A Grave reprieve

load previous
May 3, 2024 7:21 pm
Felix hops into position and swings his sword.

Whoosh

Felix was distracted by both the boatmen and adventurers making sushi out of this beast.

Come on Florial you are really embarrassing me here
Last edited May 3, 2024 7:30 pm

Rolls

Great-Sword attack on tentacle - (2d6)

(23) = 5

Great-Sword attack on tentacle - (2d6)

(56) = 11

octopus

Psybermagi

May 3, 2024 8:31 pm
OOC:
added 2nd attack action to your post
Though you first attempt was laughable, your 2nd strike sliced clear through the beasts tentacle.

octopus

With several limbs damaged the giant beast flung only a couple limbs at those still onboard. Instead it surged forwards to bodily ram the boat, apparently hoping to capsize it. The large, but soft body did little to the vessel built to handle the rough oceans but a few cracks of timber can be heard and Bjorn winces. The beast is now bodily pressed to the boat as it tries to wrap more tendrils around the boat to pull it down. Fortunately the crew is on top of things and already begins cutting the boat free to the remaining tentacles

Those already thrown overboard fared not at well. A few crewmen toss floats and lifelines to those overboard. Pog grabs his line and starts pulling himself back. However, Pontus and Ernst both vanish from the surface as the beast slams the boat, crating foam and waves all about. They reappear bedraggled and further from the boat. Each clings to a float tossed to the obviously inexperienced swimmers but the attached line snapped in the attack.

Rolls

Octopus tentacle attack - (Felix:2d6, Al:2d6, 2d6, 2d6)

Felix:2d6 : (13) = 4

Al:2d6 : (41) = 5

2d6 : (36) = 9

2d6 : (25) = 7

Ram the boat - (1d6)

(5) = 5

Rescure Efforts - (2d6, 2d6, 2d6)

2d6 : (16) = 7

2d6 : (64) = 10

2d6 : (61) = 7

Free the boat - (2d6, 2d6, 2d6, 2d6)

2d6 : (42) = 6

2d6 : (42) = 6

2d6 : (21) = 3

swimmers stay safe - (2d6, 2d6, 2d6)

2d6 : (52) = 7

2d6 : (43) = 7

2d6 : (13) = 4

May 3, 2024 8:49 pm
OOC:
the Great-Sword is a heavy weapon, and I thought took 2 actions to swing once, dealing 2 damage
May 3, 2024 9:01 pm
OOC:
LoL yeah, forgot you are using heavy.
Quote:
weapons require 2 hands. Can only be used once a round. 2 damage to Nearby target
So you still have another action. A common action is to Focus to increase the odds of a hit
[ +- ] Focus
Anyhow, you're up
May 3, 2024 9:41 pm
Felix was dismayed by those who had gone overboard, and wanted to help them but the more immediate concern was the giant beast directly in front of him. With his extra speed Felix evoked another boon before bringing his Great-Sword down onto the underwater menace.

(Boon - fast feet again)

His blade makes a satisfying wet thunk, cleaving deeply.
OOC:
His critical damage boon that I rolled would affect this with the 6, right? So 3 damage?

Ah, double 6s, gotcha
Last edited May 3, 2024 10:04 pm

Rolls

Shamanic Warrior - (1d6)

(1) = 1

Great-Sword attack on monster - (2d6)

(46) = 10

May 3, 2024 10:01 pm
OOC:
Criticals are normally reserved for Veterans. Through the Shaman-warrior you have early access to it.
Advanced Rules for Veterans says:
Critical Success :
Any time two or more 6's are roll rolled on any test the results exceed basic results. Damage is increased or another beneficial effect will be added by the GM.
When you gain weapon mastery, as part of character progression to Veteran, you attack with 3d6
Once you are a veteran it will shift to "at least one dice with 6 and another dice with 5 or higher" to increase your chances of a critical.

I will update this later tonight with the next round of action
May 4, 2024 2:32 pm
Felix hacks another tentacle, freeing the ship from it while Al and a couple other creemen do likewise. Two of the crewmen try one last time to save Pontus and Ernst while the others struble at the oars to try and put distance between the ship and octopus.

Both Pontus and Ernst get tossed and grab ahold of lines as more of the tentacles are hacked apart and the rowers pull on the remaining grasp the octopus has on the boat which begins pulling away from it.

Rolls

Free the boat - (3d6, 3d6, 2d6, 2d6, 2d6, 2d6)

3d6 : (423) = 9

3d6 : (625) = 13

2d6 : (41) = 5

2d6 : (66) = 12

2d6 : (35) = 8

Rescue opperations - (2d6, 2d6, 2d6, 2d6)

2d6 : (41) = 5

2d6 : (54) = 9

Move the Boat - (2d6, 2d6, 2d6, 2d6)

2d6 : (12) = 3

2d6 : (43) = 7

2d6 : (53) = 8

octopus

Psybermagi

May 4, 2024 2:38 pm
octopus

The octopus releases the boat but slams it one last time before submerging to heal its wounds.

Rolls

spiteful attack - (Felix:2d6, Al:2d6, 2d6, 2d6)

Felix:2d6 : (41) = 5

Al:2d6 : (63) = 9

2d6 : (21) = 3

2d6 : (14) = 5

May 4, 2024 2:48 pm
With the boat free the crew makes good time to get out of the deeper waters and you head to a river mouth you see to the north. Bjorne wants to take a look at the damage done and so you spend the rest of the day tied up to the shore as minor repairs are made to it.

Moving upriver to be out of the lake before sunset you spend an uneventful night before continuing upriver in the morning. As you continue along the river you see a variety of the dinosaur creatures and are amazed at some of their sizes. You had heard that dragons could grow to such great sizes and ponder if perhaps these are like cattle to the great dragons.

You only sight the lizardmen once more on your trek. A large troup travels upriver in several large canoes but they and Bjorne keep the boats apart and they soon pass you in their smaller and swifter craft.
OOC:
OK, I think you got the basics. We can go ahead and advance Felix to being a Novice. Add another trait or Weapon Mastery to Felix. After another adventure or two he will advance to "Veterans" and gain whichever of mastery or trait they did not pick.

Moving story to the Docks after you make your selection. Let me know what you pick.
May 4, 2024 9:58 pm
Thankful the octopus decided to quit while it was behind. Felix did all he could to help the crew reach the river mouth, presumably out of danger.
Counting heads he searched first for any missing crew members or adventurers, then (assuming everyone was accounted for) looked to see if anyone was badly injured. Any wound that requires more than a bandage, Felix offers to try and heal - no guarantees, he has no training.
OOC:
If anyone was badly injured he would offer to try and heal them. Ie. Spend one hp (putting him down to 4/6 for now) to select the heal Shamanic boon. I think that gives me 6 tests, max, to heal. This could just be narrative, or if you want rolls let me know. I know we’re moving forward in time, so not super important.
OOC:
I think I will choose weapon mastery, for the great sword
Last edited May 4, 2024 10:06 pm
May 6, 2024 4:01 am
OOC:
For future reference you can assume to heal an average of 2 hp a minute
Felix helps treat the wounded and earns many thanks as several of the sailors and the other adventurers were wounded in the conflict. The next day you make your way further upriver and return to "normal" traveling. A couple of day s of this and you round a bend in the river and Bjorn calls out. That should be our port up ahead.

Looking to the north-east you see a walled compound with a couple of docks out into the river. The wharf is lower than the rest of the settlement. As you get closer you see the wall on the riverside looks to only be a half height wall as you see trafic walking to and from but the wharf is a good 15 below the top of the wall. The two piers are mostly empty and currently only hold a couple of small craft. Your approach is watched by several guards with heavy crossbow and Bjorn calls to the dockworkers and gets a return call before the guards relas and wander off. The ship pulls up to the docks and is quickly tied off. you and the other adventures are roughly directed to get up on the dock and out of the way.
OOC:
This thread is locked. The story continues on The Docks

You do not have permission to post in this thread.