Part 4: Wave Echo Cave

load previous
Jan 10, 2017 3:03 am
Kama heads up the stairs to the east, finding that the passage south has collapsed, but there is a door to the east and a passage leading to another northerly staircase.

Map
OOC:
Another thing to note, if you didn't catch it, is that the northeastern part of the pool, where the water is coming in, is traversable and can also be used as a passage.
Jan 10, 2017 4:14 pm
Kama listens at the door for sound of anything moving beyond.

Rolls

Perception - (1d20)

(14) = 14

Jan 10, 2017 4:30 pm
Beyond the door, Kama can hear quiet talking in the goblin tongue. It sounds like there are several voices speaking inside.
Jan 10, 2017 4:39 pm
Kama steps away from the door. "Anyone understand what they're saying?" he whispers, indicating the room beyond.
Jan 11, 2017 3:33 am
I lean towards the door.

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+5)

(14) + 5 = 19

Jan 11, 2017 3:34 am
OOC:
It appears that none of you know goblin, so you're out of luck
Jan 11, 2017 3:36 am
I shrug. "Sounds like gibberish to me."
Jan 11, 2017 5:31 am
Gimblyn leans in to listen as well, "Mhm.... mhm... yep." He turns back to the group with a ponderous look. "It sounds like the conversation is about me. They must have heard of my expert craftsmanship. I'm so flattered, I swear..." The forest gnome stepped away from the door.
Jan 11, 2017 6:54 am
"So that means they at least know we're here," reasons Kama. "I suppose it was going to be a matter of time. Are they planning to attack us, or are they still trying to figure out what to do?" He looks to Gimblyn, expectantly.
Jan 11, 2017 7:35 am
"We got time, friend..." Tumtwig paces back and forth, his big eyes thinking. "I think we can still surprise them..." He stops to listen beyond the door, nodding his head. "They are too caught up in their planning. I say we bust in now, while we still have the advantage." the forest gnome points at his larger companion then clenches his fist with great ferocity.
Last edited January 11, 2017 7:36 am
Jan 11, 2017 3:49 pm
Kama tries to listen again at the door, figuring out how many voices he can hear and give him a rough estimate of the numbers they'll face. Then he looks to Stormsong and Xora. "What do you all think?"

Rolls

Investigation - (1d20-1)

(3) - 1 = 2

Jan 11, 2017 5:44 pm
"Planning, eh? That doesn't sound like the undead. These are thieves and it's our job to rout them out," says Stormstrong, gripping his sword tighter.

"I agree that we bust in and take them by surprise. If they're big, I'll throw a little magic at them."

"By the way, who wants the extra wand?"

He quietly slips one of the platinum rings to Gimblyn, "Don't worry, friend. Our group shares everything."
Jan 11, 2017 5:49 pm
"You all go in first. Watch your heads- I'll fire from this doorway. Do we need to question them?"
Jan 11, 2017 5:51 pm
Kama nods. "That's a good idea. Gimblyn can ask the questions if they don't speak Common." He tests the door to see if it is unlocked.
Jan 11, 2017 7:52 pm
Kama can't tell how many voices he hears, but it sounds like less than a dozen and more than one. The door is not locked.
Jan 11, 2017 8:05 pm
Kama takes a deep breath, holding the hilt of Talon to his forehead. He mutters a prayer to Tymora, complimenting the bravery of his companions as they prepare to charge into the unknown. The half-orc then opens the door and steps into the room, ready to battle.
OOC:
Casting Bless upon Gimblyn, Stormsong, and Xora. Gain an additional 1d4 to use on any attack roll or saving throw for 1 minute, or until I lose concentration
Jan 11, 2017 8:27 pm
If there is a surprise round, Stormsong casts faerie fire into the midst of the enemy, and as a bonus action, inspires Kama.
OOC:
Bardic Insp: 1d8 one time, may declare use after roll but before success is known, for an attack, damage, ability, save, or as a reaction to buff AC. 10 minute duration.
Faerie fire: all in a 20' cube, DEX save DC 13, on fail, each glow green in 10' radius, giving advantage. 1 minute, concentration
Last edited January 11, 2017 8:27 pm
Jan 11, 2017 8:34 pm
OOC:
Which was the inspiration you gave Kama after our long rest (1d6 for 1 hour)? Is that still in effect or does it stack with this 1d8 for 10 minutes?
Jan 11, 2017 9:01 pm
CancerMan says:
OOC:
Which was the inspiration you gave Kama after our long rest (1d6 for 1 hour)? Is that still in effect or does it stack with this 1d8 for 10 minutes?
OOC:
I'm getting my swords crossed. I have an upper level bard I play on R20 -- they don't get the d8 until 5th level. So it's a d6 for 10 min. Don't know where I might have gotten a hour from!
Jan 11, 2017 9:03 pm
OOC:
Okay, thanks for clearing it up for me!
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.