The Runes of Oblivion [Game Thread]

load previous
May 25, 2015 7:13 pm
Barekeln concentrates to identify the magic on the items.

Rolls

Detect Macic (MND+AU, CTN11) Yellow Potion - (1d20)

(2) = 2

Detect Macic (MND+AU, CTN11) 3rd Ring - (1d20)

(5) = 5

Detect Macic (MND+AU, CTN11) Chainmail - (1d20)

(7) = 7

May 27, 2015 5:53 pm
Potion: a above Potion of Strength +6 for d20 minutes
A Ring of Spellchange
A chainmail +1
May 27, 2015 6:54 pm
Well then, my dear Veldebrand, since you took that ring of chain Lightning, I assume it's only fair I take this Ring of Spellchange.

(OOC: :P )
May 27, 2015 6:56 pm
"That makes sense to me. That will allow you to switch between healing and defense spells more easily".
May 27, 2015 6:59 pm
"If we're done comparing jewellery, Grapthor and I are getting thirsty. Aren't we Grapthor?"
May 27, 2015 7:24 pm
"Agreed. Let's take everything we can. If a piece of art or statue is too heavy let's leave it for later. "
May 28, 2015 7:33 am
I'd say the paintings are about 1 by 1 meter and have to be carried by 2 persons. You can barely move the statue with 4 people.
May 28, 2015 2:15 pm
Looks like we'll have a few trips to make then... alright, let's start with the paintings first, since one of them seems to be what our employers was after. We can come back for the statue: it should not just sprout legs and leave, after all...
May 28, 2015 2:32 pm
"That sounds like a plan! Let's bloody git to it!"
May 28, 2015 2:39 pm
"Should we try to request more money for the painting?" Veldebrand ponders as he gathers his gear and helps carry things out.
May 28, 2015 2:58 pm
"I just wanna be quit of this bloody place. I prefer my forgettin' in the bottom of a keg of ale, not some blasted rune!"
May 28, 2015 3:10 pm
"I think Grapthor is probably owed some hazard pay for the licking that golem laid on his head" Farandor says, wincing at the remembered strikes to his comrade.
May 28, 2015 3:57 pm
Adventuring reward is pretty much 100% hazard pay my elf friend...
May 28, 2015 4:14 pm
"Ha! Too right Master Barekeln, too right indeed."
May 28, 2015 4:34 pm
OOC: Here comes the fast forward... I'll just wrap it up here.
I read earler that you planned on delivering the painting to your employer and not keeping it so I'll take that as consensus for simplicity.

You pack up your loot and two of you carry the troll painting between them. Tracking back to the Inn is not a big problem. You are awaited by a merchant. After some confusion you manage to explain your loss of memory and establish that he is indeed the one who hired you to get the painting.
You rent a small donkey cart from the village and haul back the statue and the other painting. The young son of the farmer drives the cart for you.
You then join the merchant and his own cart to the nearest smaller town. There you sell the art pieces with great loss as this is a small town and hard to find a buyer at all and you can't haul the stuff around. The boy takes the cart back to his village.
You also have the sword identified: It is a +1 short sword.

In the smaller town there is plenty of time to get drunk and go shopping.

You get:
+ 100GP for the troll painting
+ 70GP for the rest of the art
- 10 GP to have the Sword identified
--------------------------------
32 GP for each character

You each earned experience:
* 10/12 XP for exploring rooms
* 110 / 5 XP for the Golem
* 90 / 5 XP for the Tentacled Brain
* 15 XP for finding and understanding the runes
* 15 XP for delivering the painting
* 25 for surviving the adventure
------
105 XP for each character

Congratulations you are all Level 2 now.
Please PM me your shopping list and the changes to your character. You can also ask to buy things not in the book. But the limit is small town level.

Thread locked