OOC Discussion

load previous
May 28, 2024 7:42 pm
@Dhakhan Also, not sure if you know, but you can use the drop down menu from "Post As" under quick reply and you can show up as your character when posting in Scene 1.
May 29, 2024 6:18 am
quilltid says:
@Dhakhan Also, not sure if you know, but you can use the drop down menu from "Post As" under quick reply and you can show up as your character when posting in Scene 1.
Thanks! I found it! Thought I'd actually used it the first time. Bahaha!! :)
Jun 13, 2024 4:37 pm
So the one-shot adventure seems to have it that magic items need to be "identified" or investigated over a short rest. I see other DMs online let intelligence or other checks be enough to look at an item. Do you all have a preference? I was thinking of common to rare magic items would just be a check and very rare to legendary items would require the extra time/skill?
Jun 13, 2024 4:57 pm
I have in some games ruled Identified over a short rest gets you all information, "quick" identification may give you partial information based on rarity (only the effect but no charge info, partial effects , etc)
Jun 13, 2024 5:27 pm
I vote Arcana Check, DC depending on the rarity.
Jun 14, 2024 2:07 am
soises says:
I vote Arcana Check, DC depending on the rarity.
This seems fair, especially considering that most magical items have fairly obvious characteristics that mean even a pleb can figure it out (don't deteriorate, indistructable via normal means, uncommon materials, etc.). Surely one verse in the arcane arts can resonably deduce an items basic nature? :D Specific information should require something extra, I think.
Jun 14, 2024 12:38 pm
Sounds good, we'll just do checks for the magic items and if there is something extra special or it's very rare or legendary, it may benefit from rumination during a short rest.
Jun 14, 2024 6:57 pm
Brickowsky hast the identify spell. sooo... with ritual casting it would cost him 11 minutes to identify a legendary item. ;)
Jun 14, 2024 11:13 pm
Nice, then you guys can also save identifying items for later as well if you like.
Jun 14, 2024 11:16 pm
Just a heads up, I will be on vacation with family for the next week. I will still have internet so I should be able to post once a day still, but just to let you all know why posting will be a bit slower. Please also let me know if you guys want things sped up a bit or something else to happen in game.
Jun 15, 2024 7:10 am
I am waiting on the others to show the ghost that he is dead. :)
Jun 15, 2024 9:11 am
soises says:
I am waiting on the others to show the ghost that he is dead. :)
I already said it pretty much straight to his face I'm waiting to see if they let me kill the ghost.
Jun 18, 2024 6:55 pm
that is really annoying it posted twice on my post...one with very good rolls and one with very bad rolls
Jun 21, 2024 1:43 am
One Question Each?! What should we ask? We know what's his head was poisoned. I'm presuming they brought the egg to the inn successfully and were then

Should we ask:
- Where could we find Althea or the others, assuming they aren't dead?
- How to identify this Muppet/Fairly person?
- Where is Cinderhowl's lair?
- Wast there anything to be wary of there?
- Ask if Muppet/Fairly matches the description of the bloke we met here?
- ????
Jun 21, 2024 10:56 am
How about What do you know about the goals of the dragon cult?
Jun 21, 2024 12:03 pm
Who send you to Cinderhowl's lair?
Jun 24, 2024 3:40 am
Bahahahaha! D&D Movie! This time, I'm guessing Oz won't be left waiting for his last question.

Well, okay. We seemed to have gotten a bit of info. "Big Dragon Amulet around his neck". Dragon Cultist, then?

What next? If they wanted it before it died, they obviously want to hatch it. Would they take it back to the nest? We'll obviously scoure this place for clues after Oswin's gone, but we need to find out where they took it, I guess.

Do we ask Oz directly about the cult? Or Where the lair is? Or how long it's been since he died?
Jun 24, 2024 6:05 am
The egg froze to death?
Jun 25, 2024 1:41 am
soises says:
The egg froze to death?
No, they wanted it before froze to death. They were keen to have it ASAP.
Jun 25, 2024 6:46 am
Ah! Thank you *thumb up*
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.