Characters

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

load previous
Apr 25, 2024 4:33 pm
I had kinda assumed it was 1920s too due to the political turmoil in Egypt right now, though helping out the new Grand Egyptian Museum that opened would have been a cool idea as well. Thanks for your flexibility @GameMaster! I second kalajel's lines and veils.

Is there a specific character template recommended to submit to the game?
Apr 25, 2024 5:25 pm
I feel like in this sort of system, equipment are more for flavor than anything...
Apr 25, 2024 6:52 pm
kalajel says:
I'm glad, because I made my character under the assumption this was the 1920s... XD

Sexual violence of any kind is pretty much my only no-no, I have no problem with anything else.

I'll go ahead and work on the equipment for my character then.
I agree, sexual violence is out. Although I'd be amazed if anyone worked that into this game. *Frantically rewrites plot hooks*
Apr 25, 2024 6:54 pm
Mhoram100 says:
Is equipment a thing in this system?

Based on reading the play example I assumed it was like: "Do anything 1" I pull out my trusty torches:
Roll 1d6: 1-5: sorry they're too damp
6: they light up without a problem, add skill Preparedness: 2 to my character sheet.
Yes, that seems right. I was planning on letting everyone start with basic equipment and you could always roll later for something more specialized or something you didn't know you need.
Apr 25, 2024 6:55 pm
quilltid says:
I had kinda assumed it was 1920s too due to the political turmoil in Egypt right now, though helping out the new Grand Egyptian Museum that opened would have been a cool idea as well. Thanks for your flexibility @GameMaster! I second kalajel's lines and veils.

Is there a specific character template recommended to submit to the game?
I didn't even think about modern Egyptian turmoil, I'm glad we're dodging all that!

And no, the character sheet starts pretty empty, just a brief description of yourself and your gear and the Do Anything Lv I skill. So whatever helps you keep track of that works great for me.
Apr 25, 2024 6:57 pm
Okay, so we have rules, basic character concepts, off limit things, and equipment on the table. I think that's it for the startup stuff, so if everyone wants to finalize their character stuff, I think I'll get the game started tomorrow night or Saturday morning!
Apr 26, 2024 12:35 am
I'm ready to start when everyone else is.
Apr 26, 2024 7:01 pm
Okay, I'm making the gameplay thread so we can get started tonight! Also we might have one more if they decide to join.
Apr 26, 2024 7:39 pm
Sounds like a gunslinger type may still be needed, so for my concept:

A White Russian emigre who escaped to Egypt after the Bolsheviks took over. He may or may not be as heroic as he claims to be, but is desperate for money to finance his new life in Egypt and so will say anything to get work. Has a penchant for getting drunk and reciting poetry.

Think a Russian version of Flashman or Benny from The Mummy movies.
Apr 26, 2024 7:54 pm
Man, Benny was such an unscrupulous twit. Love that guy.
Apr 27, 2024 8:30 am
I love it! A perfectly rounded party now!
Apr 27, 2024 10:13 pm
How do I do a custom name and portrait for the game in the other thread?
Apr 27, 2024 10:30 pm
Mhoram100 says:
@Mhoram100 Do you mean how to post as your character in the other thread? I think you need to submit your character in game details and the GM will approve it so you can start posting as such.
Apr 28, 2024 1:16 am
I've approved every character that came to me, so don't worry about that part!
Apr 28, 2024 8:38 am
I’m still not seeing how to make my post go up as my character rather than myself in the thread.
Apr 28, 2024 11:43 am
So when you go to make your post, right under the Quick Reply title, there is a little line that says Post as: and a drop down menu. If you have a character submitted for the game, you can change the option from Player to your character name and the post will appear as your character. If you added a picture to your character sheet, this picture will appear with your post. I just approved you your character sheet, and it has a picture, so that should show up when you post as your character.
Apr 28, 2024 11:45 am
Verrain is the only one without a character sheet submitted. You are welcome to submit one, or if you want to keep track of your skills some other way (i.e. paper and pen) that's fine too.
Apr 28, 2024 3:02 pm
Hey everyone, I just want to apologize for not jumping in on the introductions this morning. I’m having a lot of pain after oral surgery Friday morning and every time I’ve tried to write up my intro I’ve been having a really hard time concentrating. Hopefully better by tonight. If you’d like to just play through on the ‘Reem hasn’t show up yet’ and possibye ‘Reem is nearby observing the party dynamic clandestinely without making contact’ so you all can play through, that’s perfectly fine.
Apr 28, 2024 3:22 pm
Character sheet submitted. Will post later today after my day of tutoring is done.
Apr 28, 2024 6:25 pm
Mhoram100 says:
[In a thick Bostonian accent]
"Boy, do I got a scoop for ya buddy! Like our pal quiltid over there said, once your character has been approved by the GM, you'll have a small roll down menu in the quick reply section like this..."

https://i.imgur.com/dN8YaNz.png

"Of course, what you wanna do is make it look like this, but with your character's name instead of yours truly..."

https://i.imgur.com/YaT44ab.png

"And there ya go! Ya should have made a post using your character's name and avatar! I mean, you did put an avatar for your character on his character sheet, right? Yeah, I know, our GM explained it already, but I felt some illustrations might help, some people are more visual, ya know."
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.