Chapter 1: Introduction

load previous
Dec 16, 2016 8:24 pm
At the barman' mention of 'remember the key' Tarrandar looks quite puzzled for a moment before thanking him for the food and firing a questioning glance to Chailin Does he think we know where the celar key is located? he thinks to himself.
Last edited December 16, 2016 8:24 pm
Dec 19, 2016 6:50 am
"Apparently, magic runs rampant in this place. The key is a certain thought, with the thought you can open the 'portal' to the basement. Sounds fun. I will fill you in on the specific thought when we are in a more private area." Chailin offers in response to Tarandar's quizzical expression.
Dec 28, 2016 6:48 pm
Now properly full without having had to pay a coin (just the way I like it) I focus on the task at hand. "My thought... is that this is all very boring. Should we go find out what's making things disappear? That sounds a lot more interesting than what's going on in here, I tell ya."
Last edited December 28, 2016 6:48 pm
Jan 5, 2017 5:03 pm
"Agreed" says Tarandar "Shall we move to where the entrance is then you can fill us in on the 'key'?" he says to Chailin
Jan 10, 2017 7:20 pm
"No need, I got this. I overhear things, ya know. I've got good ears. It's just one of my many fabulous traits." I head over to the door, and think of the most disgusting raw vegetables adorned with no meat or rich sauces. Sitting on the plate. Just horrible.
Jan 12, 2017 2:32 pm
Xana heads towards the stone steps, only this time something seems to fizzle and sparkle in front of the wall. The magical glow grows stronger and soon forms a portal. On the other side, the gnome sees a place that resembles a cellar, barrels and crates lining wooden shelves in a dark room made of stone.
Jan 12, 2017 2:43 pm
Tarandar jerks back, visibly surprised "How did you.....never mind, you can explain later. Do we just walk through?"
Jan 15, 2017 4:53 pm
"Only one way to find out." I stride towards the cellar.
Jan 16, 2017 2:20 pm
Biting off a curse word Tarandar hurries to follow Xana
Jan 16, 2017 4:14 pm
Chailin follows behind the two and a second later, the portal fizzles out.

Tarandar can't see much in the new area, but the air is thick with moisture and the smell of cured meat. His other two companions, thanks to their darkvision, see that the place is made of stone, hewn in large slabs and flagstones. Both walls have wooden shelves, upon which barrels rest. There's also shelves with sacks of flour, cheese and other food items. Several sausages and smoked meats hang from hooks coming out of the ceiling.
Jan 17, 2017 10:20 am
In the darkness Tarrandar sings a few lines of a tune,

"Light a candle, light the dark
Light the world, light a heart or two
Light a candle for me
I'll light a candle for you"

Suddenly light springs up coming from Tarandar's knife hilt as he starts to look around the room.
OOC:
Casting Light cantrip, there any obvious exits? Making an investigation check to have a look around

Rolls

Investigation check - (1d20+3)

(5) + 3 = 8

Jan 17, 2017 3:30 pm
As Tarander looks around, I walk the opposite way and see what other tasty treats are around, and/or if there are any obvious places that the vermin or thief could be hiding.

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+2)

(15) + 2 = 17

Jan 20, 2017 11:27 am
Tarandar takes a look around, but can't really find any obvious exits. The only thing that looks like something is a stone arch jutting out of the wall, right behind the spot where the portal that brought everyone here was. This fires up his imagination as he starts to feel the wall around, looking for something that might trigger any secret doors, but nothing happens.

Xana takes a stroll around the cellar, her height saving her from the dangers of slamming head-first into various charcuterie items hanging from the meat hooks. Barrels aside, the shelves are stocked with jars of pickled food, cheese heads, sugar, flour and various exotic items she doesn't recognize but look delicious. When she checks under the wood constructions however, she spots something that looks like breadcrumbs. Sticking her arm under the shelves, she grabs a handful and pulls them out to discover it's actually cheese scraps and some small bites of salami. Vermin tend to eat what they find where they find it and there's no space down there for any food to be stored. Either somebody wasn't careful when sweeping this place or someone hastily hid the remains underneath.
Jan 20, 2017 3:26 pm
"Hmmmmmmmm." Closing my eyes, I listen really hard to see if I hear anyone else in the room who shouldn't be here.

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+2)

(19) + 2 = 21

Jan 23, 2017 8:21 am
Xana closes her eyes and calms her breathing to the point where her heart rate drops a bit. Completely focused, she thinks she can hear an odd sound from somewhere behind some barrels. Something between a liquid dripping and slight electric jolts. Looking closer between the barrels as she tries to locate the origin of the sound, she notices something's amiss. There's a hint of smoke coming from somewhere, or maybe mist. She comes closer to smell if there's anything burning, then something hairy jumps at her face!

Tarandar and Chailin hear her squeak and turn around to see Xana fall on her back. A large rat the size of a dog jumps off her chest to the stone floor, then two more jump out from between the barrels.
Jan 24, 2017 8:38 pm
Tarandar moves forwards quickly and helps to pull Xana back from the rats and help her up.
Jan 24, 2017 8:44 pm
Momentarily taken by surprise, I recover my composure quickly (laughing in delight) and with a bit of fleece I recreate the sound of a cat on the prowl.
OOC:
Minor illusion- cat rowr!
Jan 25, 2017 7:43 am
The rats look left and right for a split second, then start hissing in the air. Somehow you feel like they're hissing at each other, maybe a bit at you as well. Seconds later, a metallic clanging noise mixed with a grunt is heard. Checking to locate its point of origin, you see a heap of flesh and armor stuck between the barrels, where the rats jumped out of.
OOC:
That would be your character, metagamegate. It'll take an athletics check to get out on your own, if others help you it's an automatic success. Once he's out, feel free to provide a description of what he looks like.
Jan 25, 2017 10:58 am
A shield is pushed out first with some world's religious like symbol relief on the face. Then a charming looking man with crimson horns emerges looking annoyed at first at the awkward position he is in. He is wearing a coat of chain that makes quite a clatter. Once on his feet he sweeps back his hair dramatically to get a look at everyone. As he picks up his shield he says "What a strange day." Then he tries to look past you trying to detect if there is anyone else in the room or outside it.
Last edited January 25, 2017 11:33 am

Rolls

Athletics to climb out. + - (1D20+4)

(8) + 4 = 12

Jan 25, 2017 1:08 pm
"So... you're the thief?" There's a hint of disappointment in my voice. That's not much of a mystery at all!
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.