An Unlikely Companionship

load previous
May 18, 2015 2:50 pm
Tanser blinks a few times, rubs his eyes and scans the room quickly. My eyes are drawn immediately to the oddly fantastic beard of the Gnome approaching. After a flare up of jealousy and slight contempt over how amazing the beard looks, Tanser quickly grabs the statue and parchment and tries to hide them under the table thinking, 'Bollocks. I'll get paid one way or another. Maybe this parchment holds some value.'

I'll roll a Dex+lvl to try and hide the items. Never tried this before so I hope it works. If I may add my "I must have that valuable thing" background just add 5 to the roll. I won't include in case it doesn't apply.

Rolls

Hiding the Statue and Parchment. - (1d20+5)

(18) + 5 = 23

May 18, 2015 4:39 pm
even without the background, it was deftly done. Binleeargo, it looks as if he was sitting there alone the whole time, though you're sure your eyes saw otherwise.
May 21, 2015 2:01 am
szemely says:
Motioning for Bog to join him, Apró lowers his gaze as he slowly shakes his head. "I'm sorry that you've just learned of our town's destruction. It was... it was just an awful night." He pauses as he tries to regain his composure and then continues, "During the destruction and panic of that night I was unable to locate any of my friends. As I searched it did appear that at least a few were able to gather some of their belongings and flee. Others weren't so lucky..."

He goes silent as the reliving of that night takes its toll.

After a few awkward moments, Apró looks up at Bog and tries to change the tone of the conversation, "Apologies, friend, I've yet to properly introduce myself." Extending his hand towards Bog he says, "My name is Apró Bot. It would be an honor to share a meal with you."
Bog watched Apró struggle through the memories of that night and a spark flared to life within him. As he shook Apró's hand and ordered food, his thoughts and emotions whirled into a fevered storm. It was his town, his people, his family that had suffered and been destroyed. He would not return home just to stand idly by and let this heinous crime go unanswered. In a lull of the conversation, he leaned forward, his eyes taking on a dangerous gleam, "Tell me, Apró, who did this? Who destroyed Candleton? I have been here hardly a day and I'm hearing rumors of orcs, storm giants, and the Diabolist! Tell me what really happened, and I will see justice dealt!"
May 21, 2015 10:53 pm
"I do not know what exactly happened that night. I do, however, know that the rumors that you have heard are wrong." Apró pauses for a moment as he takes a few sips from his drink.

"Some call it a natural disaster, but from what I saw there wasn't anything natural about it. This was done TO US, by someone or something and no one seems to care. I lost friends in Candleton and yet I've settled here and haven't done a single thing to right the wrongs done to OUR people." Apró lowers his head, "I'm ashamed of myself for that."

"My friend, if you are indeed serious about seeing that those responsible for the destruction of our town are held accountable for their actions then I would be honored to offer my assistance."
Last edited May 21, 2015 10:53 pm
May 22, 2015 1:55 am
"I am serious, and I welcome your assistance." Bog's gaze drifted toward where Candleton used to be, "I will be returning to Candleton today. There may be little left, but hopefully some trace remains of whoever or whatever did this." He looked back at Apró, "Do you know of anyone else who might join us? Stalwart though the two of us may be, I would feel better if our number were greater."
May 25, 2015 4:02 pm
Shaking his head Apró say, "Most of the others that I have run into are simply trying to rebuild their lives, but I'm sure we could find others who would be willing to help us with this task."
May 26, 2015 1:15 am
Blinking his eyes at the disappearing fiend mirage, Binleeargo continues nonchalantly to the gnomes table as if he had meant to do that anyway. Gnomish magic, no doubt, huzzah! He smiles warmly at the seated gnome, and proffers his arm in greeting. "Binleeargo Jemop, finder of lost gnomes. Well met, cousin!" he says, amiably before taking a seat.
May 27, 2015 2:54 am
Tanser glances at the proffered arm then looks back up at dat beautiful beard. He shifts his unpacked pipe in his mouth and shakes the proffered arm cautiously.

"Tanser Podane. 'Finder of lost gnomes', you say? You lookin for me, Binny? Am I lost?"

Tanser leans forward in his seat and thinks, 'Well, looks like my gold's out the door. Let's see what this fellow has to offer......I don't remember a cousin-a-mine looking like this, though. Gotta get me some more Burberry.'
May 29, 2015 10:08 am
Tanser, are you opening the parchment? if so, would you like me to inbox you or just put it in here?
May 29, 2015 1:59 pm
For now I'm just hiding the parchment. I will be opening it once I find out if Binleeargo is trustworthy, so whichever you like. You could inbox and I can post it once Binny and I get to talking some more.
Jun 10, 2015 3:52 pm
"Yes, perhaps there are others who would rally, if given the opportunity." Bog straightened in his chair and looked around the room. He was surprised to see the number of gnomes present, yet dismayed at how comfortable they all appeared to be. Had they forgotten their home had been destroyed? The righteous rage within him could not be contained and he clambered to step from his chair to the table. With as booming of a voice as he could muster, he called attention to himself and addressed everyone,

"My fellow brothers and sisters. I have been gone far too long, for I return to find our town destroyed, our people uprooted, and our families slain. Yet you go about your days eating food and drinking drink that is not yours! In a town that is not yours! You sleep in someone else's beds, and bathe in someone else's bath! Some of you are even rebuilding your businesses here. Here! When you should be rebuilding your home, your town! I will not stand for this defilement of our people, our name. I am going back to Candleton today, nay, this very hour! I will find whomever or whatever did this, and mete out Justice! For this crime against us was unjust and must be answered! Who will join me? Who will reclaim that which was stolen: our honor, our dignity, our livelihood? Who will cause those of future generations to quake at the thought of ever rising against us again?!??"
Jun 10, 2015 10:34 pm
Apró stands on his chair with Macska on his shoulder and raises his staff into the air.
Jun 11, 2015 12:47 am
Tanser sees this display. Takes a look around the room and thinks...

'Interesting....Let's see where THIS goes.'

He then shouts out.."I'm with ya!" then glances back at Binleeargo.
Jun 11, 2015 2:16 am
Binleeargo stands and hollers his acceptance of the proposal. Gnomish magic illuminates the ceiling with illusory candles.

EDIT: I guess that would be the strong smell of candles rather than visual illusions (gnomish racial power).
Last edited June 11, 2015 2:44 pm
Jun 11, 2015 10:05 am
Bog, roll a charisma check to dictate how the rest of the room reacts (CHA+level).
Jun 11, 2015 2:02 pm
OOC: as the Favored consort to the Elf Queen's late niece, Bog interacted quite a bit with court orators and the like before and after they met with the nobles. They taught him a thing or two about giving a rousing speech.

Rolls

+Cha (0)+Lvl (1)+Background (3) - (1d20+1)

(6) + 1 = 7

Jun 11, 2015 2:03 pm
njohn858 says:
OOC: as the Favored consort to the Elf Queen's late niece, Bog interacted quite a bit with court orators and the like before and after they met with the nobles. They taught him a thing or two about giving a rousing speech.
Result should be 10. (6)+0+1+3 = 10
Jun 11, 2015 10:08 pm
Besides the gnomes who have clearly posed interest in your crusade, the other gnomes seem frightened at the thought of returning to Candleton. The humans are lost in left field.
Jun 18, 2015 2:42 am
Silence hung in the air after Bog's speech for a moment or two until it became awkward and everyone went back to their food, drinks, and conversation. Bog stepped down, disappointed at his people's lack of interest. He looked at the three who were willing to join him, "It is a pity the others are more interested in staying here in the supposed safety than in reclaiming that which is theirs. Let us gather our supplies and meet at the road as soon as possible. I would like to make it to Candleton before nightfall."

He stared at his feet for a moment, then looked up again, tears glistening in his eyes, "I can't tell you how grateful and honored I am to have you join me. Thank you." He wiped his face with his hands, leaving dirty streaks across his cheeks.
Jun 18, 2015 12:36 pm
Tanser thinks to himself, 'This Bog sure has a flair for the dramatic. Those tears look real! The dirty streaks were a nice touch too. I could probably learn something from him.'

Then says, "I'll be right along. I gotta gather some stuff." Turns and slaps Binleeargo on the back, "I'll see ya in a few."

Tanser slips out the door and, if he can, gets to a place of relative privacy and OPENS THE PARCHMENT!!!!
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.