0a. High Sun Games.

load previous

Kira Darvis

KoldikSteelskin

May 1, 2024 1:28 am
"He's, There," she says pointing, but you barely catch a glimpse of the back of his robe, "He's the one with the lute all the good it does him with those power dampening cuffs."
thorsman99 says:
OOC:
Do I have the ability to halt the games?
OOC:
The most you would be able to do is stop the arena from reforming the maze but you're not sure if that would bring more of less danger as it wouldn't get the monsters back in their cages.
Kira Darvis
May 1, 2024 1:48 am
OOC:
Do I perchance have a key to the cuffs?
May 1, 2024 2:31 am
thorsman99 says:
OOC:
Do I perchance have a key to the cuffs?
OOC:
Not on you, though you would know whereabouts in the corridors bellow they can be located
May 1, 2024 2:43 am
"Yes, Gworgi see him. Be right back!" With that, Gworgi hopped over into the arena.

"Be right back", bah! Idiot Gworgi, need catchy slogan. Don't forget to add to goals. And kick big fathead authority. Add that too. Gworgi dashed straight towards where the human hatchling's papa was last seen.
OOC:
Not sure if I need to make any rolls, or what abilities I even have at this point in time in the past, so I guess he's just taking off like the brash guy he is.
May 1, 2024 4:16 am
OOC:
I should note, all of Gworgi's banter is just character roleplay, I have nothing against anyone here. Gworgi is a brash and grumpy kobold who can get under people's skin, but he's an idealist and a romantic at heart, and truly wants to do good/help people. He just doesn't express himself very well.

Also, it'd be awesome to have a "buddy cop" trope going with one or more characters, if possible.
May 1, 2024 6:40 am
OOC:
Ditto for me, this is 100% roleplay of a gruff guard sergeant doing his job. Nothing personal in it at all.
Hey, you can't go in there! Stop!

I leap into the arena and go after Gworgi at top speed. If i can catch him, I'll try to grapple him.

Rolls

Strength check for grapple - (1d20+3)

(6) + 3 = 9

Kira Darvis

KoldikSteelskin

May 1, 2024 11:20 am
Kira Darvis
🕰️ 5:10pm
"Mazdu?" You said you could help me, the keys would be somewhere bellow the arena, if you would come with me I could see your magic paired with my Invisibility being quite useful.
OOC:
If you think a roll fits, for the most part you fan make it, I'm gonna ask for a perception from Gworgi.
And if he's slower a contested Grapple.

Rolls

Speed: Gworgi,Warrin - (1d20+2, 1d20)

1d20+2 : (6) + 2 = 8

1d20 : (17) = 17

May 1, 2024 3:20 pm
"Of course, just give me a second. I'm going to see if I can help out the kobold a bit." Mazdu is casting Suggestion on Warin "You should go take a nap, and leave the kobold, the girls, and I alone"
OOC:
It's a DC 13 Wisdom save, I'm using my once per LR suggestion, and if he passes I'm using silvery barbs for a reroll
May 1, 2024 4:06 pm
I said stop, you!

Rolls

Wisdom Save - (1d20+1)

(7) + 1 = 8

May 1, 2024 7:01 pm
OOC:
Omg we’re having such a rough start, lol. Awesome to know we’ll end up in the same team.
Gworgi heard the shout and looked back, not the least bit surprised to see Authority chasing him, but did yelp in surprise at how close the goblin was. "Gworgi trying to save—"

A litany of curses escaped his lips as Authority grabbed him—only to fall asleep. Gworgi slowed down a step to look at the stands, gave a toothy grin and salute, and went right back to his pursuit.

Wait. What papa name? Gworgi don’t know what to shout! Gworgi stupid stupid stu—oh!

"KIRA PAPA. GWORGI HERE SAVE YOU! WHERE YOU KIRA PAPA?!"
May 1, 2024 7:16 pm
Mazdu returns Gworgi's salute, then turns to Kira "Alright let's go get those keys"
Last edited May 1, 2024 7:16 pm
May 2, 2024 1:26 am
🕰️ 5:15pm
"It looks like we have a new unexpected contestant, and what's that he's yelling? Key a Papaya? What exactly is that supposed to mean? Is it a new mission for our contestants or is there a secondary mystery objective, let's wait and find out!

https://i.imgur.com/40mHGuat.png

Mazdu After some searching you manage to find a ring of keys on the wall next to a displacer beast cage, Kira tries each key in yhye cuffs on her wrists before nodding and throwing them to the ground, "Got It!"

"Do you think that Kobold will help us?"" Kira asks as you burst back into the sunlight of the strange viewing space.

The guards stand blocking the hole it seems one.of them has dragged their commander back and is trying to rouse him.
Simon
Gworgi In the arena you run from passage to passage hoping that each person you run into is, Kira's dad.
After holding up an Orc, and two halflings to ask if he knows where Kira papa is you finally run into a human, "KIRA PAPA?" you ask him.

"Eww, No! Do I seriously look that old? I thought Kira was going to get someone, um... Better equipped to help us, how are you supposed to get us out of here?
May 2, 2024 2:33 am
"You Kira friend!" Gworgi exclaimed in delight. "You show Gworgi where Kira Papa, Gworgi show you way out, okay? Gworgi equipped—very equipped, ladies say, heh heh. You get joke? No, no sorry. You tiny snout, you poor thing. No worries, you help Gworgi save Kira Papa, I show you way out, you become hero, get ladies. Here, see, Gworgi show you equipment—not that equipment—heh heh, you funny. No, look, see!"

Gworgi whipped out a hand crossbow from under his cloak, and loaded up a bolt. "Now come! Take Gworgi to Kira Papa!" He looked at the man expectantly—impatiently.
Last edited May 2, 2024 2:41 am
May 2, 2024 2:47 am
"I think the Kobold will try to help us, whether he succeeds or not is another question." Responds Mazdu "Although there's more guards in the way now, let's see if another spell will help. Although even it succeeds we we will have to hurry" Mazdu casts calm emotions on the guards near the hole to make them indifferent toward us.
OOC:
DC 13 Charisma Saves. If only 1 saves I will use silvery barbs to re-roll, if 2+ or 0 save then I will not.
Last edited May 2, 2024 2:50 am
May 2, 2024 12:04 pm
Two of the guards turn to watch the games the other two remain vigilant, though they don't seen to notice their compatriots aren't paying attention anymore.

Rolls

CHA Save DC 13 - (1d20)

(18) = 18

CHA Save DC 13 - (1d20)

(7) = 7

CHA Save DC 13 - (1d20)

(2) = 2

CHA Save DC 13 - (1d20)

(13) = 13

May 2, 2024 12:12 pm
What?!? Why was I asleep? Where is that annoying kobold?

I stand up and look around, trying to assess the situation.
May 2, 2024 12:17 pm
🕰️ 5:16pm
Loot!

"Follow Me." Simon says practically pulling you as he runs, "Edgin!" he shouts then turns a corner noticing a chest. "This is where we find things that can help us!"
Simon says opening the chest.

The chest turns out to be a Mimic big surprise... What else would Forge put in the games a real chest?

It pulls Simon forward and starts attacking him.

Rolls

Secret Roll

Psudopod - Simon AC12 - (1d20+5)

(19) + 5 = 24

Damage - (1d8+3)

(3) + 3 = 6

Escape Grapple DC13 - (1d20+2)

(9) + 2 = 11

May 2, 2024 1:35 pm
"OK, looks like the spell only worked on two of them, so not great. Luckily, it does not look like they know I'm the one responsible for their boss falling asleep." Mazdu whispers to Kira. "I might be able to convince them to go inside to go look for the Kobold."

Mazdu approaches Warin, "If you're looking for the Kobold, I saw him use some magic that made you fall asleep, then he went into the Arena. Y'all should probably go after him, who knows what he's planning."
OOC:
I'm not sure if this would be persuasion or deception, but I have the same bonuses to both, so I'll just roll persuasion.
Last edited May 2, 2024 1:36 pm

Rolls

Mazdu: Persuasion - (1d20+5)

(6) + 5 = 11

May 2, 2024 1:41 pm
Sneaky lizard! Thanks for the information.

I consider for a moment.

Nah, I think I'll let the arena grind him up. Serves him right for running in there. No point in risking my men.
May 2, 2024 2:06 pm
"In that case would you mind if we went in there? We think have he might have stolen something from us."
Last edited May 2, 2024 2:09 pm

Rolls

Mazdu: Deception - (1d20+5)

(8) + 5 = 13

load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.