The Runes of Oblivion [Game Thread]

load previous
May 18, 2015 7:07 pm
Grapthor stops his single-minded pounding on the door. "About bloody time somebody came up with a better idea than this!" He steps aside for Farandor.
May 18, 2015 7:08 pm
That sounds like a plan.... Otherwise, we're going nowhere fast...
May 18, 2015 7:11 pm
Farandor takes the potion, and slams it back, grimacing slightly at the flavour. After a few seconds to let the magic begin to flow through him, he approaches the door.
"Well, here goes!" Farandor presses his fingertips to the crack between the doors hoping to press his new stretchy form through the crack and operate the lock mechanism on the back side...
May 19, 2015 5:09 am
WHo has got the potion? If nobody took it someone has to run back and get it. :-P
May 19, 2015 8:52 am
Grapthor jerks his thumb at Veldebrand. "Mister Fancypants over there took all the potions. He and the priest."
May 19, 2015 9:20 am
OOC:@Farandor: What creature or person are you thinking of while drinking the potion? If you think of a pink elephant, thats what you are going to be. All further changes of shape during the potion's duration require MND+IN to concentrate.
By the way: Farandor has no idea how long the potion will work and if the last shape he chose remains.
Lets go in one minute steps for the duration of the potion.
For the future: Things that you don't explicitely pick up or don't write on your character sheet will be treated not there. I won't remind you. :-)

Farandor experiences a few moments of extreme morphological uncertainty. He is able to pull himself together and squeeze through the crack as his body flattens to paper thickness and consistence of jelly. His possessions clatter to the ground in front of the door. Farandor now stands in a pitch black room on the other side of the door. Naked. His body first slowly then more rapidly taking on the form of the first being that comes to Farandor's mind voluntarily or unvoluntarily.
Farandor cannot see anything as the door blocks all the light and his night vision is cat-like. It requires some little light to work unlike the dwarves who can see without any light.

Rolls

Potion's duration in minutes - (1d20)

(11) = 11

May 19, 2015 11:53 am
"I hope that this naked pudding kann open the door without all his stuff"
May 19, 2015 1:06 pm
"How goes it, man? Can you feel around for a lock or bar on the door?" Veldebrand shouts. "Is anything trying to kill you?" he adds, sheepishly.
May 19, 2015 2:29 pm
Farandor was amazed at how he slid through the door. Unfortunately, it was pitch black in the room beyond the door. Thankfully, he thought, as it was chilly in this room, and it seemed none of his equipment had come along either. Once he was beyond the door he turned around feeling at the door, trying to find a handle, bar, or lock mechanism of some kind.
"It's very dark in here..." Farandor will whisper at the door, in case anyone on the other side can hear him.

Once beyond the door, Farandor would just be thinking 'stand up' so he'd be imagining himself in his normal form. Does that require a MND+INT check to change back into?

OOC: In the interest of keeping things moving, I'll add the concentration check. If it ends up being necessary and I fail I guess Farandor will be fumbling against the door in weird paper thin form :)

Rolls

MND+In Concentrations check. TN 4! - (1d20)

(10) = 10

May 19, 2015 3:32 pm
Farandor resumes his normal form but has trouble to control his new found elasticity. His body stays very rubbery and any task involving a solid bone structure is at -3 until he changes shape again.

Farandor feels handles on the door but they don't move. There is no key hole on this side. Instead you feel an open intricate locking mechanism. This almost seems like a vault door. Someone made it secure from the outside but locking the doors from inside was not part of the specifications. The hinges of the double doors are on this side.
May 19, 2015 3:42 pm
"Okay guys, it doesn't seem that there's a key hole, or a bar on this side, just some complicated lock" Farandor will whisper at the crack in the door. "Any chance someone could shine a light at the crack? There are some torches in my pack."

Farandor will continue to grope around at the lock mechanism, trying to gleam some sense as to how it works.
May 19, 2015 4:06 pm
Veldebrand rummages through Farandor's gear and retrieves a torch, lighting it with a flame from his finger. He holds the flame near the keyhole. "Does this help?" he asks.
May 19, 2015 4:42 pm
"hey guys, I ask myself if someone has tools or something like that? maybe some lever?" Could we look for some?" Rollo begins to look around
May 20, 2015 6:36 am
Veldebrand spots a Crowbar in Farandor's pack.
The light helps somewhat. There is no obvious means of opening the lock from inside. Farandor can try to fiddle with the mechanism itself to move the parts (MND+DEX).
May 20, 2015 10:23 am
Veldebrand hands the crowbar to Grapthor. " This should do the trick "
May 20, 2015 12:29 pm
As Farandor hears them start to place the crowbar, he tries one more time to release the locking mechanism.

Rolls

MND 4+ DEX 5=ctn 9 - (1d20)

(7) = 7

May 20, 2015 2:37 pm
Grapthor wiggles the crowbar into the crack between the two huge doors and tries to forcibly pry them open.
Last edited May 20, 2015 4:33 pm

Rolls

Feat of Strength. BOD (8) + STR (4) = 12 - (1d20)

(14) = 14

May 20, 2015 5:12 pm
With Farandor's fiddeling and Grapthor's crowbar work you crack open the lock. The door swings slowly open to reveal a rubbery and completely naked elf.

The room behind the doors is 3 by 4 meters and obviously a treasure chamber. There is a big and a small chest and a painting labeled "The nude and the troll" on the wall.

After 5 more minutes Farandor's body structure starts to stiffen again. If he can concentrate enough to keep the right shape there is no problem, else he resumes his usual shape in the last second with a painful snap (5hp damage).
May 20, 2015 5:14 pm
Staring at the painting in the new light, Farandor's mind starts to wander and he starts to think about the Troll in the picture, letting his flexible form start to adapt...
May 20, 2015 5:16 pm
You have 5 minutes to experiment :-) I'll roll your concentration.

The party sees Farandor's shape blur and reconfigure. After few seconds you have a rather small troll in front of you, who's face seems strangely familiar. Farandor seems to have retained his overall body mass.

Rolls

Shapechange (MND+IN) (4) - (1d20)

(3) = 3

load next

Thread locked