Part 4: Wave Echo Cave

load previous
Feb 17, 2017 5:24 am
"Would you mind if I borrowed your boots? I believe we saw a crevice in the next chamber," asks Stormsong, hopefully.

"I didn't want to use them without permission, but now that you're here..."

To Kama, "Let's go to work!"
Feb 17, 2017 7:19 pm
"That's fine, if ye think they'd help," Nundro says, handing over the boots.
Feb 20, 2017 7:27 pm
"Should we sweep the rest of the rooms to be safe?"
Feb 20, 2017 8:52 pm
Kama nods. "If there were ghouls, there might be other things. And we can't be sure those bugbears didn't decide to hang around anyway."
Feb 21, 2017 12:25 pm
Stormsong, with a little spring in his step, hands Nundro the key to the room and offers his thanks. "We'll have this mine cleared for you in no time. You just rest and think on how you'll get it operational again!"

He heads out and turns left, heading down the stairs to the cavern room. He'll listen for signs of the bugbears that were working there earlier before emerging.
Last edited February 21, 2017 12:26 pm

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+1)

(2) + 1 = 3

Stealth - (1d20+3)

(20) + 3 = 23

Feb 21, 2017 2:44 pm
You move out to the left, where the bugbears were working before. Peering into the chasm at the east end of the room, you see that the stream flows down into the chasm and the out through a small hole in the north wall. It looks like the bugbears were clearing out rocks down below. A rope ladder hangs down to allow easy access to the bottom of the chasm.

On the other side of the chasm are two tunnels. The one furthest north looks like it was probably carved out by the stream a long time ago before the advent of the chasm diverted it. The southerly one looks like it was worked by dwarven hands during the time that the mine was operational.

Map
Feb 21, 2017 3:59 pm
Kama steps to the edge of the chasm to peer down the northern tunnel. He also checks if there are rope ladders on the opposite side to allow access up from the chasm floor.

Rolls

Perception - (1d20)

(11) = 11

Feb 21, 2017 5:50 pm
There are no rope ladders on the other side of the chasm, and the northern passage curves just a few feet in and you can't see any further down that way.
Feb 21, 2017 5:56 pm
Kama moves a bit to look down the southern tunnel.

He checks how deep the chasm is, and if it is climbable.
Feb 21, 2017 6:02 pm
The chasm is about 20 feet deep and the walls are rough stone and would be climbable.

The southern passage goes about 10 feet before it turns to the right.
Feb 21, 2017 6:08 pm
Kama huffs. "I hoped this could be a line of defense if we removed the rope," he says. "But we'll have to take our chances. Stormsong, can your magic shoes get you up the other side?"
Feb 21, 2017 11:50 pm
"I'm sure I can manage."
OOC:
3xnornal distance, so, with a 10 foot run, normally he can jump 6' high, 3+ strength mod. 18' would put 5' of his 7' frame above the lip. Am I interpreting ok? Assuming no damage from jumping that high, let's try them out...
"Let's see how they work!" Stormsong jumps into the chasm, near where the bugbears were working.

I wonder if they were digging a tunnel -- or covering one up!
Last edited February 21, 2017 11:51 pm
Feb 22, 2017 7:32 pm
Stormsong leaps the chasm, landing safely on the other side.
OOC:
Long jump is a number of feet equal to your strength score. You easily make it.
Feb 22, 2017 8:01 pm
Kama has just pulled out his coil when Stormsong sails across the chasm to the other side. "I hope he has some rope," he mutters.
Feb 22, 2017 8:05 pm
[ +- ] jump
Feb 22, 2017 8:11 pm
Cmbrian says:
[ +- ] jump
OOC:
Ahh, I may have misunderstood. You won't be able to see anything else by leaping upward, so I assumed horizontal. I assume it counts for both.
Feb 23, 2017 3:37 am
OOC:
I figured if he could jump up 18' and land safely, he could just drop down 20' off the cliff. He wants to see what the bugbears were hiding, or looking for.
Feb 23, 2017 4:50 am
OOC:
Oh yeah, you can jump down.
Before crossing to the other side, Stormsong drops into the pit, but finds nothing but a couple of pickaxes and some discarded scraps of food.
Feb 23, 2017 5:18 am
"Should we each check a different hallway? This could take a while otherwise..."
Feb 23, 2017 7:34 am
"Not when there's undead about," says Kama. "I'd not want to face them alone."
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.