Character Concepts & Campaign Info

load previous
Mar 26, 2015 2:21 am
Vad has a bad habit of performing cantrips from time to time as a way of 'releasing energy' without taking considerations of his surroundings. This has obviously gotten him into some trouble in the past. The power and energy behind his sorcery is not under his control and if he goes a prolonged amount of time without using it he starts to get edgy and uncomfortable.

EDIT: BullOctorok, check out the Wild Magic Surge (PHB: 103) for the fun you can have as a GM with a Wild Magic Sorcerer.
Last edited March 26, 2015 2:46 am
Mar 26, 2015 4:17 pm
Oh, I like that looks of that table...
Mar 26, 2015 4:44 pm
*Looks up table*
Holy. Shit.

This is bonkers. You could literally become so young you cease to exist. I think the feather beard is my favourite.
Last edited March 26, 2015 4:50 pm
Mar 26, 2015 9:24 pm
It is pretty awesome.
Mar 27, 2015 7:12 am
wild magic table is the best.
Mar 27, 2015 6:35 pm
Just in case it wasn't contextually obvious,

Green text is a prompt for the players to do something

Blue text is an out-of-story aside

Red text...I'm sure we'll find a use for it sooner or later
Mar 27, 2015 6:52 pm
Does it matter what players use for OOC text?
Mar 27, 2015 7:04 pm
No, as long as its clear. Brackets or "OOC:" are fine, blue would be nice for consistency, but whatever works for you
Apr 15, 2015 12:15 pm
Just a small mechanical query - what gives Cockroach/Tzipporah advantage on the Performance roll they just made?
Apr 15, 2015 12:18 pm
I have the Actor feat. Which says "You gain advantage on deception and performance checks to impersonate someone else, you can imitate the sounds or speech of another creature, and you gain +1 Cha"
if I am misunderstanding that just use the first roll.
Apr 15, 2015 12:32 pm
Ah cool. I think I (D&D novice) would read it as the advantage is on impersonating a human, not on imitating an animal (imitating an animal is just something you can also do), BUT you are technically impersonating a human imitating an animal so a charitable DM could give you advantage anyway *cough* ;)
Last edited April 15, 2015 12:32 pm
Apr 15, 2015 12:38 pm
It could be ruled/argued either way lol. But it's easier in this format just to roll it and the DM can decide how he wants to use it. Either way, I'm cool with it. :) But after all those pitiful rolls gonna use every advantage I got lol
Last edited April 15, 2015 12:38 pm
Apr 15, 2015 12:39 pm
As far as OOC stuff I think I will be using brackets from here on out. I post mostly from my phone and it doesn't always like the color changing pull down menu.
Apr 16, 2015 12:30 am
Guys I am so sorry I forgot to post this week. School's getting busy for the end of the semester next month. I'm gonna jump in at the next good point for it, so I'll be keeping an eye out for one.
May 7, 2015 4:08 am
I feel like I'm posting too much? Taking the story into my own hands too often? I'm really sorry if I'm not playing this out right. Remember, I'm still new to this :/ Should I be doing this differently?
Last edited May 7, 2015 4:09 am
May 7, 2015 11:44 am
You're doing fine. In the other games I'm involved in on here it seems everyone gets their chance somewhere along the line. Just don't get us killed and everything will be all right. :-)
May 7, 2015 11:55 am
I'm in the same boat - completely new to this. I got the impression that if the DM wanted to wait for input from others, he would indicate that somehow.
May 7, 2015 3:50 pm
Yeah, you're all fine. I generally try to allow time for everybody who wants to weigh in before moving the story forward, and it's inevitable that the more active players are going to drive things.
Jun 4, 2015 11:38 pm
Quick gameplay question:
The spell Guidance says
Quote:
You touch one willing creature. Once before the spell ends, the target can roll a d4 and add the number rolled to one ability check of its choice. It can roll the die before or after making the ability check
What does it mean by "ability check"? Is an "ability check" a persuasion, nature, religion, etc skill check?
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.