The Runes of Oblivion [Game Thread]

load previous
May 21, 2015 4:01 pm
Veldebrand Identifies:
Owl Brooch - IN + 1
Ring of Chain Lightening (1x / day)
Ring of Protection +1
May 21, 2015 4:11 pm
"Oooh, I like gold! So what exactly do you all know about our quest? Is this painting what we're after?"

Farandor pockets his share of the gold.
May 21, 2015 4:15 pm
I guess it is. Veldebrand had a not scribbled with "Nude-Troll-Black and Red", and that painting seems to have all 3, so... Of course, we can always take the rest of the art as well and try to sell it for more gold...
May 21, 2015 4:19 pm
"You mean that ugly-ass dragon painting? I suppose you magic types thought it might be worth something. The more loot the merrier mine and Grapthor's hangover in a few days I suppose"
May 21, 2015 5:23 pm
Veldebrand affixes the owl brooch to his cloak and makes a confident and thoughtful expression. He holds the rings out to Barekeln "This ring protects you in combat, while this one can produce chain lighting once per day. Deadly spell. Both you and I could someday learn the spell but it is a long way off. Still, it would be better served in my possession or yours rather than, say, him" pointing to Grapthor.
Last edited May 21, 2015 5:23 pm
May 21, 2015 6:03 pm
Grapthor stuffs his share of the gold into his pack. "Sure, this'll buy me ale when we git back to town, but I'm bloody thirsty NOW!" he grumbles. "What's that yellow stuff in the bottle?"

He picks up the chain mail, gives Rollo a sidelong glance, and shrugs, "Be a shame to cover those tattoos." He puts the chainmail on, "S' a little tight around the chest."

"I'll take the wee sword too if nobody wants it." Grapthor turns his attention to the painting. "Now how're we supppsed to carry the bloody thing? Remove it from its frame & roll it up?"
Last edited May 21, 2015 6:27 pm
May 21, 2015 6:47 pm
"We can roll it around one of my spears and keep it in my quiver. Should keep it reasonably safe."
May 21, 2015 6:50 pm
Looking at the yellow potion.."Well, what good would hiding poison in a locked room guarded by a golem be?" Veldebrand tastes the potion.
Last edited May 21, 2015 6:51 pm
May 21, 2015 7:19 pm
Answering Veldebrand

Yeah, agreed, especially considering it'll take me longer to learn it and my role is more of a combat healer than a lightning thrower... Who knows, maybe in the future we'll end up swapping rings... Okay, gees guys, let me sense magic first, will ya!?

(OOC: :P )
May 22, 2015 4:53 pm
"If Grapthor gets the armor, let me have the Ring of Protection please. I can use some more defense in the front line. What is the other stuff?"
May 22, 2015 5:21 pm
Veldebrand feels a lot stronger.

This potion gives ST +6 for d20 minutes.
May 22, 2015 5:42 pm
tete says:
"If Grapthor gets the armor, let me have the Ring of Protection please. I can use some more defense in the front line. What is the other stuff?"
(OOC: Barekeln took it. As a healer, I'll need protection, and a ring is perfect for me since, unlike regulat armor, it does not hamper my spellcasting (I.e. your source of healing ;) ). You can always purchase better armor in town, or convince Grapthor to take teh sword and leave you the chainmail instead... Also, don't forget my sense magic checks chocokiko...)
Last edited May 22, 2015 5:43 pm
May 23, 2015 10:55 am
Grapthor fishes a pair of dice from his pocket. "Tell you what, Rollo, I know we can both use the armor. Whaddya say we dice for it? Higher roll wins the armor."

Grinning, Grapthor rolls the dice. "10. Your turn.", he says, handing Rollo the dice.
Last edited May 23, 2015 10:56 am

Rolls

Rolling against Rollo for the chainmail. - (2d6)

(55) = 10

May 23, 2015 11:21 am
"Oh, gentleman, can we not simply come to an agreement?" Veldebrand looks disdainfully at the dicing match while quietly donning the ring of chain lightning when Barekeln is distracted.
May 24, 2015 3:38 am
"Well fellows, if that's all, I'd like to get some fresh air and a pint at the nearest tavern." Farandor winks at Grapthor. He finishes rolling up the painting, taking care not to damage it, then stows it carefully with his spears on his back.
May 24, 2015 3:08 pm
Since nobody is letting him sensing magic on the items Velebrand failed to identify (OOC: Guess I made all those rolls for nothing...), Barekeln ismply goest to gather the remaining art, waiting for help with teh 1meter statue (OOC: which I assume will weight a lot).
May 25, 2015 1:44 pm
Veldebrand hands the strength potion to Rollo. "Here you go, mate. This will make those big muscles even bigger, for a while".
May 25, 2015 6:44 pm
OOC: Sorry for the delay...

Barekeln:
Yellow potion - hot
Sword - cold
3rd ring - hot
Chailnmail - hot
May 25, 2015 6:49 pm
Rollo takes his share of gold and the sword.

"Ok Grapthor lets see what your dice say."

"Too bad, but I'll take the next one!"
Last edited May 25, 2015 6:50 pm

Rolls

Dicing for armor - (2d6)

(53) = 8

May 25, 2015 6:53 pm
Grapthor puts the dice back in his pocket. Grinning, he slaps the big Northman on the shoulder. "Yeah you'll get the next one. For now I've got yer back. And I'll buy ye a drink for bein' a bloody sport!"
load next

Thread locked