18 am
Douklan eyes the heavy machine gun speculatively.
OOC:
I'm doing an INT/Shoot roll, but the Shoot rolls are usually geared toward combat, and I assume that the combat bonus as a Warrior doesn't apply. So rather than it being a +6, I'm guessing that my Shoot 1 plus INT mod of 2 makes it 2d6+3. Adjust as necessary.

Rolls

INT/Shoot - (2d6+3)

(63) + 3 = 12

Jun 2, 2024 5:38 am
Hank says, "I don't want to leave this terminal behind. Can we rig one of the charges on it and remotely trigger it as needed?"
OOC:
I am assuming if I simply disconnect and take it, that'll raise some kind of alarm. Or is that just another Program roll to make?
Jun 2, 2024 8:47 am
OOC:
Quote:
"I don't want to leave this terminal behind. Can we rig one of the charges on it and remotely trigger it as needed?"
You can.

That's clearly not the only terminal in the substation, though. My map didn't focus on it, so maybe it was not clear for the players, but Hank would know that. Depending on your plans, it won't make a difference as people will easily use another one.
Jun 2, 2024 8:57 am
Quote:
Douklan eyes the heavy machine gun speculatively.
The lieutenant remembers a weapon demonstration during Boot Camp where a HMG pierced concrete slabs, transparisteel and other materials. It usualy took just a couple of seconds to do so.
OOC:
Your int/shoot roll was correct. =) As that's not combat, we use 2d6 instead of 1d20 and just the attribute + skill level.
Here is the transparisteel wall stats:
- Armor Class (to hit): 5
- Damage reduction (deduct from all damage): 10
- Hit points (every 5 foot wall): 5
- Immune to sonic damage.

So, 15 damage in a single shot can break one 5 foot section at once. It's unlikely but feasible for the HMG (3d6 dmg) to do that in a round. Easier to do in multiple ones. Its also possible with other weapons, although the damage reduction will make a significant difference with their smaller dice.
Jun 2, 2024 2:47 pm
OOC:
Ok, the I won't worry about the terminal then.
Jun 2, 2024 3:53 pm
Peter will look over at the terminal hank is typing on and asks:

"Would you be able to turn off the lights from there? The assault suits have night vision, it would be good to limit the potential of the sniper"
OOC:
As far as groups go he was ready to tag along with Mercer if he wanted to try and talk first but I’m not sure if that is still going to happen
OOC:
About the stunner guns I think it’s a great implementation and Peter would have a pistol on him, but it wouldn’t be connected to the assault suit, he would rather have more ammo for the deadly option
Jun 2, 2024 11:22 pm
"My only concern for turning out the lights is that they'll know for sure something is up. Let's try the stealth option first. If I don't succeed at that, I can turn off the lights."
Jun 2, 2024 11:25 pm
"My idea was more of going all the way there normaly and just turn them off when was time to go into action, but we can surely just keep it in the back pocket for now, and also i don't know if everyone here has brought night vision gear"
Last edited June 2, 2024 11:51 pm
Jun 3, 2024 6:34 am
"Well, it seems poetic that we can take out the sniper from a distance. If we can set up the heavy machine gun in the transformer room, I can shoot right through the transparisteel window, which would be the first hint that anyone has of our presence (assuming no one has detected Hank in the network yet). But we should have someone covering the door from the Maintenance room; I won't be able to see that door from that angle, much less deal with either of those guys if they come running out."
Jun 3, 2024 9:33 am

Which group will my PC join? Public

We will deal with the woman in the control room
We will deal with the men in the maintenance room
Neither. They will stay behind with James and Maya or connected to a computer terminal
Jun 3, 2024 10:38 am

Don't know about the others, but my group... Public

Will stun first, ask questions later
Will talk. We shoot only as a last resort
Will neutralize all threats, fast and furious, no matter what.
Jun 4, 2024 10:50 am
@daryen,@PhoenixScientist missing your votes or choices above, for us to move on. =)

Consider the other players choices, as well.
Jun 4, 2024 12:59 pm
My vote just makes things worse. I'll go with whatever the consensus is and I don't need to be "right".

Also, stunning will be hard if we only have two stunner pistols ...
Jun 4, 2024 1:05 pm
If we're doing it this way we might as well be lethal so noone is chasing us.
(My thoughts)
Jun 4, 2024 2:08 pm
I also agree that if we are not well equipped for everyone to have stunner guns, it would be best to go lethal.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.