Chapter Five: Bapdis Orjo's Gift of Reconciliation

load previous
Jun 26, 2017 9:21 pm
What's the plan?

a) make camp (where)?
b) continue exploring this cavern system?
c) head back to the boat?
Jun 27, 2017 11:38 am
How long have we been on the island? I'm thinking it's been a day or less, so I'm inclined to spend the night here and do at least a cursory exploration of these caves in the morning, to see if Pafthinel left behind any magical goodies. I think we can spare a day or so, as long as we have plenty of time to get back to the ship. That said, if consensus is back to the boat right away, I'm OK with that too.
Jun 27, 2017 2:07 pm
I'd also like to loot, er, explore the rest of the caves in this hill before heading back to the boat.
Jun 27, 2017 3:47 pm
I think we are in the middle of our first night on the island
Jun 27, 2017 5:49 pm
Yes, it's late night/early morning of you first day. Where do you want to make camp? This chamber is useable but pretty gross now.
Jun 27, 2017 6:35 pm
Perhaps the vestibule, rather than in Pafthinel's cremation chamber of exploding people
Jun 28, 2017 4:18 pm
The party makes camp in the vestibule and the night passes uneventfully.

Daybreak brings a few curious rat-like creatures eager to explore the opening to the cave that had been sealed off by an unnatural smoke barrier for so long, but they scurry off when they catch sight of the party members waking up.

It's morning, day two on Vorch. You've made good time by finding, interrogating, and arranging the death of the person you came here to question on your very first day. What now, party?
Jun 28, 2017 4:53 pm
Yeah, busy day.

What is the layout of the chamber we are in again?
Jun 28, 2017 5:29 pm
CancerMan says:
At the entrance to the cave, Zangua remains on alert. The last thing he needs is a large bird with sharp teeth on the prowl. Noticing that Terra has followed, he asks without looking at her, "You speak the elf-tongue, too?"
Terra steps up beside Zangua and picks off another piece of the elf and grimaces. "Yes. Learnt it when I was young." She doesn't offer any more information. "How do you know the group?"
BullOctorok says:
The party makes camp in the vestibule and the night passes uneventfully.

Daybreak brings a few curious rat-like creatures eager to explore the opening to the cave that had been sealed off by an unnatural smoke barrier for so long, but they scurry off when they catch sight of the party members waking up.

It's morning, day two on Vorch. You've made good time by finding, interrogating, and arranging the death of the person you came here to question on your very first day. What now, party?
Terra's first objective is to scout the outside of the cave, see if the clearing she'd made back to the shore is clear and if the ship is still there. Not one to spend more time than is absolutely necessary in a cave that held the remains of exploded elf, Terra made her way to the opening.
Last edited June 28, 2017 5:30 pm
Jun 28, 2017 5:57 pm
Zangua answers Terra's question from the night before, "Met 'em when they was running from the cult that wants the iron ball. They helped me and a friend out in a tense moment, so we stuck around. My friend left back on the mainland, but I figured there's enough still going on that I'll stay."
Jun 28, 2017 6:17 pm
The vestibule: cave opening is to the northwest, passage you took to reach Pafthinel's death chamber was to the southeast, unexplored passages to the southwest and northeast.

Terra can see the Swiftness of Camazotz anchored where she left it. The morning is cool and breezy; there are a few cries here and there from the beasts of the island, but overall, it seems quiet.
Jun 28, 2017 7:48 pm
Did this count as a long rest, asks the guy with no spell slots left

"Well," Domarc says, getting up and stretching. "What mayhem shall we cause today? For the sake of suggesting a direction, I say northeast."
Last edited June 28, 2017 7:48 pm
Jun 30, 2017 4:23 pm
Do you guys want to explore the cavern or head back to the ship?
Jun 30, 2017 4:42 pm
How did a whole day get away from us like that?

Let's head into the cavern.

"Northeast it is, Domarc." Mordred scouts out the passage.
Last edited June 30, 2017 4:42 pm

Rolls

Perceptio - (1d20)

(19) = 19

Stealthio - (1d20+6)

(8) + 6 = 14

Jun 30, 2017 4:52 pm
As part of his morning rituals, Zangua shaved his head bald to remove the burnt areas. "Are we expecting to find another elf?" he asks as he dons his armor and gathers his gear.
Last edited June 30, 2017 4:53 pm
Jun 30, 2017 4:54 pm
The northeast passage leads to a massive, irregularly-shaped cavern, around 100' x 150'. The floor, walls, and ceiling are blackened by soot and ash. To the north is an alcove containing a massive stone basin, in the middle of the chamber is a large stone table upon which a strange and complex array of brass vessels, tubes, bottles, and implements are set, some loose and others connected, along with a variety of glass containers, hand tools, tablets, and other miscellany. A single high stool stands near the table. A large lacquered cabinet and two long stone chests stand along the east wall near the table. Along the south wall is a large stone trough full of glowing coals; a few brass bowls and other strangely-shaped vessels rest on the ground in front of it. There is a wide hole in the floor in the the southwest quadrant of the chamber with a narrow stairway spiraling down its sides.
Jun 30, 2017 5:00 pm
Can Mordred make any sense of the Honeydew Labs setup on the table?

Rolls

Arcana and/or Investigation - (1d20+1)

(13) + 1 = 14

Jun 30, 2017 5:12 pm
It looks like an alchemist's lab or a madman's idea of a distillery, but far more intricate than any such setups Mordred has seen. Most of the vessels are brass, but there are some glass and ceramic pieces as well. Some of the ones you can see into contain liquids.
Jun 30, 2017 6:43 pm
"I think we're more hoping for treasure," Domarc says to Zangua. "I think we're done with Elves here, and hopefully also jinns and the like."

Surveying the room, Domarc heads over towards the trough and inspects the brass bowls and other vessels there, taking care not to touch them.
load next

Thread locked