Character Concepts & Campaign Info

load previous
Feb 5, 2019 2:02 pm
And not a lot for a bard either, outside of a new spell level & slot. But I did catch that I had somehow gotten to know more spells than I should, so that's been corrected.

Edit - hey, a decent roll. Anyways, I'm ready to roll.
Last edited February 5, 2019 2:04 pm

Rolls

Hit points - (1d8)

(7) = 7

Feb 5, 2019 5:48 pm
Chapter seven is open!
Feb 7, 2019 6:42 am
deathmtn says:
Casts Minor Illusion to put an image of the Six-Pronged Crown in her hands, then pulls it apart.

Remaining spell slots: (3)/4/3/3/1
This piqued my curiosity so I took a look at your character sheet.

Cantrips do not use up spell slots. You can cast them as many times as you wish. The Wizard table tells you how many cantrips you know, which is 4 at level 7. It's not saying that you have 4 spell slots to cast cantrips.

As a forest gnome, you know the Minor Illusion cantrip already, and this is in addition to the 4 you get as a wizard. You would have 5 cantrips. Also, as an illusionist you get the Minor Illusion cantrip as a bonus, but it explicitly states that if you already know it, you get a different cantrip. This means you now have 6 cantrips total.

Did you pick a background for your character? You can choose from the options beginning on page 125 of the PHB. You would get two free skills and any additional proficiencies or languages provided by that background.
Feb 7, 2019 1:15 pm
Sage seems to fit perfectly with how you are playing Annganne (who I absolutely love so far).
Feb 8, 2019 12:10 am
Ohh, interesting! Thanks CancerMan and rocksteady! The infinite cantrips thing is rather generous of 5E!
Feb 8, 2019 4:01 pm
The infinite cantrips is a nice way to step around the restricted playstyle of casters in earlyiereditions; instead of agonizing over using precious spells that are one and done or feeling left out in combat, now casters can fling cantrips as a way of contributing even if they've dropped all their big spells for the day.

5e works pretty hard to make sure all characters have someway to be involved in their own way at all times.
Feb 15, 2019 9:47 pm
What do you guys think about using Google Sheets combat maps, like this?

Example

This would be more for providing reference visuals and establishing placement, not so much for detailed movement tracking. We would continue to run combat the same way we always do.
Feb 15, 2019 9:58 pm
I am not opposed, especially when we're dealing with multiple opponents and area-effects. I've done it myself for some games.
Feb 16, 2019 1:12 am
That's a sweet hack!
Feb 16, 2019 12:10 pm
I haven't any particular objection to how we've done it so far but if it makes the DM's job easier (and I can see it would if there's more than a couple of enemies to run) I'm happy to go with the tactical map.
Feb 16, 2019 8:04 pm
I think it would be great! With my area-effect spells, I'm always cautious about casting because it's not always clear to me if I can drop something without hitting other party members.
Feb 19, 2019 2:55 pm
Yeah, I'm good with it as a general guide, especially if we aren't opposed to a little retconning to account for the asynchronous nature of the forum, as we have been doing from time to time.

Speaking of area of effect spells, they have started something called the Academy of Educators at the college where I work, and every time they abbreviate it AoE, all I can think of is these professors dropping Fireball and Entangle on each other.
Feb 19, 2019 6:35 pm
The idea would definitely be to make things easier to follow, not to add layers of complexity to combat.
Mar 8, 2019 5:48 pm
FYI, I'm getting Lasik'd soon, so I won't be playing much for the next couple days.
Mar 8, 2019 5:50 pm
It might be story canon that Annganne has a chunk of illusion stuck to her eyes until you recover.
Sep 22, 2019 11:47 pm
Hey all, I want to apologize for being so inactive of late.

Since my move to Florida last year my work schedule and habits have completely changed from what it was when I joined this campaign several years ago (ya'll... it's been four and a half years since the execution of Edvers Kells O.O). I've been popping back on when I remember to, but in all honesty this campaign has kind of fallen to the back burner in my mind. That's not fair to you, BullOctorok, or the rest of the players that are diligently posting every day. Every time I log back in I tell myself I'm going to stay more active, but I inevitably forget or unintentionally put it off much longer than I mean to, and then am daunted by the amount of posts I've missed since last logging in. I would like to say that I'll do better this time, but my track record of meeting that intention isn't the best. I've already pulled out of the other games I was involved in with the hope that I could keep up with at least this one, but so far that hasn't proven true.

If my frequent absence is holding back the narrative flow or slowing the progression of the campaign, I will be more than happy to resign my position in the group and open it up to someone who will be more active. I've had fun being a part of this story and playing with all of your characters, and would like to see it's conclusion, but I recognize that I have been irresponsible in pulling my weight, and I don't want to be a hindrance, and I don't want to leave you all guessing about whether or not I'm still around. I can try to log on and post when I can, but I realize that's not a very solid commitment, and if you would rather me back out, I would completely understand and harbor no hard feelings.
Last edited September 22, 2019 11:48 pm
Sep 23, 2019 10:28 pm
I would be happy to either:

a) Drag Leth along on autopilot and you can join in when/if desired, or

b) Station Leth in Hazard or Sthombo or someplace where he could do some investigative work separate from the rest of the party when/if you feel like participating, or

c) Allow Leth to die in spectacular fashion

No need to decide within any particular timeframe!
Sep 24, 2019 11:04 pm
(four and a half years!)

Sorry you're not able to post as often but I totally get the issues with work/schedule changes.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.