Chapter Five: Bapdis Orjo's Gift of Reconciliation

load previous
Jun 30, 2017 6:47 pm
Mordred sighs audibly. "Be careful, all. Given what happened in the last cave, I don't what anyone casually touching any of this. If you recognize something, and want to take it, check with the rest of us first. Otherwise, let's move on."

Mordred peers down the hole.
Last edited June 30, 2017 6:48 pm
Jun 30, 2017 6:51 pm
There are ashes and char marks in the vessels; it looks like quite a lot of things have been burned up in this chamber.

Mordred looks down the hole. The pit and stairs appear to descend to another chamber below, maybe sixty feet down. A faint orange glow emanates from this lower chamber.
Jul 1, 2017 4:40 am
Still a bit shocked and, truth be told, a little irritated at the way events on this island had unfolded, Leth keeps to himself towards the back of the group, letting the more treasure-hungry members of the party lead the way. For now he simply keeps watch, weapon drawn, eyes roaming around the room, looking for anything particularly interesting or dangerous.
OOC:
I really am trying to keep up, but it may be more difficult than I thought. I've been having to pick up a lot of last-minute extra hours covering for my co-worker, who's neck deep in a custody battle.

Also, I am a *little* bit miffed that Pafthinel died and the Jinn got away, but I also haven't exactly been the most active participant in moving the story along recently, so I suppose I don't have much room to complain :P

Rolls

perception - (1d20+6)

(12) + 6 = 18

Jul 3, 2017 7:35 pm
Nothing of note catches Leth's attention.

Anybody wanna go down the hole?
Jul 4, 2017 3:20 pm
Domarc starts humming "Way Down in the Hole" as he moves past the top of the hole and heads towards the cabinet, trying to inspect for traps.

Rolls

Investigation - (1d20+4)

(6) + 4 = 10

Jul 5, 2017 12:15 pm
Mordred follows Domarc closely.

Rolls

Perception - (1d20)

(18) = 18

Jul 5, 2017 3:48 pm
Domarc finds no evidence of traps on the cabinet. Nothing seems out of the ordinary to Mordred, the general strangeness of the place notwithstanding.
Jul 5, 2017 4:43 pm
Domarc will open the cabinet and look inside.
OOC:
thedandyman, I too am a little miffed/frustrated at how things turned out with Pafthinel, but such is the game at times - we don't win them all! I'm also not sure how great of a person Pafthinel was; while the Jinn was also not a nice being, Paftheinel was pretty busy here with the summonings and the bindings (and dissections) of other creatures...so, sometimes things come back to bite you.
Jul 5, 2017 4:53 pm
Zangua keeps watch, patiently waiting while the others conduct their investigations.
Jul 6, 2017 2:12 pm
Terra does a peripheral wandering of the large open space to see what she can find. Her owl scouts and flaps around searching for a safe place to settle and keep an eye on things.

I'd like Terra to have a good look around the room for any fallen items, doors, foot prints or suggestions as to what has been burned in here before.
Last edited July 6, 2017 2:12 pm

Rolls

Investigation check - (1D20+3)

(16) + 3 = 19

Jul 10, 2017 5:54 pm
Back to regular updates shortly, sorry
Jul 10, 2017 6:00 pm
No worries, Octo. Summer is weird.
Jul 11, 2017 9:15 am
No worries Octo!

While the others inspect the cabinet, Felor warily inspects the various vessels, tubes, and bottles on the stone table. He attempts to, without touching anything, see if anything is labelled or if he can identify any potions that could be of use.

Rolls

Investigation or Arcana (same modifier) - (1d20+1)

(19) + 1 = 20

Jul 12, 2017 5:07 pm
Nothing is labeled and nothing looks potable. Felor recognizes the smell of accelerants.
Jul 13, 2017 12:03 pm
Yeah, Mordred is of the opinion that Pafthinel got his comeuppance here. He was (literally and figuratively) playing with fire.
Jul 13, 2017 12:22 pm
Felor has a healthy disdain for wizards and those who seek magic for its power (rather than as a reward for the faithful), and was only interested in keeping the elf alive until he'd given them the information they needed. He was happy to let Paftheinel's experiments get their revenge after that.
Jul 13, 2017 4:22 pm
Terra finds no doors or fallen objects. There are scuffs and suggestions of footprints on the soot-covered floor, some small like the tracks of an animal, others consistent with the tracks Pafthinel would leave.
Jul 13, 2017 4:37 pm
Zangua takes a moment to look out and down into the jungle, gauging where that bracelet might have landed after being thrown the day before.

Rolls

Investigation - (1d20)

(8) = 8

Jul 13, 2017 4:39 pm
Zangua can hazard a guess as to the general direction the bracelet would have tumbled down, but finding it would probably take some time and methodical searching.
Jul 13, 2017 5:38 pm
Let's go down the hole!

Mordred quietly heads down the stairs.

EDIT: That Stealth roll should be +6, if it matters.
Last edited July 13, 2017 5:39 pm

Rolls

Stealth - (1d20+5)

(7) + 5 = 12

load next

Thread locked