Chapter One: The Iron Sphere of Sthombo

load previous
Mar 31, 2015 6:11 pm
Carillion stands fast and braces himself. His hand slips into his robe to touch the book he keeps close to his person, just to reassure himself it's still there.

"That's the spirit! Go get them! I hit one of them!"
Mar 31, 2015 6:38 pm
I assume it's our round again, and the final guy lost his turn due to being knocked over?

The second assailant crumpled to the ground, blood spewing from his neck Felow turns his attention to the remaining, unseen foe in the bushes. He mutters a cantrip under his breath, and begins to speak with an unnaturally deep, thundering voice:
"YOU THERE, IN THE THICKETS! YOUR PLAN HAS FAILED AND YOUR ARE SURROUNDED! IN THE NAME OF THE MOUNTAIN GOD, SURRENDER NOW AND WE WILL SPARE YOUR PITIFUL LIFE!"

Cast Thaumaturgy (captrip), with the effect: Your voice booms up to three times as loud as normal for 1 minute
I'm trying to intimidate the guy into surrendering, not sure if I need some kind of roll/skill check to go along with the spell?
Apr 1, 2015 6:36 pm
You get no reply from either the two assailants bleeding in the bushes or the one who was blasted out behind it.
Apr 1, 2015 7:24 pm
Cursing some more as his second bolt fails to find its target Vad stows his crossbow and runs up to where Felor is yelling at the injured ambushers. Hearing no response Vad shrugs his shoulders and raises his right hand, palm up, into the air. Producing a red glowing ball about two feet in diameter directly above his hand he turns to Felor and says, as loudly as possible, "I guess they've chosen death."

Prestidigitation cantrip to produce the glowing ball. Vad is also trying to intimidate and figures his obvious magic may come across as a little more threatening than a booming voice.
Apr 1, 2015 10:24 pm
Are all three ambushers visible now? What state do they appear to be in - dead, injured?
Apr 2, 2015 3:40 am
Leth lowered his bow, though an arrow was still set on the string should he need it. He said just loud enough that those around him - and hopefully not the three mystery figures in the bushes - could hear him: "Well... at least they're not attacking us anymore. Perhaps they're dead or otherwise incapacitated... We should check. See if we can keep one of them alive. I want to get to the bottom of this."
Last edited April 2, 2015 3:41 am
Apr 2, 2015 4:50 am
Carillion stands safely away from the bushes warily, holding his hammer in a menacing pose.

"One of you ought to check on the one in the bushes! I'll cover you!"
Apr 2, 2015 11:14 am
Tzipporah steps forward to the bush with last attacker still hiding in it. As she pushed aside the branches she puts on a honeyed and soothing voice, " My companions will slay you if you do not surrender. I don't want that, you don't want that. Whoever paid you do make this attack, it was not worth your life. Live to fight another day. I will ensure it."

Rolls

Persuasion Check - (1d20+7)

(11) + 7 = 18

Apr 2, 2015 4:23 pm
The two ambushers still in the bushes are dead: one from an Eldritch Blast and crossbow bolt to the gut, the other from an arrow through the neck. The third got thrown out behind the thicket by Carillion's Thunderwave. Through the branches, Tzipporah can see him lying prone a few yards back. You'll have to go through or around the thicket to reach him.
Apr 2, 2015 6:08 pm
Vad will walk over to the two dead ambushers and retrieve one of his crossbow bolts.
Apr 2, 2015 7:03 pm
Shield still held up and spear at the ready, Felor gingerly inches around the thicket. When the prone form of the third ambusher comes into view, he approaches slowly and holds the tip of his spear to the attacker's neck.
"You still alive?"

Not quite clear on the mechanics of NPC death, but if this guy is at the "alive but will die if not stabilised" state, I will use Spare The Dying (cantrip) to stabilise the guy. I then have rope that someone can use to tie him up (or I can do that if we're not limited to 1 action per turn now).
Last edited April 2, 2015 7:05 pm
Apr 2, 2015 7:56 pm
He's breathing shallowly and his eyes have rolled back into his head. Your inclination is to use Spare the Dying. You may tie him up at your leisure; it will take him a few minutes to regain consciousness.
Apr 2, 2015 9:55 pm
Felor slings his shield around onto his back, and then works quickly to stabilise the injured man, muttering a short invocation to the gods and placing some absorbent moss over a gash on his forehead to stop the bleeding. Taking a length of rope from his pack, he binds the man's hands and ankles securely, and steps away, happy to let a more eloquent and persuasive party member take over the questioning when the man awakes.

Minus 8 feet of rope.
Apr 2, 2015 11:09 pm
Carillion does a sort of strut toward the fallen enemies and grins with large white chompers. He appears very pleased with himself, forgetting for a moment the sad events of the day.

He will inspect one of the dead to see if they have anything on them he can use. Like a short sword perhaps or a crossbow. Maybe a scroll or two if he's lucky.
Apr 3, 2015 4:24 pm
They each carry a crossbow, about a dozen bolts, and a long dagger. There's a sack of hard biscuits and a large canteen of water in the bushes as well.
Apr 3, 2015 6:42 pm
Tzipporah kneals down next to the bound foe, brushing her hair back from her face. She looks him over trying to get a read on the man. "Who sent him and from where" she wondered to herself. Reaching out she gently caressed the man's cheek. And then she sharply strikes his across the face. "Wake assassin. You have answers to give."
Last edited April 3, 2015 6:42 pm
Apr 3, 2015 8:57 pm
He shudders and blinks, stares wide-eyed at you for a moment, then his eyes dull as he seems to fully gather exactly what situation he's now in. He glances around to see who else is there, taking in the size of your group and his own aloneness. He lets out a weary sigh.
Apr 3, 2015 9:36 pm
Vad walks over to Tzipporah and whispers to her so that the prisoner won't hear, "I wonder if he knows anything about where Zora may have run off to. If he's hurt her..."
Apr 4, 2015 2:00 am
Carillion will take a crossbow and set of bolts, then walk over to the survivor, ringing the bell on his hammer menacingly.

He will begin singing an old dwarven nursery rhyme, but in Infernal, making it sound like a horrifying demonic incantation

"একবার এতক্ষণ তিনি এটা স্তন্যপান পারে একটি শিশ্ন সঙ্গে থেকে এ..."

"Now tell us what you have planned unless you want to see what a hungry and leach ovoids chained horror from the seventh level of abyss looks like firsthand"

Rolls

Intimidation - (1d20+0)

(12) = 12

Apr 4, 2015 2:05 am
"Trust me, my bound friend, you are gonna wanna tell us everything you know. I can't protect you from the others unless you give them something." Tzipporah's voice was soothing and silky.

Rolls

Persuasion Check - (1d20+7)

(9) + 7 = 16

load next

Thread locked