Scene 2: The Caves

load previous
Aug 22, 2024 8:51 am
quilltid says:
OOC:
Are you asking your GM or the group about the shortest path? :D
OOC:
The GM! Which direction would appear to Garrick to offer the shortest path from his vantage point. :P
Last edited August 22, 2024 8:51 am
Aug 22, 2024 7:34 pm
Dhakhan says:
OOC:
The GM! Which direction would appear to Garrick to offer the shortest path from his vantage point. :P
OOC:
Good question! Please, have Hindle do either a Perception or a Nature check. Roll with advantage due to Miet's scouting.
Aug 22, 2024 7:54 pm
As Leana rests a bit after the exertion, Brickowsky finishes counting out the gold pieces for each person and hands Merton and Hindle their shares. Hindle stops to focus on their surroundings, but keeping clear of the weird plants on this side of the shore. Brickowsky and Merton walk forward to get closer to the tree and see what it's deal is, but staying out of the brown spots around the tree.

Brickowsky and/or Merton, please roll a Nature or Investigation check with advantage since you are both working on it.
Aug 23, 2024 10:51 am
OOC:
roll

Rolls

Investigation - (2d20h1+8)

(1218) + 8 = 26

Aug 23, 2024 7:33 pm
Merton takes a close look at everything around to determine if he can find anything

Rolls

Investigation (Expertise) - (2d20H1+4)

(914) + 4 = 18

Psi-dice - (1d8)

(7) = 7

Aug 24, 2024 8:08 pm
OOC:
Leana waits for her companions' reactions
Aug 25, 2024 1:08 am
The birds that have been darting in and out of the tree's branches scatter as its limbs start to move. One of the branches moves to reveal a wooden face that yawns and then speaks.

"Hrrm, hrrm, what's all this? Who disturbs my slumber?"

The group is surprised at the voice and face, but Brickowsky and Merton are undeterred in their investigation of the tree. Merton is able to determine that the brown spots are results of the tree moving and Brickowsky is able to conclude this as well as the fact that there is an especially large boulder the talking tree is leaning against that is the same rock as the tower.
Aug 26, 2024 7:59 pm
We are here looking for a...ummm...kitty. Any chance a feline fellow came by here?...oh yeah or a dragon. You see a dragon lately?
Aug 27, 2024 3:02 am
Hindle is jerked out of his study of the scenery by the strange basso rumble. "Who the wha...?!?". As Merton begins conversing with the talking tree, Hingle begins quitely but insistently chiding Miet on why she wasn't able to see the talking and moving tree person.

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+5)

(20) + 5 = 25

Aug 27, 2024 3:35 am
As Hindle chides Miet, he notices out of the corner of his eye that to the left of the tree, in the shadows and behind a large amount of stalactites and stalagmites, are vines that go up and out the opening. From what Miet described, these vines may very well be the ones that were growing on the side of the tower. If they could climb the vines, and they reach the window she mentioned, they may be able to bypass whatever is behind the tree.
Aug 27, 2024 3:44 am
One of the taller branches shakes a little and some berries fall onto the ground. The birds that have been messing around the tree's branches swoop down and focus on eating the berries.

"Hrrm, hrrm, that is much better. A kitty you say? And a dragon? What strange creatures you expect to dwell down here. Hrrm, hrrm. I remember small wingless dragons travelled through here once in a while. Of late, a green one would be accompanied by a large black feline creature. Most recently, the dragon and a bearded fellow taller than you came through here."
Aug 27, 2024 11:22 am
Greenscale! Jackpot! - Brickowsky thinks by himself.

"Your barkness - have they taken the way in to the tower? " he acquires politely.

"And if you don't mind me asking: what lies behind this boulder? " the dwarven wizard wants to know as well.
Aug 27, 2024 5:13 pm
Taller than me doesn't really limit the options but thank you for telling us.
Aug 27, 2024 8:45 pm
https://i.imgur.com/fhzgXUy.jpeg

"Hrrm, hrrm, respectful. All right. I usually only accept the little dragons coming by, but you seem like little trouble. And Blue seems to like you."

The blue bird being referred to seems to like Leana well enough, despite her recent crocodile form.

Around the corner, a large branch moves out of the way and door with a large lock is revealed.
Aug 27, 2024 9:01 pm
"Hrrm, hrrm. The green dragon and companion came through here last, but a while ago. Not sure where it goes."
Aug 28, 2024 7:04 am
Bowing his head as a sign of thankfulness, Brickowsky steps forward and tries the keys they had found. "Much oblieged." he adds while hoping for the best.
Aug 28, 2024 3:24 pm
OOC:
@soises Which key would you like to try first: the aged one from the Inn or the gold one from the lake?
Aug 28, 2024 3:33 pm
As Hindle ponders whether they should go through the door or take the vines up to the tower, he feels his patron's alien mind in the background. It brings visions of a long scaly tail and sharp teeth, and he feels an impression of dread, whether that is from the vision or his patron's strange fascination with the monster, it is unclear. The once still lake starts to move and waves start to lap the shore they landed on.
Aug 28, 2024 4:02 pm
OOC:
I look at the lock. Which key seems to be fit better.

Of none looks better than the other, Brickowsky tries the one from the inn first.
Aug 29, 2024 2:34 am
valdattaMadun says:
Taller than me doesn't really limit the options but thank you for telling us.
OOC:
BHAHAHA!
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.