An Unlikely Companionship

load previous
Jun 30, 2015 4:17 pm
Binleeargo, alarmed at the beast, sees his hammers from his bedroll and prepares to dive over and retrieve them.

Rolls

Initiative - (1d20+4)

(15) + 4 = 19

Jun 30, 2015 4:35 pm
Bog stared into the inky blackness surrounding the eyes and nervously fingered the hilt of his scimitar, wondering if this be friend or foe...

Rolls

Roll Initiative (d20+Dex+Lvl) - (1d20+5)

(8) + 5 = 13

Jun 30, 2015 11:09 pm
Apró, noticing the others peering into the woods, grabs his staff and prepares to take action.

EDIT: Eventually.
Last edited June 30, 2015 11:10 pm

Rolls

Initiative [+3] - (1d20+3)

(3) + 3 = 6

Jul 1, 2015 5:31 pm
Binleeargo, your senses are as sharp as you have trusted them to be and get to take the first turn. Just before you act, a second pair of red eyes blink open from the darkness of the surrounding forest. The enemies are considered nearby but are shrouded in darkness, therefore you're going to take a -2 attack penalty until they come close enough to the campfire.

The order is as follows:
Binleeargo
Enemies
Bog
Apró

Note: Bog, I noticed you added strength instead of dexterity to your initiative, so you're only one point lower.

Rolls

Secret Roll

Jul 1, 2015 6:41 pm
Binleeargo dives onto his bedroll and grabbing his hammers, rolls into a combat crouch. If he can, he readies an action to attack the creatures should they be so inclined as to attempt to make his acquaintance in a less than friendly manner (i.e., get near him uncautiously).
OOC: I couldn't find rules for drawing a weapon so I included them in his move action, but if they are an additional move action, then disregard my rolls, of course.

Rolls

Hammer #1, readied action - (1d20+2)

(10) + 2 = 12

Hammer #2, readied action (only if 1st hammer rolls even) - (1d20+2)

(8) + 2 = 10

Jul 1, 2015 7:20 pm
Quote:
Note: Bog, I noticed you added strength instead of dexterity to your initiative, so you're only one point lower.
Oops. I misread my character sheet and added my level twice. Thanks for catching that.

Would you like us to post our attacks in order of initiative? Or just post them whenever?

Also, do any of the creatures have a 'Fear ability?'
Last edited July 1, 2015 7:31 pm
Jul 1, 2015 8:17 pm
They do not. I'm guessing that you have the ability that negates fear? For the sake of organization, going in order would be best.
Jul 1, 2015 8:21 pm
SClark617 says:
They do not. I'm guessing that you have the ability that negates fear? For the sake of organization, going in order would be best.
Yes, Bog is immune to Fear, and also gets a +2 attack bonus to creatures with the Fear ability who are unengaged. Thanks for the prompt answer! :)
Jul 1, 2015 11:32 pm
OOC: Sorry all, had some RL stuff de-rail me here. If it's ok I'll just sneak in at the end of Initiative because I missed the call for it.
Jul 2, 2015 10:16 am
The creatures step forth from the darkness, at this point it becomes apparent that they're dire rats. Binleeargo, since you retreated a little, you are the furthest away from them but still nearby, you are next to the now more alerylt Tanser. Bog and Apró, you are closest to them, and thus they move up to engage you.

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/dungeonsdragons/images/f/fa/Dire_Rat.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20120422024316

Rolls

Attack on Bog

Attack on Apró

Jul 2, 2015 10:21 am
Bog, your attakcer's teeth scratch and clatter against your armor, but you suffer no damage.
Apró, your attacker is fortunate because you have less armor. You take 12 damage and 2 ongoing

Bog, it is now your turn and you are engaged with a Dire Rat.
Jul 2, 2015 4:31 pm
OOC: Took my 12 points. If I'm reading correctly I'll take two more at the end of my turn and then try and save (11+) to discontinue the effect. Correct?
Jul 2, 2015 5:06 pm
You are correct, my friend.
Jul 2, 2015 7:05 pm
Binleeargo shuffles to Apro Bot's side, and tries to draw the rats attention. He whistles and then attacks with his hammers in downward strikes.

Rolls

Hammer #1 (if even roll, 2nd attack allowed) - (1d20+2)

(7) + 2 = 9

Hammer #2 (only if hammer #1 rolls even) - (1d20+2)

(17) + 2 = 19

Jul 2, 2015 9:12 pm
Bog twisted away from the unusually-sized rodent, preventing its teeth from finding purchase and using the momentum to unsheath his scimitar. Baring his own teeth at the creature, he met its slobbering stare and found himself filling up with a holy fury at the unnaturalness of the foul beast. Fearlessly, he dove at the creature, slashing at it wildly.

OOC: I'm using my Smite Evil attack
+4 attack bonus from Smite Evil
+1 melee attack bonus as long as it isn't engaged by any of my allies (Fearless Talent)
+1d12 damage (half damage on miss)

Rolls

Attack Dire Rat (d20+Str+lvl+ED+5) - (1d20+10)

(9) + 10 = 19

Damage (if hit) (d6+Str) (1 miss damage) - (1d6+4)

(1) + 4 = 5

Smite Evil Damage (d12) (half damage on miss) - (1d12)

(4) = 4

Jul 2, 2015 9:36 pm
Shaken from the attack, Apró stumbles back a bit before raising his hand and unleashing a scorching ray attack on the dire rat the hit him.

OOC: I'll take two more points of damage and roll for the save as well.

Rolls

Scorching Ray [+Cha+Lvl = +5] - (1d20+5)

(4) + 5 = 9

Damage (if hit) [+Cha = +4] - (1d6+4)

(4) + 4 = 8

Ongoing Fire Damage (if attack roll is even) - (1d8)

(2) = 2

Ongoing Damage Save - (1d20)

(10) = 10

Jul 3, 2015 3:18 am
Tanser gets a twisted look on his face and attempts to Shadow Walk behind one of the Dire Rats engaged with Apro.

Shadow Walk:
CHA + Lvl vs. Enemy with the highest mental defense... On a hit I disappear and on my following turn reappear and do double damage to the Rat engaged with Apro, if I can get there. I don't see anything specifically saying I couldn't use my improved sneak attack damage as the Rat would be engaged with Apro.

On a miss I still get a standard, so I will use Flying Blade and hurl a throwing dagger at the nearest Rat. I'll throw that roll in too in case my shadow walk misses. Dex+Lvl vs. AC

Rolls

Shadow Walk. Cha+Lvl vs. enemy w/ highest mental. - (1d20+4)

(16) + 4 = 20

Flying Blade if Shadow Walk misses. Dex+Lvl vs. AC - (1d20+5)

(20) + 5 = 25

Flying Blade Damage if Shadow Walk misses and Flying Blade hits. - (1d4+4)

(2) + 4 = 6

Jul 4, 2015 8:47 pm
Binleeargo, your first swing is a little wide and hits the ground with a thump (unless you do miss damage, then it grazes the Dire Rat) but your second attack hits the enemyas it screeches in pain.
Bog, your attack is fruitful as you shave off some skin and hair skillfuly with your scimitar for full damage.
Apró, scorching ray is a ranged spell so you suffer a -2 penalty unless you would like to disengage first (move action, roll normal save 11+), just let me know your decision.
Tanser, your shadow step is successful. You disappear in a puff of smoke to reappear on your next turn.
The escalation die is at 1 (+1 to attack rolls but not damage) and we're back at the top of initiative.
http://www.clker.com/cliparts/q/V/z/1/V/8/square-number-1-md.png
Jul 8, 2015 12:28 pm
Binleeargo continues to assail the rat with wild swings of his hammer, attempting to keep those nasty, dirty teeth at bay. As he attacks, he shuffles slightly to the side, circling around behind the rat.

Rolls

Hammer #1 - (1d20+3)

(9) + 3 = 12

Hammer #2 (only if hammer #1 rolls even) - (1d20+3)

(7) + 3 = 10

damage for hammer #1 if it hit - (1d6+2)

(4) + 2 = 6

Jul 8, 2015 3:01 pm
Bog ducked and dodged the tufts of fur and clumps of bloody flesh and kept hacking and slashing at the foul beast. He felt the thrill of battle set in and let out a jubilant war cry, "Aha! Die, rat, die!"

OOC:
Miss damage is 1
Last edited July 8, 2015 3:01 pm

Rolls

Scimitar attack (d20+Str+lvl+ED+1) - (1d20+7)

(5) + 7 = 12

Damage (if hit) (d6+Str) - (1d6+4)

(1) + 4 = 5

load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.