Session 0

May 30, 2024 2:31 am
Firstly, I made the game public. I am willing for this to change.

Let us start with some basic AI questions.

What AI do we use? Does it matter?

Do we want to set guidelines on prompts?

My one request is the prompts are sharable to keep each other "honest"
May 30, 2024 2:41 am
Obviously a free AI is preferred so that all are on a level playing field. I have only used poe but am open to other options.

As for guidelines, I've no issue with that, though am not sure what those guidelines should be.
May 30, 2024 2:46 am
I mainly use Genesis (Google AI) or chatgpt.

For guidelines my main thoughts were

Format (create a subclass for x class that does y)
Number of "refinement" follow ups
May 30, 2024 4:44 am
Would the refinements be within the generated subclass, say a stat bonus in a fighter subclass from add strength mod to dex if you were focusing finesse? Or say you generate 2 subclassed for fighter and pick between the two?
May 30, 2024 4:58 am
My idea was something like this

"Make subclass that does this thing"
Result
Refinement 1: can you recreate the subclass but give it spellcasting
Result
Refinement 2: change the 3rd level feature to be like smiting
Etc etc

Then you do this for the 2-3 subclasses before picking one.
May 30, 2024 5:00 am
I think directly saying the feature and what it does I think could be avoided (or limited). But like create a feature that adds str modifiers to dex saves and skill checks

And not

Create a feature that does 20d12 damage
May 30, 2024 5:22 am
Ok yeah that sounds good……. Though bummer about that 20d12 damage, haha.
May 30, 2024 3:46 pm
Just for fun, I asked the AI (Gemini.google) the following:

Using D&D 5e rules, create a DnD 20 level class that fulfills the power fantasy of being Kratos from God of War? Provide class features at level 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, and 20. Create abilities based around Kratos' Blades of Chaos and Leviathan Axe. (Note: I indicate the individual class levels as on previous attempts the AI skipped many levels, more like a subclass).

It decided to assume I meant subclass and provided me one. I made a refinement: I'm not looking for a fighter subclass but rather a brand new class that stands on its own

It responded with: My apologies, here's a complete class built from the ground up to capture the essence of Kratos:

To which it generated a class, but left our many levels of class features.

Next refinement: Provide class features for the levels that you left out

Which it did, except for 2nd level

Next refinement: class features are still needed for level 2

To which it provided a 2nd level feature.

Realizing there is a limit to word count I followed with the next 3 statements:

1. Please rewrite the class with the first 10 levels in numerical order (it only provided 9 levels worth)
2. Post class features for levels 10 to 15
3. post class features for levels 16 to 20

When placed together in chronological order, here is what it gave me:

Demigod: Warrior of Olympus

This class embodies the raw power and relentless fury of a demigod warrior. Fueled by rage and wielding legendary weapons, they carve a path of destruction through enemies, channeling their godly heritage to overcome any challenge.

Armor: Light or Medium Armor, Shields
Weapons: All Simple Weapons, Martial Weapons
Saving Throws: Strength, Constitution
Skills: Choose four from Athletics, Acrobatics, Intimidation, Perception, Survival

Starting Equipment: Chain Mail, Greataxe (considered a Battle Axe for Demigods), Leather Armor, Healer's Kit, Spartan Blades (described below), Leviathan Axe (described below)

Proficiency Bonus: As per the standard class table in the Player's Handbook.

Hit Points:

Hit Dice: 1d10 per Demigod level
Hit Points at Higher Levels: (1d10 + Constitution modifier) x Demigod level + 10 x (Demigod modifier - 1)
Demigod Features

All Demigods gain the following features as they level up.

1st Level: Rage (Modified)

As per the base Barbarian class, but with the following changes:

While raging, you have advantage on Strength checks and saving throws.
The damage bonus you gain while raging increases to 2 + your Strength modifier.

1st Level: Fury of Olympus

As a bonus action, you can unleash a burst of rage, gaining a +2 bonus to your attack rolls and damage rolls until the end of your next turn. This bonus increases to +5 at 10th level.

1st Level: Echoes of Sparta

You gain proficiency with Scimitars and Battle Axes. These weapons are considered magical for you. You can magically summon the Blades of Chaos (Scimitars) or the Leviathan Axe (Battle Axe) to your hand as a bonus action. When dropped or disarmed, they disappear back to an extradimensional space. While wielding the Blades of Chaos, you gain a +1 bonus to attack rolls with them. While wielding the Leviathan Axe, your attacks with it deal an additional 1d6 cold damage.

2nd Level: Battle Trance

You can fight for extended periods without tiring. While raging, you gain temporary hit points equal to your Constitution modifier + your Demigod level at the start of your rage. These temporary hit points last until your rage ends.

3rd Level: Chaos Gauntlets

Your unarmed strikes deal bludgeoning damage equal to 1d4 + your Strength modifier. While raging, the damage of your unarmed strikes increases to 1d8 + your Strength modifier + your Demigod level. Additionally, as a bonus action while raging, you can make an unarmed strike as part of another attack with a weapon.

3rd Level: Godly Might

You gain a pool of Demigod points equal to your Demigod level. You can expend points to fuel certain abilities, regaining all spent points on a long rest. You can use Demigod points for the following:

Brutal Strike (1 point): When you hit a creature with a weapon attack, you can expend 1 point to deal extra damage to the creature equal to your Strength modifier + your proficiency bonus.

Parry (1 point): As a reaction when a creature within 5 feet of you hits you with a melee attack, you can expend 1 point to reduce the damage you take by an amount equal to your Strength modifier + your proficiency bonus.

4th Level: Ability Score Improvement

Increase one ability score of your choice by 2, or two ability scores of your choice by 1.

5th Level: Demigod's Rage

Your rage gains a new effect at this level and additional effects at later levels. At 5th level, while raging, you can choose to gain resistance to all damage except for bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing damage.

5th Level: Extra Attack

Beginning at 5th level, you can attack twice, instead of once, whenever you take the Attack action on your turn.

The number of attacks increases to three when you reach 11th level in this class and to four when you reach 20th level in this class.

6th Level: Second Wind

You can use this bonus action to regain hit points equal to 1d10 + your Demigod level. You can't use this feature again until you finish a short or long rest.

7th Level: Spartan Riposte

When a creature within range of your attacks you with a melee attack, they provoke an attack of opportunity from you, allowing you to make a melee weapon attack against that creature with advantage on the attack roll.

8th Level: Ability Score Improvement

Increase one ability score of your choice by 2, or two ability scores of your choice by 1.

9th Level: War Cry

As a bonus action, you can let out a bellowing war cry. All hostile creatures within 30 feet of you must succeed on a Wisdom saving throw (DC equal to 8 + your proficiency bonus + your Strength modifier) or be frightened of you until the end of your next turn.

9th Level: Demigod's Rage (Improved)

Building upon your resilience, while raging you can now choose to gain resistance to all damage types.

10th Level: Brutal Fury

Your rage damage increases by 2 for every two Demigod levels you have beyond 10th (2 at 10th, 4 at 12th, etc.).

10th Level: Fury of Olympus (Improved)

The bonus granted by Fury of Olympus increases to +5. Additionally, while raging under the effect of Fury of Olympus, your movement speed increases by 10 feet.

11th Level: Echoes of Sparta (Improved)

The bonus to attack rolls you gain from wielding the Blades of Chaos increases to +2.

11th Level: Relentless Fury

You can maintain your rage for longer than normal. While raging, the first time on each of your turns that you hit a creature with a weapon attack, this rage doesn't end at the start of your next turn. However, your rage will end if you fail to make a weapon attack hitting a creature on your turn or if you fall unconscious.

12th Level: Ability Score Improvement

13th Level: Throw of the Leviathan

As an action, you can hurl the Leviathan Axe at a creature within 60 feet of you. Make a ranged weapon attack with the axe using your Strength modifier instead of your Dexterity modifier. On a hit, the target creature takes the normal weapon damage + 1d8 cold damage and must make a Strength saving throw (DC equal to 8 + your proficiency bonus + your Strength modifier). On a failed save, the creature is pulled 10 feet closer to you. You can then use a bonus action to magically pull the Leviathan Axe back to your hand.

14th Level: Dominating Presence

Creatures you frighten with your War Cry ability are also stunned until the end of your next turn.

15th Level: Demigod's Rage (Mastery)

As a testament to your godly heritage, your rage becomes even more potent. While raging, you gain immunity to all non-magical weapon damage.

15th Level: Godly Might (Improved)

Your connection to your godly heritage grows stronger, granting you a larger pool of Demigod points to fuel your divine abilities.

Increased Pool: Your pool of Demigod points increases to twice your Demigod level (rounded down).

This allows you to use your existing Demigod point abilities (Brutal Strike and Parry) more frequently and strategically in combat.

16th Level: Ability Score Improvement

17th Level: Echoes of Sparta (Mastery)

The bonus to attack rolls you gain from wielding the Blades of Chaos increases to +3. Additionally, the Blades of Chaos now have a +1 bonus to their AC calculation when you are wielding them.

18th Level: Eternal Rage

You can maintain your rage indefinitely, but you still suffer one level of exhaustion each hour while raging.

19th Level: Legacy of the Gods

You become a legend on the battlefield. You gain resistance to all damage types. Additionally, while raging, your walking speed increases by 10 feet, and you gain a flying speed equal to your walking speed. You can choose to hover while flying.

20th Level: God of War

While Raging, you become a whirlwind of destruction. You gain the following benefits:

Unquenchable Fury: You can maintain your rage indefinitely without suffering exhaustion.

Immunity to magical weapon damage: You are unharmed by attacks from magical weapons.

Fear Aura: Hostile creatures within 10 feet of you must succeed on a Wisdom saving throw (DC equal to 8 + your proficiency bonus + your Strength modifier) or be frightened of you and stunned until the end of your next turn.

Rage Damage: Your Rage damage increases by an additional 5 points.
I really like what it generated though there are some tweaks I think are necessary to fully have the feel of being Kratos using the Blades of Chaos and the Leviathan Axe.

Possibly, at level 1, there should be an inclusion of something like: when using the attack action with the Blades of Chaos you make 2 attacks, one with each Blade (sort of like the Extra Attack ability, but only applicable to Blades of Chaos). As well, there should be some incremental form of reach for the Blades of Chaos (10' at level 1, +5' of reach at 5th level and every 5 levels there after).

as for the Leviathan Axe...in the game it is predominantly a ranged/thrown weapon (at least it was for me) with magical retrieval/returning property, with the ability to deal damage upon its return, once 'summoned' back to hand (a bonus action perhaps?). Level 13's class feature should be 'Throw of the Leviathan (Improved)'. At 1st level 'Throw of the Leviathan' should be gained and have a 30' throwing range increment with a return to hand ability, with a separate attack roll as it returns to see if it hits a target standing in the path of its return...the 10' of movement toward the Demigod should only apply to this return to hand aspect, drawing the target back toward the thrower. Though a 'push opponent' 10' away on the initial throw would work as well. So Demigod would decide, push 10' away attempt on the initial throw, or a pull 10' toward attempt on its return. Though, at the Demigod's option, could chose to do both or neither.

Those are my two major critiques (and suggested fixes) to create a character (through a newly created AI class) that emulates the feel of Kratos from the game 'God of War' (my all time favorite video game).
Using the AI, a subclass, expanding upon the class itself (or some aspect of it, raging for example, or provoking attacks of opportunity in different ways) could be similarly made. And then, if desired, a background and/or feats (if taken) could be similarly created using the AI.

Note: Given that I'm new to using AI for this purpose, I stupidly generated this information using an existing inquiry thread (instead of starting a new one), so posting the link to view the entire process would also provide personal, non-game related details that I'm not willing to share. So, if the copy/paste isn't acceptable (were we to use AI crafted classes) I'd need to attempt to go through the process again...likely ending up with something different in part or entirely?. It was a fun exercise at the very least.
Last edited June 1, 2024 1:48 am
May 30, 2024 3:47 pm
If attempting this again, I think I would change the wording of the inquiry to: create a class based on X and provide me class features for the first 5 levels. Then request 6-10, 11-15, and 16-20. It would have saved a lot of issues that I faced in the crafting of this first attempt.
May 30, 2024 3:50 pm
I'm still new to using AI to generate stuff. So I am mostly along for the ride, but will definitely speak up if i have questions or suggestions.
May 30, 2024 4:27 pm
oh, and I followed up the class creation with an inquiry centered around creating a subclass for the Demigod class with the following criteria:
Quote:
Create a subclass for the Demigod class, using the dnd 5e format for subclasses, focused on creating more opportunities for opponents to provoke attacks of opportunity from the Demigod as well as improving the chances of successfully landing a critical hit.
This is what it gave me:

Demigod Subclass: Warden of Fury

Wardens of Fury embody the Demigod's rage as an impenetrable wall, daring enemies to break through and face their wrath. They excel at manipulating the battlefield, forcing foes into disadvantageous positions and exploiting their reckless attacks with devastating counterstrikes. Their very presence on the battlefield creates a storm of fury, inciting enemies to charge recklessly.

Skills at 3rd Level: Choose two from Athletics, Intimidation, Perception, and Survival

Bonus Proficiencies (3rd Level): You gain proficiency in the Intimidation skill if you are not already proficient. Additionally, you gain proficiency in the Athletics skill if you are not already proficient.

Fury's Challenge (3rd Level):

Starting at 3rd level, your presence on the battlefield goads your enemies into reckless attacks. As a bonus action, you can activate Fury's Challenge. While this Challenge is active, any creature within 10 feet of you that willingly moves closer to you or attacks a creature other than you provokes an attack of opportunity from you. This Challenge lasts for 1 minute. You can use this bonus action a number of times equal to your Strength modifier (minimum of once), and regain all expended uses when you finish a long rest.

Impenetrable Bulwark (3rd Level):

Whenever a creature within your reach misses you with an attack roll on its turn, they provoke an attack of opportunity from you. In a furious retaliation, you can immediately make a melee weapon attack against that creature, channeling your rage to strike them down.

Relentless Onslaught (6th Level):

At 6th level, your fury grants you the ability to press your attacks relentlessly. When you hit a creature with a melee attack on your turn, you can move up to your walking speed without provoking opportunity attacks.

Critical Fury (10th Level):

Your relentless rage fuels your attacks, granting you a higher chance of landing critical hits. While raging, your weapon attacks score critical hits on a roll of 19 or 20.

Fury's Embrace (14th Level):

Starting at 14th level, your rage becomes even more potent when faced with overwhelming attacks. Whenever a creature within your reach hits you with an attack roll on its turn, they provoke an attack of opportunity from you. This allows you to unleash your fury in a punishing counterstrike, turning their aggression against them.

Maelstrom of Fury (17th Level):

At 17th level, your fury creates a swirling vortex of rage around you, daring enemies to enter. While raging, whenever a creature within your reach hits you with an attack, that creature must succeed on a Strength saving throw (DC equal to 8 + your proficiency bonus + your Strength modifier). On a failed save, the creature is pushed 10 feet away from you and takes bludgeoning damage equal to your Rage damage bonus.
Not sure why it includes this, but I'd remove the following:

Skills at 3rd Level: Choose two from Athletics, Intimidation, Perception, and Survival

Bonus Proficiencies (3rd Level): You gain proficiency in the Intimidation skill if you are not already proficient. Additionally, you gain proficiency in the Athletics skill if you are not already proficient.
May 30, 2024 4:50 pm
Since the Class, nor the subclass, provided access to the Fighting Style ability of the fighter, I asked it this:

Create a feat that replicates the Tunnel Fighter fighting style using dnd 5e rules

The Response:

Feat: Tunnel Master

honed in the claustrophobic crush of tunnels and tight corridors, you've transformed your combat style into a whirlwind of deadly efficiency, ready to unleash it on any battlefield.

Prerequisites: Strength 13 or Dexterity 13

Benefits:

Master of the Chokepoint: As a bonus action, you can enter a state of Tunnel Mastery that lasts until the start of your next turn. While in Tunnel Mastery, you gain the following benefits:

Fury's Vortex: While in Tunnel Mastery, you can make opportunity attacks whenever a creature within your reach provokes them, without using your reaction. This relentless focus on confined spaces allows you to unleash your fury against any movement around you.

Wall of Steel: While in Tunnel Mastery, you gain a +2 bonus to your AC.
May 30, 2024 5:48 pm
Woah, this is fascinating, and part of the reason I've not looked into AI too much. How am i supposed to get any work done today?

My first use of AI (other than character images): Using D&D 5e rules, create a character class that can heal wounds in a way that no current class does. Create abilities that help them heal other characters, but avoid taking damage themselves.

Class: Warden of Harmony

Wardens of Harmony are mystical protectors who weave a tapestry of life energy to heal allies and hinder foes. They forgo heavy armor, relying on agility and tactical positioning to avoid harm.
[ +- ] full text
May 30, 2024 5:49 pm
I then attempted creating a race, with the following prompt:
Quote:
Create a race, using DnD 5e format and rules, that will mesh well with a character taking the 'Demigod' class and the 'Warden of Fury' subclass and fits with a Kratos themed character.
It came back with:

Race: Spartan-Barbarian

Spartan-Barbarians are a fierce warrior race descended from the legendary Spartan warriors and a primal rage spirit that empowers them with incredible strength and resilience. Their lineage grants them exceptional combat prowess, an unrelenting fury, and an affinity for fire, reflecting the rage that burns within them. This combination perfectly complements the Demigod class, particularly the Warden of Fury subclass, creating a character reminiscent of Kratos from God of War.

Ability Score Increase: Your Strength score increases by 2, and your Constitution score increases by 1.

Age: Spartan-Barbarians mature at a similar rate to humans, reaching adulthood around 20 years old and living up to 120 years.

Size: Spartan-Barbarians are Medium creatures.

Speed: Your base walking speed is 30 feet.

Spartan Training: You are proficient in Athletics, Intimidation, and Martial Weapons.

Spirit Rage: You have resistance to fire damage. Additionally, as a bonus action, you can enter a state of heightened awareness that lasts until the start of your next turn. While in this state of heightened awareness, your unwavering focus allows you to react instantly to threats. Whenever a creature you can see within 30 feet of you attacks a creature other than you, it provokes an attack of opportunity, and you can immediately make a melee weapon attack against the attacking creature. This damage, if the attack is successful, is damage delivered from the spirits that fuel your rage, so you do not need to actually have reach to the target.

Mark of the Fury: Starting at 3rd level, your connection to the rage spirit intensifies. Once per turn, when you hit a creature with a melee weapon attack, you deal an extra 1d6 fire damage to the target.

Languages: You can speak, read, and write Common and Ancient Greek.

Suggested Traits:

• Personality: Spartan-Barbarians are driven by a strong sense of justice and a relentless pursuit of vengeance.
They are disciplined and unwavering in battle, but their rage can be a destructive force.

• Ideals: Strength is the only path to victory. Vengeance is a duty. Discipline is the key to mastering rage.

• Bonds: I seek to avenge the death of a loved one. I am bound by an oath to a powerful patron.
I carry a cursed weapon fueled by my rage.

• Flaws: My rage clouds my judgment. I am quick to anger and slow to forgive. I am haunted by the ghosts of my past.
Last edited May 31, 2024 2:07 am
May 30, 2024 5:54 pm
Ok, this may be closer to something I would actually want to play:

Using D&D 5e rules, create a new subclass for the fighter class that uses teleporting and portals to attack enemies and escape from threats. Create class abilities at level 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, and 10 the use the power of small portals
Show drafts
Fighter Subclass: Way of the Riftwalker

Riftwalkers are fighters who have mastered the art of manipulating small portals, using them to launch surprise attacks, reposition themselves in the blink of an eye, and confound their enemies.
[ +- ] Full Text
May 30, 2024 6:00 pm
Crazybirdman: I really like the concept of the class. Personally, I'd be going back with 'refinements'; specifically that it provide class features for the levels it left out. Harmony's Embrace really seems to weak for an 18th level ability...a 4th level spell or higher to convert a critical hit into a non-critical hit...I might say it was good if it just negated all damage from the critical hit instead of just the critical damage?

Or maybe something like, a 1st-3rd level spell negates the critical damage, a 4th-6th level spell negates the damage altogether, and a 7th or higher negates the damage altogether and confers upon the creature (that is the target of this ability) hit points equal to the total damage it would have taken, converting any hit points above the creatures max into temporary hit points.

But then, if we are leaving it to AI...perhaps wording a refinement that makes the ability stronger/more effective and see what it turns up?
May 30, 2024 6:09 pm
My problem with the fighter subclass is that it requires spell slots for many of its abilities...as a fighter, where is it getting these spell slots from? It would only be feasible to enter this class as a part of multiclassing?

Seems like you'd need to multiclass with a full casting class that had a spell progression like wizard (vs sorcerer), such that 10 levels in it would give you access to 5th level spells so you could use the 10th level cap stone of the subclass??

That severely damages the caster's casting ability (as, by 20th level...with 10 levels of this subclass), maxing them out at 5th level spells (losing 6-9th).

Or...is this a subclass intended to be taken by a caster...and this doesn't follow the normal structure of subclasses, as subclasses don't give abilities at every level from 1 - 10?? (I'm assuming this isn't the case, since you specified it as a fighter subclass: Using D&D 5e rules, create a new subclass for the fighter class).

Again, its what the AI generated, so perhaps it's fair game?
Last edited May 30, 2024 6:10 pm
May 30, 2024 6:21 pm
I have no idea. lol I guess I'll have to refine it to not use spell slots, but as a first attempt, I like it.

I don't play casters much, (and don't think I've had a character past level 10) so I'm not sure what seams reasonable or not.
May 30, 2024 7:04 pm
I think if possible I’m going to go with a Druid with AI generated subclass https://g.co/gemini/share/5195c81c2618
May 30, 2024 7:10 pm
Just keep in mind, this was said:

https://i.imgur.com/FRS4CWJ.jpeg

If I was going to theme a character, I'd rather start with Class before Subclass...provided we go that route.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.