May 14, 2024 11:43 am
🕰️ 6:34
Bertrum
"Tuition? It cost some 50 Platinum, I been payin' bit by bit evr'y month."

Sr. Rat John

KoldikSteelskin

May 14, 2024 11:48 am
Sr. Rat John
"Look. It's different every time. I get my locations from Amethyst, she's at the base, and then I go speak with the Boss.

Our base is underneath a building on Bluelake St. Literally right beside the lake, it's a small building that looks like a cheap apartment."
May 14, 2024 12:13 pm
"So John, maybe you should go talk to Amethyst and get a location, and then share it with your new friends, eh?"

Sr. Rat John

KoldikSteelskin

May 14, 2024 3:24 pm
Sr. Rat John
"Sure of course I can."

Rolls

Secret Roll

May 14, 2024 3:52 pm
OOC:
Anyone have a charm spell?
"Of course you understand we'll need some... guarantees."

Sr. Rat John

KoldikSteelskin

May 14, 2024 4:23 pm
Sr. Rat John
"I don't think that's possible. I mean I'm not able to bring you with me to talk with Amethyst."
May 14, 2024 5:59 pm
"That wasn't exactly what I had in mind... let me confer with my colleagues."
May 14, 2024 6:03 pm
Kif listens to the exchange, hoping to detect any hint of dishonesty from the Rat lea-- er, John. From John.
[ +- ] Ear for Deceit
When there is a lull in the conversation, he turns back to Bertrum. "That's a hefty tuition. May I ask how far along you are with payments?"
OOC:
Insight Check is a 14.
Last edited May 14, 2024 6:04 pm

Rolls

Insight (WIS) - (1d20+6)

(2) + 6 = 8

Bertrum

KoldikSteelskin

May 14, 2024 6:10 pm
Bertrum
"I ain't any good at additions, Been 5 months now I think. Been paying around 45 gold a month, I think."

It seems relatively obvious that John isn't telling the full truth Yet you doubt he's lying either, especially since you're not certain he can lie.
May 14, 2024 6:27 pm
"John, lies of omission are still lies. Stop it."

Kif doesn't even look at John when he calls the man out, still chatting with Bertrum. "Mmm... ok, so four and a half platinum per month, with a total of 500 platinum will be... let me see... with the conversion... a little over one hundred and eleven months. And you mentioned being sick... have you spoken to a Cleric? Surely someone must be able to help you."
May 14, 2024 10:06 pm
Gworgi's eyes lit up at Kif's words to John. "Ooh, this one not-lying lying? Can Gworgi eat?" He opened his maw right next to the man's neck, waiting for the confirmation.
May 14, 2024 10:21 pm
"No. Not yet. Let us give him a chance to think about his answers and decide if he'd like to be more... complete... with his honesty," Kif says coldly.

Inside he's laughing to death, but he can't lose his bearing at a time like this.
May 15, 2024 1:25 am
Henson looks up from his ritual, eyeing the kobold.

"You can't be serious. I'm starting to wonder which of us are the criminals now. Get your damn maw away from the man."

He grumbles something about the insanity of hiring wannabe dragons as he goes back into the slow chanting phrases.
May 15, 2024 1:28 am
"Don't pay any attention to him, Lizard. A micro-dragon has to eat too. Don't let other people limit your culinary choices."
May 15, 2024 1:39 am
"No Henson's right, if you're going to eat him, you should start with the limbs, that way you can keep him alive and fresh longer. Then again you might not prefer fresh meat, I'm not actually all that familiar with your kind's dietary preferences." Mazdu ponders
Last edited May 15, 2024 2:00 am

Rolls

Mazdu: Intimidation - (1d20+3)

(7) + 3 = 10

May 15, 2024 1:52 am
Gworgi let his maw open a little longer, thick drool slobbering off his lips onto the man's shoulder, but at Kif's word, he sighed and took his mouth away.

The bully yelled something, but Gworgi didn't hear what he said. Gworgi hardly ever hears what he says. Instead, he looked at the captive, made a V with his fingers and pointed it at his own eyes, then at the man, and licked his lips.

"Don't pay any attention to him, Lizard. A micro-dragon has to eat too. Don't let other people limit your culinary choices." Authority chimed in.

Gworgi grinned at Authority and gave him a clawed thumb's up.

Sr. Rat John

KoldikSteelskin

May 15, 2024 2:57 am
🕰️ 6:40
Sr. Rat John

"Wait! Come on, just cause I don't want to die your gonna kill me and let Bertrum walk? I think we'd both rather if you did the opposite. Then Bertrum's family gets there money and well, I can leave Neverwinter,.cause I can tell you I'm certainly never coming here again take a boat hop on it and sail as far from here as I can."

The following magical auras are in the area:
- An Enchantment Aura flowing from Mazdu to John.
- An Abjuration Aura from a Tattoo on John's Ankle.
- An Evocation Aura coming from 3 vial's of Alchemist Fire on John's person.
- A Necromancy Aura Surrounding Bertrum.
May 15, 2024 12:44 pm
"Paige, what's the report?"

The notepad flips to a cartoonish drawing of Mazdu zapping a rat with mind rays.

"Snake Eyes is casting Enchantment!"

Henson shakes his head at the needless doodles.

"We know that already. Anything else?"

A sketch of a rat-person flexing a 'heart mom' tattoo is flipped forward.

"Um, Rat Man has Abjuration coming off what looks like a tattoo!"

Henson grins and glances at the cuffed leader.

"Insurance policy John? Don't blame you there. What else Paige?"

The page is turned and reveals a sketch of three bottles with miniature explosions inside.

"He has Evocation in those vials!"

He raises a brow and looks to the Rat-Man's belt, sure enough, there were three vials.

"He does. Let me guess, the alchemist's fire you were after? That it Paige?"

Paige flips to a concerned expression, jotting in a few beads of sweat.

"There's uh.. Boss, I sense Necromancy from that wide eared person."

Henson looks over at Bertrum, gripping his staff tight.

"Necromancy? Your fancy daughter got something to do with that Bert? Or has your condition been afflicted upon you? You don't look like a corpse yet.."
Last edited May 15, 2024 12:46 pm
May 15, 2024 12:56 pm
"Not yet."

Bertrum

KoldikSteelskin

May 15, 2024 3:10 pm
Bertrum
"Neck-O-Magic? I dunno? I didn't think I could do any kind a magic, you sayin' I can do neck magic?"
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.