Gameplay!

load previous
Jul 1, 2024 3:02 pm
Sarah ducks behind Reem, holding up her pack as a poor shield, following out of the way of the shooters. She tries to see if there is anything powering the statues that the shooters can focus on to help in their escape.

Rolls

Ancient Technology - (2d6)

(42) = 6

Jul 2, 2024 11:52 am
Reem- on a 5, you are able to make it past whatever is happening in the room over towards where the door is. Since it seems clear to the monsters that you are on their side, you can work on opening the door without worrying about them.

Also yes, we do still need to roll for water trap. I'll add rolls to my responses as needed.

Rolls

Water trap- Reem - (1d6)

(2) = 2

Jul 2, 2024 11:55 am
Sommers- your boot catches the edge of several of the statues and they decide that waking up in place is a bad idea, so they step back into a small group just out of reach to finish their animation. You hear many groans and yawns as these statues arise and stretch, preparing to enact violence once they are less sleepy.

Also you got the 6! Water trap! Water trap!

Just as these monsters are waking up, you hear through the walls the sounds of rushing water, as if someone turned on a faucet and forgot to turn it off. The floor gets slightly darker, as if it might be getting wetter underneath. There is no visible water, but it is just a matter of time.
Jul 2, 2024 11:56 am
Dmitri- your bullets slam through one of the statues, blowing it apart in a cloud of dust. The loud sound echoes through the chamber and seems to activate the rest of the statues, reminding them of their purpose. They finish their morning yoga routine and begin to shamble towards the group, intent on grabbing and biting anyone they can reach.

I hope I get to bite someone!
Jul 2, 2024 11:58 am
Timothy- on a 4, you do manage to shoot one of the statues in the wrist, and it's hand breaks off in a cloud of dust. However, this does not seem to slow the statue, which continues towards you even faster than before. Before you have time to get another shot off, the monster is on you, grabbing you, pinning you down. You are only moments away from the bite of your life.
Jul 2, 2024 12:05 pm
Thomas- you draw your small revolver and take aim at a statue, but as you pull the trigger, several other ones step in the way and the bullet hits them without doing significant damage. These guys are easy to hit somewhere, but take some aiming and luck to hit in a vulnerable spot. As you are busy with your attacks, you don't notice a sneaky statue, covered in lubricant to counteract the creaking and grinding sounds, who has suck up behind you. It jumps on your back, arms wrapped around your neck, and pulls its head back to bite you.
Jul 2, 2024 12:07 pm
Sarah- you manage to stay out of the fray by sticking with Reem, whom the statues seem to ignore. Weird, but you'll have to ask about that later. You look around for some source of power for the statues, scanning the herioglyphs on the wall as quickly as possible. Based on your understanding of the text, as well as what you can see, it seems like the statues will remain animated until you manage to get the door open. Better hurry!
Jul 2, 2024 12:08 pm
Everyone- don't forget that you can spend XP to get new skills. Sommers, you get a new skill for your statue kill (what skills do you have in mind?). Also, at this point, you can finally start to see the water seeping up through the floor. Small puddles are forming all around, and the statues are making minor splashes every time they step.
Jul 2, 2024 1:52 pm
"Hey, get off me!" Timothy screamed as he tried to push the statue away.

Rolls

Do Anything (fend off attacker) 1 - (1d6)

(2) = 2

Jul 2, 2024 2:24 pm
OOC:
GameMaster says:
Everyone- don't forget that you can spend XP to get new skills. Sommers, you get a new skill for your statue kill (what skills do you have in mind?). Also, at this point, you can finally start to see the water seeping up through the floor. Small puddles are forming all around, and the statues are making minor splashes every time they step.
Yep! I added "Kicking 2".
Jul 2, 2024 6:26 pm
OOC:

If I want to spend an XP on the water trap, any thoughts on what skill that might provide?

Jul 3, 2024 1:21 am
Mhoram100 says:
OOC:

If I want to spend an XP on the water trap, any thoughts on what skill that might provide?

OOC:
Swimming :P
Jul 4, 2024 3:04 pm
OOC:
Could I spend XP to get like a "spot weaknesses" skill?

You do not have permission to post in this thread.