Chapter 2: Into the Cage

load previous
Jun 20, 2018 8:00 pm
Wickari makes his way along the curtained booths to see if he can tell if any that are closed are occupied without opening them.
Jun 21, 2018 10:39 am
Wickari carefully walks past a few curtained alcoves, trying to avoid looking like he's eavesdropping or looking for someone. After going past three or four of them, he hears "If ye're lookin' fer ye own booth, try those with the curtains pulled, dahlin' " Looking around, Wickari traces the voice as belonging to the tiefling waitress, who walks past him with a flirtatious smile as she's carrying half a dozen mugs of ale for various tables. He's pretty sure she was saying that a bit louder than needed to be heard by just him, probably that was also a warning to those in the booths that there's someone outside snooping about. However, there are indeed two empty booths with the curtains pulled.
Jun 21, 2018 12:58 pm
Tarandar nods in thanks at the waitress before whispering to Wickari "Perhaps it would be best to take a booth and observer the surroundings for a while. If Eliath is in one of the enclosed booths he will have to leave at some point" he then starts moving toward the booth that looks like it has the best view of the room.
Jun 26, 2018 4:43 am
Wickari returns a mischievous tiefling smile, "Who says I want to be alone? Besides I hear there is a group of Mercy Killers that might accept some coin to track down a personal bounty? And, I think the pay is exceptional?" He also says that loud enough for folks behind curtains to hear.

Rolls

decpetion - (1d20+6)

(16) + 6 = 22

Jun 26, 2018 7:34 am
"Oi, that's the kinda talk that'll getcha in trouble, Clueless, and I don't mean the nice kinda trouble" she says as she tries to usher you towards one of the empty booths.
OOC:
Not sure if that's an error or intentional bluff, but as a reminder, Eliath is said to have joined the Doomguard, not the Mercykillers
Jul 4, 2018 9:00 pm
OOC:
It was my mistake, but I will roll with it)
"Oh my apologies, I meant Doomguard. I always get them confused. They are so similar. How does one tell them apart?"

Wick sits at an empty booth but does not close the curtain. He gestures to the others toward the bar in case they want to separate themselves from Wick's 'loudness'. He assumes the folks behind curtains can only hear him and the others have not yet spoke.
Jul 5, 2018 7:31 am
"Nah you dummy, I mean shouting things like that" the waitress tells Wickari, as she leads him rushedly to a free booth.
OOC:
Do the others join the tiefling or take separate tables?
Jul 6, 2018 12:39 pm
OOC:
I figured Tarandar was heading to a booth with a good view of the room ahead of Wickari so it'll be upto him/the waitress whether Wickari joins him at the same booth
Last edited July 6, 2018 12:39 pm
Jul 7, 2018 3:23 am
I slide into the booth right behind Tarandar. "Oh, hello. Might as well get some more drinks while we're here? You payin'? All these mysterious are making my thirsty." I give him a grin as I get a feel for the room and its occupants.

Rolls

General Insight check? - (1d20+2)

(8) + 2 = 10

Jul 9, 2018 8:41 am
OOC:
For simplicity's sake, let's assume the waitress sees Tarandar take an empty booth so she ushers Wickari to join him, with Xana close behind.
DarK_RaideR sent a note to Moofsalot
"So, what can I getcha?" the tiefling waitress asks as soon as you've all settled in. "Baatorian stout's pretty good, if you have the stomach for it"
Jul 10, 2018 10:14 pm
"Erm, maybe something a little less....adventurous" Tarandar says to the waitress "Perhaps you could help us in another way, we heard a friend of ours, Eliath, has joined the doomguard and we thought he may have stopped in here? Wondered if you’d seen him"
OOC:
He’ll give a description if she doesn’t recognise the name, that’s assuming she’s willing to help (throwing in a Persuasion roll if needed)

Rolls

Persusion - (1d20+4)

(20) + 4 = 24

Jul 11, 2018 6:58 am
"Oi, straight down to business eh? Alright then, I'll go grab you some ale to wet yer tongue, maybe then you can wet mine" she winks and giggles, before quickly adding "succubus blood, what can ye do?" and shrugs, before strutting away.

Few minutes later, she returns with three mugs full of not-so-frothing ale, which she sets on your table. "There's a blood here that fits the description you gave me, been sittin' in a booth with his Doomguard buddies. Want me to tell 'im you're here?"

You do not have permission to post in this thread.