OOC Discussion

May 20, 2024 7:00 pm
What doesn't fit elsewhere can be discussed here!
May 21, 2024 1:13 am
Ciao, everyone! Just saying a general hello! Excited to be starting a new game.

Was looking around to find a minifigs to use as avatars, there are a few D&D specific sets out now, but the Lego minifig creation page is currently down. : /
May 21, 2024 1:32 am
Welcome to the game and to GP! I know, unfortunately I haven't had good luck finding a place to make a minifig for the characters.
May 21, 2024 10:31 am
I used Gemini (Google AI) And it gave me some pretty good Images, I mean obviously it's not made up of real lego pieces. But at least it looks like a lego character, and has enough customization that we won't all be identical.
May 21, 2024 1:44 pm
KoldikSteelskin says:
I used Gemini (Google AI) And it gave me some pretty good Images, I mean obviously it's not made up of real lego pieces. But at least it looks like a lego character, and has enough customization that we won't all be identical.
Derp! Why didn't I think of AI images. Hah! Ossified cranial matter.
May 21, 2024 1:50 pm
What the flip?! That's awsome!
https://i.imgur.com/nxtLHBB.png
May 22, 2024 12:05 am
valdattaMadun says:
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/gg/ANIJZFFugBfTQhf_3quUuAZV9YerEH58qhT3FRPyiHkgkyUbRcrotwcPBtMyV3NE0ZvBu8IgT01oLXurtd4T5LAdWuxEEsZnaEUCvRsHoshtXZCAGgEiT7Id9RXB5FO5juGXik0aXeX5oWkr0JSCwQQ4SfySekCPg1w_Ld1xEmaqsO2JmsfVOF2BvZdHeVweCO0L0UeH4mtpTFNzXPM89sBHKdh8OAqs5iI46ZgNS8G2XxTT0kZEiMHZd8MM6F2s_7KAWqeClbrK2d2If7R9ZF-CGT7__Hgln0abT54k_RmwWJGih__WhIy61oEsHues7TQtqZ08LdiICurM3mhjnmF35wBE
You've got to download and reupload Gemini Images
May 22, 2024 2:21 am
KoldikSteelskin says:
valdattaMadun says:
https://lbiglonglink....
You've got to download and reupload Gemini Images
I cheated and pasted in a screenshot. :P
May 22, 2024 8:12 am
I'll be gone over the weekend and maybe not be able to post. Back on monday/tuesday. :)

By the way: Meet Enigo Brickoswky - Mountain Dwarf out of The Great Library(tm)

https://i.imgur.com/VUHdyjc.jpeg

I think I am pretty done with characterbuilding, maybe swap a spell from this to that, but all in all nothing major should change now.
May 22, 2024 4:47 pm
All your characters are looking great!

Have a good holiday weekend! Not expecting to start scene 1 until after the holiday weekend and everyone has submitted their characters. I'll still check the threads over the weekend though if you guys post.
May 22, 2024 4:59 pm
I am finishing up building him out then transfering to Gamersplane :)
May 22, 2024 6:25 pm
I am about done and happy to start after the weekend 🙂
May 23, 2024 2:48 am
This video about using AI for custom graphic assets for TTRPG popped up in my YouTube thread and it blew my mind. Okay. I obviously knew about AI Art Generation, and I think I kind of understood people were already doing this, but my sluggish brain just couldn't connect the dots on it's own. :) You can just get some AI to generate what you like! And you can use kind of backgroundy image to just do a general representation of movement and location if you don't want to do strict grids, etc.

Also, I read about what seemed a nice way to account for movement in theatre of the mind (or the above) using language to convey distance. Melee/Reach/Nearby/etc, and your chars movement allows you to move one or more distances. There was a simpler one with just Melee/Near/Far, but i can't remember where that article/post was.
Last edited May 23, 2024 2:49 am
May 27, 2024 12:29 am
How does posting to just one person, such as the GM, work?

I read the guide about basic posting…

Dhakhan sent a note to quilltid
Just wondering what others see…

Last edited May 27, 2024 1:36 am
May 27, 2024 10:54 am
If it's a note we see that a message was sent from you too whatever person it's sent to, if it's sent as a private others see nothing.

Generally the private tag is exclusively used by the Game Master as players don't usually need other players to be unaware that something was sent.

Regardless the GM sees all note's and all privates and for the GM the private Tag shows up almost the same as a Note except where it says not is replaced with private.

KoldikSteelskin sent a note to KoldikSteelskin
https://i.imgur.com/fTmXX3I.png

Note and Private.
Last edited May 27, 2024 10:58 am
May 27, 2024 11:03 am
KoldikSteelskin says:
If it's a note we see that a message was sent from you too whatever person it's sent to, if it's sent as a private others see nothing...
Ta!!
Last edited May 27, 2024 11:03 am
May 27, 2024 2:04 pm
KoldikSteelskin says:
If it's a note we see that a message was sent from you too whatever person it's sent to, if it's sent as a private others see nothing.
Thank you for the explanation of the note feature~!

@Dhakhan

I will definitely keep what you've written in mind!
May 27, 2024 7:34 pm
I just have an image of Merton being approached for a job and being told "if you are patient future opportunities might come into your lap" thinking it was a hit job but in reality he was just hired at a Wing Stop and the manager was just thinking he might be a good shift lead.
May 28, 2024 7:41 pm
valdattaMadun says:
I just have an image of Merton being approached for a job and being told "if you are patient future opportunities might come into your lap" thinking it was a hit job but in reality he was just hired at a Wing Stop and the manager was just thinking he might be a good shift lead.
Ha ha, that's hilarious! I am afraid Merton is going to be traumatized for a bit from all the hot wing smells then.
May 28, 2024 7:42 pm
@Dhakhan Also, not sure if you know, but you can use the drop down menu from "Post As" under quick reply and you can show up as your character when posting in Scene 1.
May 29, 2024 6:18 am
quilltid says:
@Dhakhan Also, not sure if you know, but you can use the drop down menu from "Post As" under quick reply and you can show up as your character when posting in Scene 1.
Thanks! I found it! Thought I'd actually used it the first time. Bahaha!! :)
Jun 13, 2024 4:37 pm
So the one-shot adventure seems to have it that magic items need to be "identified" or investigated over a short rest. I see other DMs online let intelligence or other checks be enough to look at an item. Do you all have a preference? I was thinking of common to rare magic items would just be a check and very rare to legendary items would require the extra time/skill?
Jun 13, 2024 4:57 pm
I have in some games ruled Identified over a short rest gets you all information, "quick" identification may give you partial information based on rarity (only the effect but no charge info, partial effects , etc)
Jun 13, 2024 5:27 pm
I vote Arcana Check, DC depending on the rarity.
Jun 14, 2024 2:07 am
soises says:
I vote Arcana Check, DC depending on the rarity.
This seems fair, especially considering that most magical items have fairly obvious characteristics that mean even a pleb can figure it out (don't deteriorate, indistructable via normal means, uncommon materials, etc.). Surely one verse in the arcane arts can resonably deduce an items basic nature? :D Specific information should require something extra, I think.
Jun 14, 2024 12:38 pm
Sounds good, we'll just do checks for the magic items and if there is something extra special or it's very rare or legendary, it may benefit from rumination during a short rest.
Jun 14, 2024 6:57 pm
Brickowsky hast the identify spell. sooo... with ritual casting it would cost him 11 minutes to identify a legendary item. ;)
Jun 14, 2024 11:13 pm
Nice, then you guys can also save identifying items for later as well if you like.
Jun 14, 2024 11:16 pm
Just a heads up, I will be on vacation with family for the next week. I will still have internet so I should be able to post once a day still, but just to let you all know why posting will be a bit slower. Please also let me know if you guys want things sped up a bit or something else to happen in game.
Jun 15, 2024 7:10 am
I am waiting on the others to show the ghost that he is dead. :)
Jun 15, 2024 9:11 am
soises says:
I am waiting on the others to show the ghost that he is dead. :)
I already said it pretty much straight to his face I'm waiting to see if they let me kill the ghost.
Jun 18, 2024 6:55 pm
that is really annoying it posted twice on my post...one with very good rolls and one with very bad rolls
Jun 21, 2024 1:43 am
One Question Each?! What should we ask? We know what's his head was poisoned. I'm presuming they brought the egg to the inn successfully and were then

Should we ask:
- Where could we find Althea or the others, assuming they aren't dead?
- How to identify this Muppet/Fairly person?
- Where is Cinderhowl's lair?
- Wast there anything to be wary of there?
- Ask if Muppet/Fairly matches the description of the bloke we met here?
- ????
Jun 21, 2024 10:56 am
How about What do you know about the goals of the dragon cult?
Jun 21, 2024 12:03 pm
Who send you to Cinderhowl's lair?
Jun 24, 2024 3:40 am
Bahahahaha! D&D Movie! This time, I'm guessing Oz won't be left waiting for his last question.

Well, okay. We seemed to have gotten a bit of info. "Big Dragon Amulet around his neck". Dragon Cultist, then?

What next? If they wanted it before it died, they obviously want to hatch it. Would they take it back to the nest? We'll obviously scoure this place for clues after Oswin's gone, but we need to find out where they took it, I guess.

Do we ask Oz directly about the cult? Or Where the lair is? Or how long it's been since he died?
Jun 24, 2024 6:05 am
The egg froze to death?
Jun 25, 2024 1:41 am
soises says:
The egg froze to death?
No, they wanted it before froze to death. They were keen to have it ASAP.
Jun 25, 2024 6:46 am
Ah! Thank you *thumb up*
Jun 28, 2024 1:44 am
Hey whoever is still down there be sure to search around in Oswin's pile of bones. Hindle picked up the earring, but there might be other useful items, or clues to finding the remaining adventurers.
Jul 1, 2024 2:22 am
That was a clever use of Shape Water! Hah!
Jul 1, 2024 3:12 am
I agree!
Jul 4, 2024 2:35 am
Happy July 4th to those who celebrate! I understand it's a holiday for some tomorrow, but I'll keep an eye on the game in case you guys post.
Jul 7, 2024 10:54 am
Just to let you know: I will be gone from the 10th until the 19th. Most likely I'll be able to post from my phone, but if you want to move the story along, please don't wait for me. :)
Jul 7, 2024 3:58 pm
soises says:
Just to let you know: I will be gone from the 10th until the 19th. Most likely I'll be able to post from my phone, but if you want to move the story along, please don't wait for me. :)
Thanks for the heads-up! Have a safe trip!
Jul 8, 2024 12:40 am
Apologies, I’ve been really ill the last few days. I’ll try to catch up today.
Jul 8, 2024 1:43 am
Dhakhan says:
Apologies, I’ve been really ill the last few days. I’ll try to catch up today.
No worries, focus on getting better.
Jul 8, 2024 12:45 pm
I won't be here from the 11th to the 19th either. I'll try to post during my absence, but please feel free to move my character along if needed :)
Jul 8, 2024 2:27 pm
Adrasthea says:
I won't be here from the 11th to the 19th either. I'll try to post during my absence, but please feel free to move my character along if needed :)
Thanks for letting us know! Heh, no worries, everyone enjoy your trips!
Jul 10, 2024 4:52 am
Hey all, KoldikSteelskin unfortunately will no longer be able to play in our adventure. If there are no objections especially by the creator, I will try to have Derv make an interesting new aspect of the story later down the line. Thanks for playing with us @KoldikSteelskin
Jul 16, 2024 2:54 am
Isn't roaring kitty Keith Gill's (the Gamestop stonks guy) reddit handle?

Sorry I keep seeing it and I keep needing to say something
Jul 16, 2024 6:12 am
valdattaMadun says:

Yes, that was my idea as soon as I read about the chicken. XD
Jul 16, 2024 5:12 pm
soises says:
valdattaMadun says:

Yes, that was my idea as soon as I read about the chicken. XD
hilarious. I actually use to be in a track and field online forum he frequented pretty consistently and would play CoD with him when I was in high school/college occasionally. Funny dude. Weird dude but funny dude.
Jul 16, 2024 6:14 pm
Woah! Very cool! 😎

I read his Reddit posts in Wallstreet Bets, but never bought GMC stocks.
Jul 22, 2024 6:24 pm
Question on the "building" mechanic once per scene.

If I were to say I wanted to build a trap outside of the sewers before we do this, like a fire trap or spike trap or something. Is that possible? like setting up a one time "they come out of the sewers and now a bunch of grease falls on them and ignites" kind of thing.

how open to that are you?
Jul 23, 2024 12:33 am
valdattaMadun says:
Question on the "building" mechanic once per scene.

If I were to say I wanted to build a trap outside of the sewers before we do this, like a fire trap or spike trap or something. Is that possible? like setting up a one time "they come out of the sewers and now a bunch of grease falls on them and ignites" kind of thing.

how open to that are you?
That sounds great! Your inspiration points are for either re-rolls or a build so you can use your inspiration point to build in scene 1 and your build will be there for scene 2 along with a new inspiration point for the new scene. What would Merton like to build then?
Jul 23, 2024 11:37 pm
What about some fire trap outside if the sewer where we saw the spiders.

Like pour grease and ignite
Last edited July 23, 2024 11:38 pm
Jul 23, 2024 11:53 pm
Sure, there's lots of wine in the cellar and probably grease or something to fry chicken wings in the kitchen. You already have the torch. Do you want to include something to keep the fire from moving beyond where you set it as well? Feel free to grab what you need in Scene 1, you've got the whole Inn at your disposal!
Jul 25, 2024 4:15 pm
what if we actually keep it even more simple. We heat up the fryer grease put it into a pot and poor boiling hot grease on the spiders to make some Karaage spiders?
Jul 25, 2024 8:57 pm
valdattaMadun says:
what if we actually keep it even more simple. We heat up the fryer grease put it into a pot and poor boiling hot grease on the spiders to make some Karaage spiders?
Fried chicken wings and fried spiders, mmm...

Sure, feel free to describe what Merton builds or does in Scene 1! Looks like Brickowsky and Leana are going to bait the spiders to come out and then he can pour the boiling hot grease on those pesky spiders. You roll a 1d20 to see about success, you may also roll with advantage if Merton has the oil poured from a "sneaking" position or if someone wants to help you with the build.
Aug 3, 2024 3:39 am
Heads up, will move the group down a path tomorrow
Aug 4, 2024 7:51 am
I will be gone the coming week. As we are sometimes high up in the mountains I am not sure that I can answer in time. If need be, let Brickowsky stay back as far as possible, while shotting his fire blast on anything that is fighting the group. Thanks!
Last edited August 4, 2024 10:33 am
Aug 4, 2024 8:27 am
Same goes for me. Please take my chara with you and use her abilities as you see fit :)
Aug 4, 2024 7:31 pm
Thanks for the update everyone and enjoy your summer! I'll probably keep things going slow for the next week, but have you guys ready to fight at a distance if it comes up.
Aug 30, 2024 3:11 pm
Hey all, I know Labor Day weekend is popping up in the U.S. so no worries, expecting a slow down until Tuesday or Wednesday. I will still check in once a day like usual. Sorry for the delay, but Scene 3 is now up!
Sep 3, 2024 3:32 am
Plan to put up the map and the tentative initiative list tomorrow, with replies to what Leana and Brickowsky have done so far. Hope you all had a good weekend!
Sep 9, 2024 12:24 am
@Dhakhan I understand it's the weekend so not planning to move us forward until Monday around 8PM GMT, but just reminding it's Hindle's turn next and I'll put him on auto Eldritch blast if you need. Hope everyone's having a good weekend!
Sep 13, 2024 1:56 am
Thank you for the "in game" prompts. :)
Sep 13, 2024 1:56 am
Thank you for the "in game" prompts. :)
Sep 13, 2024 1:55 pm
Thanks for accepting the prompts!
Sep 25, 2024 6:42 am
Hey guys!

I'll be gone from the 21th of Oct to the 13th of Nov. During this time I most likely can't post. Please take Brickowsky along and don't start a fight with a dragon. ;)
Sep 26, 2024 5:46 am
Thanks for the heads up! We'll try not to anger any dragons while you're gone. :P
Sep 28, 2024 6:40 am
That would be great. :D

Could you roll for valdattaMadun, please? He didn't answer for a while now. Maybe we can find a new player inside the cell as well as we are already one character short, because of Kodlik.

Edit: I really like this game and would love to continue. It isn't stressful, the right amount of puns and lightheartedness VS. good fights and puzzles. Please let us finish this one. :)
Last edited September 28, 2024 6:43 am
Sep 28, 2024 4:54 pm
Yes! Please let us continue this game. I really enjoy the playfulness :)
Sep 29, 2024 1:44 am
Ah, thank you for the feedback and I have been loving how this game has unfolded so far. Sounds good, we will push forward and @valdattaMadun, hope you are doing OK! Sure, we can see if anybody wants to join and be the fifth player once valdattaMadun returns. Got to be ready for the dragon and all!
Sep 29, 2024 1:56 am

Recruit one more player?

Aye!
Nay!

You do not have permission to post in this thread.