Chapter 1: Introduction

load previous
Jan 25, 2017 2:18 pm
Tarandar moves back slightly to give the figure some room....this is also not a coincidence that it moves him slightly away from the rats. Looking at the individuals strange appearance several questions start to go through his mind but he dismisses most of them, 'strange' is rapidly becoming 'normal' it seems.

"Erm, well met stranger" Tarandar says for want of anything better to say
Jan 25, 2017 4:59 pm
Everyone please roll Perception. I'll roll for Chailin

Rolls

Chailin's Perception check - (1d20+3)

(16) + 3 = 19

Jan 25, 2017 5:03 pm
OOC:
perception

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+1)

(13) + 1 = 14

Jan 25, 2017 6:24 pm
OOC:
Perception

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+2)

(10) + 2 = 12

Jan 27, 2017 2:09 am
Obviously offended,"Im no theif. I assume you are also in pursuit?"
OOC:
scratch the +4 on the perception. Just 12
Last edited January 27, 2017 2:10 am

Rolls

Perception - (1D20+4)

(12) + 4 = 16

Jan 27, 2017 9:08 am
You notice the rats scurry back between the barrels where they came from.

DarK_RaideR sent a note to metagamegate
Jan 27, 2017 6:38 pm
metagamegate sent a note to DarK_RaideR
The Tiefling starts looking around this room for any signs of his quarry. He is distracted a bit, wanting to continue on past this room, but also wants to know more about these strangers. "You are from around here? What is your interest in this criminal? I seek justice for a wrong doing from my lands. Perhaps we can help each other?"

Tiefling's ebony skin and bleach white hair could confuse him with a drow, accept he has obvious small goat horns, a tail that whips about and uselessly small bat like wings. Most folks gut instinct is that he is untrustworthy. But, his voice is inviting and smooth and his assumed righteous religious symbols make people forget about his odd features.
Jan 27, 2017 6:40 pm
"You know, if I were a thief I'd also probably say I wasn't..." I give him a wink. "Nope. Not from here, and have no idea how we ended up on whatever plane of existence this is. But we're here to catch a thief, that's all I have to go on so far." I shrug.
Last edited January 27, 2017 6:42 pm
Feb 2, 2017 2:33 am
"When did you get in here anyway? We didn't see you when we came in...are you of a magical persuasion? I know a few tricks, you see." I continue walking around him and talking in an effort to determine just how trustworthy he is.

Rolls

Insight - (1d20+2)

(13) + 2 = 15

Feb 2, 2017 8:13 am
DarK_RaideR sent a note to Moofsalot
Feb 2, 2017 7:55 pm
The Tiefling brings his full attention to Xana when she starts on about 'planes of existence' and cocks his head slightly trying to figure out if they have lost their minds, trying to play a joke, or why else they would speak such nonsense. Now caught off his guard he just spins about trying to face Xana.

"I suppose I got here by the gate. It seems like it must have brought me halfway across the Realms to find such strange beings such as yourselves. I have no magical skills as such. What ever blessings are granted by the Fair One, using my body as a channel for her righteous justice, is all I am capable of."

"Ummm, so where exactly are we then?"
Feb 2, 2017 8:02 pm
"Right now, we're in a storage room. It's a bit of a long story so I'll let Tarandar tell that tale. For now, we owe a fellow a favor and are fervently fishing about for a thief."
Feb 2, 2017 8:52 pm
Tarandar looks at the new figure, trying to get a feel for him before shrugging "Well I will tell you how I got here, and the others, but you may need to take a bit on faith...." Tarrandar proceeds to explain to the Teifling the nature of their appearence here, the fact that they had all been going about their normal duties and then just seemed to awaken here and the details that Bokorumon had imparted to them "As none of us remember dying, or being in any peril before we were transported here, our assumption is that we have not perished but were brought here for some reason"
Feb 4, 2017 5:13 pm
"You were abducted? How horrible. Well that just won't stand. How can I help?"
Feb 9, 2017 6:01 pm
Tarandar looks thoughtful for a moment "I'm not entirely sure that we were kidnapped....it does seem the most likely probability given lack of any other rational explanation" he glances round for a second "Even if that is the case unless you have the means of opening up some sort of portal or gate to return us to our respective homes I'm not sure there is anything you can do to assist us at the moment....well,other than help us track down the person or persons who are pilfering from this store room" he quickly explains the arrangement they have come to with the inn keep to pay for some lodgings.
Feb 10, 2017 7:56 am
As Tarandar mentions opening a portal to your home worlds, otherwise helping you catch whoever's been stealing from the cellar, it occurs to you that the portal Wickari and the rats popped out from is somewhat out of place compared to the one that brought you here from the inn. You think of the portals like doors for a moment;why would a door be placed on a wall behind some barrels?
DarK_RaideR sent a note to Moofsalot

Rolls

Chailin's Insight check - (1d20+1)

(18) + 1 = 19

Xana's Insight check - (1d20+2)

(13) + 2 = 15

Tarandar's Insight check - (1d20+3)

(9) + 3 = 12

Wickari's Insight check - (1d20+0)

(4) = 4

Feb 10, 2017 8:55 am
Tarandar looks at the wall for a moment "I wonder...." he mutters to himself before moving to get a better look at the wall.

Rolls

Investigate check (looking for any hidden doors or similar) - (1d20+3)

(18) + 3 = 21

Feb 10, 2017 9:33 pm
Wickari raises his arms at the elbow like a scarecrow wondering why he is being inspected once again, but then realizes that Tarandar is examining the wall behind him. He moves out of the way and glances at the others to get a clue on why Tarandar is looking at a wall.
Feb 11, 2017 3:39 am
"See anything over there, Tar?"
Feb 13, 2017 7:54 am
Tarandar sees the three massive rats, big as a housecat each, gathered together and squeaking amongst themselves. All of a sudden, they stop and turn to face him with a hiss, then jump!
OOC:
During the surprise round, one rat attacks Tarandar and the other two jump out on the floor. Tarandar must roll an Acrobatics check (DC 12) or be knocked prone. Surprise round is over, everyone please roll for initiative.

Rolls

Rat attack on Tarandar - (1d20+4)

(8) + 4 = 12

Rat attack on Tarandar (Advantage, due to pack tactics) - (1d20+4)

(4) + 4 = 8

Rat Damage on Tarandar - (1d4+2)

(2) + 2 = 4

Rat Initiative - (1d20+2)

(11) + 2 = 13

load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.