A Time for Harvest Gameplay - Chapter Two

load previous
Sep 25, 2016 11:00 pm
Rolling

Rolls

Library use - (1d100)

(48) = 48

Sep 25, 2016 11:07 pm
Angel stands in the dean's office nervously. Mentally, he left the events in Cobb's Corner far behind even though only a short time has past. He assumed that everyone else left that strange time in the past, as well, but evidently he can't escape it that easily. He glances at the others, whom he hasn't seen since they all returned to school, and nods.

"Glad to see you all. Anyone have a clue as to how this is going to go? "
Sep 25, 2016 11:10 pm
Father Simon is not present. A couple of you saw him picked up in a black sedan this morning, his bags packed, no doubt summoned back to the Church in disgrace.

That leaves Mathis, Angel, Joseph, Jon and Harry. Mathis and Jon have been temporarily discharged for this meeting. Jon's arm is in a new sling and Mathis's jaw is wired up, preventing him from talking.

The Dean reprimands all of you for what he describes your "inexcusable behaviour". Your arrest for "indecent behaviour and drunkenness during Prohibition" will go on your permanent record and in particular Mathis, who assaulted an officer of the law is not being pressed with further charges, given his clearly unstable mental state that night, however, he is on a final warning.

One more mistake from any of you, no matter how small, will result in immediate expulsion from the school.

After the reprimand, to which you are not permitted to speak, you decide to adjourn together to the local milk bar and talk, or in Mathis' case, mumble.
Sep 25, 2016 11:11 pm
Knifesedgegames sent a note to Kaosanddoom
Sep 25, 2016 11:21 pm
Angel stares at the table, his hand wrapped loosely around the sweating, glass Dr. Pepper bottle sitting in front of him. He inhales deeply and lets it out slowly.

"Well, that was fun," he says in a low voice to the others.
Sep 26, 2016 12:31 am
Mathis will change gears some and start researching the author of the pamphlet.
Sep 26, 2016 1:08 am
OOC:
in the current scene
Mathis has resorted to carrying a notepad for communication. Mumbling through a cracked jaw is bull crap.

Mathis writes "indeed it was. But the dean is full of shit anyway. Nobody here believes we saw what we saw. But it exists. People have gone missing and died. Nobody wants to talk about that. They want to call us drunks, and try to scare us into toeing their line. I'm half tempted to let whatever is happening happen, just to see their stupid faces when they shit themselves in terror."

He tears the page out and hands it around.
Last edited March 8, 2018 5:19 pm
Sep 26, 2016 1:31 am
Jon will chuckle after reading the note Mathis wrote, running his arm slightly. Still hurts like hell, but there is motion in it, at least.

"Piss on the lot of them. Though...lets face it Mathis...we all sounded pretty crazy at times. I plan on doing more research, but we should keep it between us, I think.

No need of getting thrown into the asylum because we told everyone about toadmen from Dreamland, you know?

Speaking of, I found a really interesting read at the library the other day..."
Sep 26, 2016 2:24 am
Angel works his eyebrow. "Toadmen? I... hadn't heard anything like that. But i still see those flying shapes from the last night. " He shudders as he remembers.

Meeting everyone's gaze he asks, "I don't suppose that any of you will just let it all fade into the past?"
Sep 26, 2016 6:29 am
OOC:
Bear in mind this is happening prior to completing your research/going hunting etc so no need to go into too much detail of what you found just yet
Sep 26, 2016 5:37 pm
"I'm not going to go looking for trouble, if that's what you're asking Angel," Jon replies. "I do want to know more about what happened, though. I'd never seen or heard of anything like that before...and I don't like not understanding what it was I saw."
Sep 26, 2016 5:40 pm
Mathis jots a quick not to pass to angel.

"My friend, I don't think we could let this go if we wanted to. We are part of something now, whether we choose to believe it or not. I am not asking you to be in the thick of it, but be alert. Keep your eyes open and if you see anything out of the ordinary tell one of us. Don't hide it from yourself and become a victim of your own denial."
Sep 26, 2016 6:36 pm
Looking at the note with Angel, Jon snorts. "I dunno about all of that 'predestination' and 'fate' stuff, Mathis. All I know is we've discovered something 'new', and I want to get to understand it better. That's part and parcel with archaeology...discovery and understanding."
Sep 26, 2016 9:16 pm
"To be honest, I don't want to find out more about what's going on. I want to stop other people disappearing and find our friends. I'm not going back there in prepared."
Sep 26, 2016 9:30 pm
Angel shakes his head with a mirthless laugh. "Of course." He leans back, inhaling deeply. "Well, if I'm in, I'm in. And, no matter if it's 'fate' or not, Jon, it appears that we really have no choice. I mean..." he trails off, shaking his head. "I keep expecting one of those flying demons to swoop down on me when I'm out after dark."

He pulls out a notebook and his favorite pen. The pen is considerably more scratched than it was the last time everyone saw it and the notebook is ratty and has words written all over almost every page. "The only way I've found to channel all the darkness is through my writing. I've got so many notes... and I'm almost too afraid to organize them into something more coherent."

Looking up at the others, he asks, "So, what do you think our next step is?"
Sep 26, 2016 9:37 pm
Mathis writes. "Research. These things have to come from somewhere, and we can't be the first in the history of man to see them. We must find a way to learn about them and who or what they are. "
Sep 26, 2016 9:49 pm
Knifesedgegames sent a note to Scotash
Sep 27, 2016 5:31 am
"I think at this stage I'm pulling out" mutters Harry, " I don't know what we saw but I need to focus on my studies"
Sep 27, 2016 5:32 am
"I might know of someone who can help. William Loftus. I have a few classes with him and he has an interest in the occult. I'll see if I can track him down."
Sep 27, 2016 5:37 am
Some of you may know of Father Bill as he's known, a seminary school dropout. There was a rumour going around a couple of years ago that he murdered his sister in Boston.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.