OOC Discussion

May 20, 2024 7:00 pm
What doesn't fit elsewhere can be discussed here!
May 21, 2024 1:13 am
Ciao, everyone! Just saying a general hello! Excited to be starting a new game.

Was looking around to find a minifigs to use as avatars, there are a few D&D specific sets out now, but the Lego minifig creation page is currently down. : /
May 21, 2024 1:32 am
Welcome to the game and to GP! I know, unfortunately I haven't had good luck finding a place to make a minifig for the characters.
May 21, 2024 10:31 am
I used Gemini (Google AI) And it gave me some pretty good Images, I mean obviously it's not made up of real lego pieces. But at least it looks like a lego character, and has enough customization that we won't all be identical.
May 21, 2024 1:44 pm
KoldikSteelskin says:
I used Gemini (Google AI) And it gave me some pretty good Images, I mean obviously it's not made up of real lego pieces. But at least it looks like a lego character, and has enough customization that we won't all be identical.
Derp! Why didn't I think of AI images. Hah! Ossified cranial matter.
May 21, 2024 1:50 pm
What the flip?! That's awsome!
https://i.imgur.com/nxtLHBB.png
May 22, 2024 12:05 am
valdattaMadun says:
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/gg/ANIJZFFugBfTQhf_3quUuAZV9YerEH58qhT3FRPyiHkgkyUbRcrotwcPBtMyV3NE0ZvBu8IgT01oLXurtd4T5LAdWuxEEsZnaEUCvRsHoshtXZCAGgEiT7Id9RXB5FO5juGXik0aXeX5oWkr0JSCwQQ4SfySekCPg1w_Ld1xEmaqsO2JmsfVOF2BvZdHeVweCO0L0UeH4mtpTFNzXPM89sBHKdh8OAqs5iI46ZgNS8G2XxTT0kZEiMHZd8MM6F2s_7KAWqeClbrK2d2If7R9ZF-CGT7__Hgln0abT54k_RmwWJGih__WhIy61oEsHues7TQtqZ08LdiICurM3mhjnmF35wBE
You've got to download and reupload Gemini Images
May 22, 2024 2:21 am
KoldikSteelskin says:
valdattaMadun says:
https://lbiglonglink....
You've got to download and reupload Gemini Images
I cheated and pasted in a screenshot. :P
May 22, 2024 8:12 am
I'll be gone over the weekend and maybe not be able to post. Back on monday/tuesday. :)

By the way: Meet Enigo Brickoswky - Mountain Dwarf out of The Great Library(tm)

https://i.imgur.com/VUHdyjc.jpeg

I think I am pretty done with characterbuilding, maybe swap a spell from this to that, but all in all nothing major should change now.
May 22, 2024 4:47 pm
All your characters are looking great!

Have a good holiday weekend! Not expecting to start scene 1 until after the holiday weekend and everyone has submitted their characters. I'll still check the threads over the weekend though if you guys post.
May 22, 2024 4:59 pm
I am finishing up building him out then transfering to Gamersplane :)
May 22, 2024 6:25 pm
I am about done and happy to start after the weekend 🙂
May 23, 2024 2:48 am
This video about using AI for custom graphic assets for TTRPG popped up in my YouTube thread and it blew my mind. Okay. I obviously knew about AI Art Generation, and I think I kind of understood people were already doing this, but my sluggish brain just couldn't connect the dots on it's own. :) You can just get some AI to generate what you like! And you can use kind of backgroundy image to just do a general representation of movement and location if you don't want to do strict grids, etc.

Also, I read about what seemed a nice way to account for movement in theatre of the mind (or the above) using language to convey distance. Melee/Reach/Nearby/etc, and your chars movement allows you to move one or more distances. There was a simpler one with just Melee/Near/Far, but i can't remember where that article/post was.
Last edited May 23, 2024 2:49 am
May 27, 2024 12:29 am
How does posting to just one person, such as the GM, work?

I read the guide about basic posting…

Dhakhan sent a note to quilltid
Just wondering what others see…

Last edited May 27, 2024 1:36 am
May 27, 2024 10:54 am
If it's a note we see that a message was sent from you too whatever person it's sent to, if it's sent as a private others see nothing.

Generally the private tag is exclusively used by the Game Master as players don't usually need other players to be unaware that something was sent.

Regardless the GM sees all note's and all privates and for the GM the private Tag shows up almost the same as a Note except where it says not is replaced with private.

KoldikSteelskin sent a note to KoldikSteelskin
https://i.imgur.com/fTmXX3I.png

Note and Private.
Last edited May 27, 2024 10:58 am
May 27, 2024 11:03 am
KoldikSteelskin says:
If it's a note we see that a message was sent from you too whatever person it's sent to, if it's sent as a private others see nothing...
Ta!!
Last edited May 27, 2024 11:03 am
May 27, 2024 2:04 pm
KoldikSteelskin says:
If it's a note we see that a message was sent from you too whatever person it's sent to, if it's sent as a private others see nothing.
Thank you for the explanation of the note feature~!

@Dhakhan

I will definitely keep what you've written in mind!
May 27, 2024 7:34 pm
I just have an image of Merton being approached for a job and being told "if you are patient future opportunities might come into your lap" thinking it was a hit job but in reality he was just hired at a Wing Stop and the manager was just thinking he might be a good shift lead.
May 28, 2024 7:41 pm
valdattaMadun says:
I just have an image of Merton being approached for a job and being told "if you are patient future opportunities might come into your lap" thinking it was a hit job but in reality he was just hired at a Wing Stop and the manager was just thinking he might be a good shift lead.
Ha ha, that's hilarious! I am afraid Merton is going to be traumatized for a bit from all the hot wing smells then.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.