Chapter Five: Bapdis Orjo's Gift of Reconciliation

load previous
Jan 17, 2017 5:43 pm
Vad's not here, but the sentiment will be conveyed.
Jan 17, 2017 5:43 pm
Zangua points to where Vad was last, a symbolic gesture to include the magician.
Jan 17, 2017 6:34 pm
Mordred hugs Zora tightly, and says simply "Until next time."
Jan 17, 2017 7:30 pm
"I only knew your mother, Zora," Domarc says, coughing a little on 'knew', "and I know you weren't close. But you have her keen mind and strength of character; remember that when things seem tough."
Jan 17, 2017 7:36 pm
"I'll be all right," Zora says. "Just make sure you come back safe, okay?"

When Gethro returns, the party informs him of their decision. He folds his hands and nods, soberly pleased. "Excellent. Let us unravel this mystery and let ignorance disadvantage us no longer. You'll find your transport to Utwar waiting for you at Gadsin's Launch on the west side of the city. When should I tell the boatman to expect you?"
Jan 17, 2017 7:40 pm
Vhezyen tries to recall what he knows about the gods of Utwar. He knows little of Dagon, only that he is said to be a monstrous god of the fathomless deep. Atargatis, his perhaps-unwilling consort, has the more popular and widespread cult, being a goddess of fertility and patroness of fisherman and seafarers.
Jan 17, 2017 7:41 pm
Quote:
Let us unravel this mystery and let ignorance disadvantage us no longer.
"Oh, I never do that," Domarc says, laughing.
OOC:
It's late afternoon/early evening I think; do we want to go in the morning? Last chance for shopping?
Jan 17, 2017 8:20 pm
If the boat's ready to leave tonight, we might as well take the red eye.
Jan 17, 2017 8:22 pm
Gethro says:
When should I tell the boatman to expect you?"
Vhezyen offered up a suggestion."I believe you could tell him to expect us by moonrise. It should allow for last minute preparations, if needed, and the sooner we leave, the better. We can, of course, sleep on the riverboat, if needed, or the ship, once at sea."

I know we were having an early supper at the Caryatid, and given that it's late summer/early fall, I'd like to think that 'by moonrise' would allow us any time needed for a last second purchase, etc, within reason.

When we do leave, Vhezyen will pay special attention to being followed, using his owl familiar's 120' darkvision to facilitate doing so.
Last edited January 17, 2017 8:23 pm
Jan 17, 2017 11:45 pm
Leth sighs as the party reaches it's decision.
"If we're headed off-island on an information hunt, let's at least make it as fast as possible. Who knows how quickly our mutual enemies will be able to get their hands on the sphere. If that happens... well..." He shrugs. "I don't think knowing *about* the sphere will be much help. Regardless, it's good to know that the city is now being proactive in going after the cult. That ought to keep them busy for a while, if not outright disable them. That, at least, is a comfort."
OOC:
Did we find out what the deal was with the symbol they put on Zora? Or at least get confirmation that they're looking into it?
Jan 18, 2017 12:03 am
Vhezyen could appreciate Leth's concerns, and attempted to address them. "There are many unknowns about the Sphere, to be certain, not to mention when, or if, the Crown will even succesfully find it. And remember, our trip to Vorch has the potential to offer us far more than just knowledge on the Sphere. Pafthinel is at least 200 years old. There is much to be learned from such wisdom, and there may be threads attached to the Crown's grand schemes that currently escape our vision, of which he may provide insight."
Jan 18, 2017 9:59 am
As the others discuss their plans with Gethro, Felor inspects the sigil on Zora's neck.

Rolls

Arcana check - (1d20+1)

(7) + 1 = 8

Jan 18, 2017 1:26 pm
Vhezyen noted Felor's efforts to examine the sigil on Zora. Felor's got the right of it, and it couldn't hurt to take a look. Rising from his chair, he approaches Zora, less concerned than he is curious, although he is glad to help her. "Perhaps I could take a look at your sigil, if you don't mind?" A nod to Felor. "With events stirring around us, attending to this escaped me. Maybe I can help."

An Arcane check on the sigil, along with a Detect Magic spell for insurance on discerning the sigil's nature. We're in a private hall, so I imagine Detect Magic would be fine to cast, being a low key spell.

Rolls

Arcane - (1d20+10)

(16) + 10 = 26

Jan 18, 2017 4:48 pm
Zangua inspects more ale, discerning the nature of the alcohol compared to the proper bread and cheese combination.
Jan 18, 2017 4:59 pm
Vhezyen's Detect Magic spell does not reveal any dweomers associated with the symbol of the Six-Pronged Crown scratched into the back of Zora's neck. "They had a healer look me over already," Zora says while Vhezyen scrutinizes it. "She thinks it's just a scrying mark, not anything they can use to, like, kill me from afar."

"We will, of course, make every effort to have the scar healed and neutralized before Zora leaves the city," Gethro says.

Once everybody is done with Zora and Gethro, you can do any more shopping you need to do, and then we can smash cut to the boat launch.
Jan 18, 2017 6:00 pm
Gethro says:
"We will, of course, make every effort to have the scar healed and neutralized before Zora leaves the city."
"Good to hear. I'd hoped as much, but wanted to make certain, Felor's efforts having reminded me that every precaution should be taken." He turned from Gethro to Zora, speaking with respect and sincerity. "Good fortune to you, Zora. I hope your part in all of this has come to an end, and that you find your peace, wherever, and whatever, that may be."

Boat launch sounds good.
Jan 18, 2017 6:09 pm
"Maybe you can get a tattoo on the back of your neck, cover up that mark," offers Zangua. "Could be that might mess up their magic eyes, too."
Jan 19, 2017 3:12 pm
Mordred would like to get an extra week or two of rations that he can stomach, as well as a fishing rod/reel set and assorted bait/hooks/line/accessories [I don't fish so I don't know what all one needs].

Is it possible to purchase flaming arrows anywhere? I mean, not arrows that are currently on fire, but arrows that you can set on fire when you are ready to shoot them. You know what I mean.
Last edited January 19, 2017 3:13 pm
Jan 19, 2017 3:26 pm
Hmmm. I'm packing 10 days of rations. Octo, based on Gethro's arrangements, can we assume that our journey will include meals? I'm not sure how loose to play it with encumbrance, but I picture what Vhezyen is carrying, not to mention party loot, etc, and it's hard to imagine adding more. He'd need a military grade rucksack.
Last edited January 19, 2017 3:31 pm
Jan 19, 2017 5:08 pm
I would say Vhezyen is currently fully loaded, yes. Go ahead and assume that your travel arrangements will include a meal package.

Mordred can buy bundles of 20 flammable arrows for 5 GP.
load next

Thread locked