Character Concepts & Campaign Info

load previous
Jan 26, 2019 10:48 pm
Quote:
I'm thinking of going for an old-school gnome illusionist
We could probably use some convincing illusions right about now...

also, I'm excited that we again have the opportunity to learn more about Wormfellow!
Jan 27, 2019 3:19 am
Sounds good! Banwod does seem like a softer landing.

I think Annganne would be nearing middle age, so around 80? PHB says adulthood is 40 for gnomes.

And if she's a forest gnome, she can talk to literal badgers, like the gnomes of previous editions!
Jan 28, 2019 4:21 am
OK, I picked my spells and gnome type. I also thought a conspiracy theorist should be less wise, so I swapped 2 WIS for 1 INT. Here's Annganne Anne so far.

For spells in the spellbook, I went with the initial 3 cantrips (plus bonus illusionist cantrip), 6 first-level spells, then, she gets 2 spells for free for levels 2-7, so that was 12 more spells. Let me know if it should be otherwise.

What should I do for equipment? Starting money x 7? Also, let me know if I need to add/change anything else.

Here's my hp rolls for levels 2-7. (1st level is 6 hp, and it's +3 hp per level.)
Last edited January 28, 2019 4:22 am

Rolls

Hit points (CON 17, Illusionist 7) - (6d6)

(214143) = 15

Jan 28, 2019 9:09 am
Your link isn't working, it should be in this format:
https://gamersplane.com/characters/dnd5/276/
and you need to go to the Characters page and click the book icon ("Add to library") to make it publicly visible.
Jan 28, 2019 1:02 pm
Still waiting for somebody to spot the same Easter egg Ezeriah caught...

Not fair! Give us a hint.
Jan 28, 2019 1:14 pm
notinventedhere says:
Your link isn't working, it should be in this format:
https://gamersplane.com/characters/dnd5/276/
and you need to go to the Characters page and click the book icon ("Add to library") to make it publicly visible.
I don't seem to have the book icon. I don't see it in the source for the Character view or edit pages, either. Is there something else that has to happen before that's unlocked?
Jan 28, 2019 1:22 pm
Oh, wait, the book icon was available, but only at the page I originally linked! Here it is now.

While I'm asking about features of this web app, what does subscribing do? I subscribed to the Bload forum as well as a few threads in it, but I neither get notifications nor see shortcuts to them on the front page.
Jan 28, 2019 1:57 pm
I think it just means you get an email for every new post in the thread.
Jan 28, 2019 4:08 pm
Email notifications have been a little inconsistent lately FYI
Jan 28, 2019 10:29 pm
Hm. Now that Zangua's lost his glaive, maybe a longsword+shield combo is in order from the party loot.
Jan 29, 2019 2:59 am
All right GET EQUIPPED:

Here is what I assume is my budget (let me know if I'm wrong — going with (4d4 x 10) x 7) :
Last edited January 29, 2019 2:59 am

Rolls

Equipment budget - (28d4)

(3314443223213143212321113414) = 68

Jan 29, 2019 3:38 am
All right. Added languages and equipment! Let me know if anything else needs to be worked out!
Jan 29, 2019 6:25 pm
August 2017 - January 2019; we took a long time to mess all that stuff up, gang.
Jan 29, 2019 6:27 pm
Chapter 6 is completed and locked! Everybody advance your characters to level 7!

Annganne looks great! Any notes on physical appearance, dress, habits, anything else I should know before I drop her in to the story? Not to spoil too much, but she'll have picked up on some of the rumors about the party's return to Hazard and will be trying to track them down, as she imagines them to be the premier experts on the Six-Pronged Crown and they are surely in desperate need of her insights, and vice versa maybe.

The party is currently on horseback -- how does Annganne prefer to get around on the surface Werld?
Jan 29, 2019 8:29 pm
nubs says:
August 2017 - January 2019; we took a long time to mess all that stuff up, gang.
lol, Christ, I was saying somewhere recently that we'd averaged 6 months between levelling but this one was a fair bit more than that!
Can I just say that level 7 is a boring af level for Clerics. I get one level 4 slot extra. That's it.
Jan 29, 2019 8:34 pm
That level 4 slot is gold! Lots of utility there, and I love Banishment.

I'm going to take a chance and roll Zangua's HP here.

Rolls

7th-level HP + CON - (1d10+3)

(3) + 3 = 6

Jan 29, 2019 8:38 pm
Hm. Now that Zangua's lost his glaive, maybe a longsword+shield combo is in order from the party loot.

Someone might as well use 'em. Go for it! Annganne might want to snag those rings of spell storing once she comes on board.

Mordred picks up the nice feat Evasion (on a DEX save to avoid damage, save for no damage, half damage on fail), his Sneak Attack damage is up to 4d6, and he picks up a 2nd level spell. Going with Shadow Blade because Mordred is completely emo. Also swapped out Color Spray for Disguise Self.
Jan 29, 2019 8:46 pm
If no one minds, I'll take the sword and shield.
Jan 29, 2019 8:47 pm
Who remembers where those items were acquired?
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.