The Runes of Oblivion [Game Thread]

load previous
May 12, 2015 5:53 pm
Roaring angrily, Grapthor heaves his warhammer with both hands and tries to brain the thing.

OOC: Yeah, pun TOTALLY intended.

Rolls

MAT = 16 - (1d20)

(12) = 12

May 12, 2015 6:06 pm
Grapthor turns the brain into minced mush with a single mighty blow. Everyone within the room gets splattered with grey matter.

OOC: The fight is over, we return to normal adventuring mode.

Rolls

Tentacled defense (5) - (1d20)

(14) = 14

May 12, 2015 6:46 pm
"Whoa...my beautiful mind is saved! Looks like that tentacle brain wanted junk food, eh Grapthor?" Veldebrand pats the dwarf on the back. "Don't worry, old boy, we'll find a healer in town who can restore that noggin"
May 12, 2015 7:27 pm
"Eeeewwwww what a mess! That stinks! Also literally! When I wanted blood i didn't tink of this. And I didn't even get a hit. C'mon Flossi we need to clean up." Rollo wipes his face and shakes the goo from his fingers. Then he tries to clean Flossi.
May 12, 2015 7:28 pm
Flossi yelps and shakes his fur violently just as Rollo is kneeling down over him. He sprays Rollo again fith all the goo from his fur.
May 12, 2015 7:31 pm
"Argh! You crazy mutt! What are you doing?! Lets go outside and have a short wash in the pond."
May 12, 2015 7:33 pm
If nobody objects I'll handwave a short trip to the entrance and a refreshing dip into the icy cold water of the silent pond.
You clean up and return to the laboratory.
May 12, 2015 8:17 pm
Barekeln will examine Grapthor, finding no visible wounds...

Sorry brethren, I'm afraid my healing spell cannot take care of whatever wound this thing inflicted on you, but Im sure that after a good night's sleep, you should be as good as new...
May 12, 2015 9:16 pm
Farandor will follow the others to the pond, then feel amazing after a bit of fresh air and cool, cleansing water. When they return to the room, he'll poke around in the debris in case there are any other curiosities hiding amidst the wreckage.
May 13, 2015 12:10 am
Grapthor rubs his pate, "Feels like that thing shaved some off my top!" He follows the rest back to the store-room but doesn't join in the rummaging. Instead, he stands in the north-east corner and scans the room warily.
May 13, 2015 5:16 am
The rest of the store room is just filled with broken furniture. Nothing interesting left here.
May 13, 2015 5:58 am
"Onward, then! Which way? That damn thing seems to have messed with my bloody noggin." Grapthor exits the store-room and without waiting for Rollo & Flossi to take point, leads the way east down the yet-unexplored hallway.
May 13, 2015 6:07 am
Grapthor reaches a 3 by 4 meter room that probably was a librabry. To the south is a U shaped shelf 3 by 2 meters lining the south walls of the room. Decayed books and scrolls fill the shelf. in the northwest corner is a 1m high statue of bright white marble. It depicts a reading nude. There is a door to the north on the northeast corner.
May 13, 2015 7:04 am
"I imagine the bloody mage and the priest will want to tarry here a while," Grapthor sighs. He walks up to the statue and studies the stonework with interest.

OOC: Does the statue provide any clues as to the nature of this place and our mission?
May 13, 2015 7:33 am
No, it is merely decorative. The owner of this hideout seems to be educated and value education. He also appreciates art. With the evidence from the kitchen you judge a human mage lived here. And there was a name on the map veldebrand has. If you like fill in the details :-) (Gender, race, pose etc.)
The statue seems valuable but is quite heavy. You wouldn't be able to lift it yourself. Maybe with a helper on each corner you could move it slowly.
May 13, 2015 10:49 am
Veldebrand inspects the books and scrolls. "If this fellow was an apothecary, perhaps there are spell scrolls to be found!"
May 13, 2015 11:17 am
Most of the books crumble through your fingers as you touch them. The following books are still readable:
* Knight and Troll
* Cronk the Barbarian,
* Etymology, Ecology and Biology of the various Types of Garden Slugs,
* Chromatics
* Elven cookbook

You find 4 Scrolls:
* Halt!
* Arrow of Darkness
* Magic Shield
* Levitation

OOC: Note on scrolls: They are single use only no matter if you memorize the spell or cast it. For memorizing level limits etc apply. For casting not! You can cast higher level spells from scrolls. Scrolls are not water- or fireproof etc... Your backpack is rainproof but submerging it is bad for its contents. Common sense applies as usual. :-)
Non magic users may not use scrolls. They can only utilize stored charges of a spell in magic items.
May 13, 2015 1:48 pm
Veldebrand looks quite excited at the scrolls, shuffles through them, hands half to Barekeln and stuffs his share in his rucksack. He waves off the books. "This is finally getting good. Lead on, stout dwarf!"
Last edited May 13, 2015 1:49 pm
May 13, 2015 1:52 pm
Grapthor stomps over to the door, and hesitates only a moment, growling, before kicking it open.
May 13, 2015 4:21 pm
Farandor settles himself behind Grapthor and Rollo, readying a spear for any dangers that may lurk beyond the door.
load next

Thread locked