Chapter Two: Dragon Hatchery

load previous
May 12, 2017 5:54 pm
Round One: Player Turn
Bughu's bolts fly into the group of Urds; his first one takes an urd through the eye and the next one takes a different one in the shoulder.

Erich fires a couple of firebolts. One flies off into the darkness, but the other strikes an urd in the chest and consumes it in flames.

Jon's arrow flies out, striking the rear urd right in the throat. He goes down, blood pouring down his chest as he falls to the ground.

Round One: Urd Turn
The dead kobold lands in the group of the urds and the drakes rush forward toward them. The urds turn and flee back into the chamber they were in before, shouting for help.

Enemies
Urd 1: DEAD
Urd 2: 2/7, AC 13
Urd 3: DEAD
Urd 4: DEAD
Urd 5: 7/7, AC 13
Urd 6: 7/7, AC 13
Kobold 1: 5/5, AC 12 (Asleep)
Kobold 2: 5/5, AC 12 (Asleep)
Kobold 3: 5/5, AC 12 (Asleep)
Kobold 4: 5/5, AC 12 (Asleep)
Kobold 5: 5/5, AC 12 (Asleep)
Kobold 6: 5/5, AC 12 (Asleep)
May 13, 2017 10:37 am
Mryio follows the drakes and tosses as many urd corpses down the stairs as he can.
May 13, 2017 4:11 pm
Bughu follows Myrio from a distance. When the urds call out, the archer curses and launches another two bolts to silence them.

Rolls

Hand Crossbow vs Urd, Piercing Damage - (1d20+7, 1d6+3)

1d20+7 : (17) + 7 = 24

1d6+3 : (2) + 3 = 5

Bonus Action vs Urd, Piercing Damage - (1d20+7, 1d6+3)

1d20+7 : (17) + 7 = 24

1d6+3 : (4) + 3 = 7

May 15, 2017 3:57 am
The drakes follow after the urds, but aren't quite able to catch up.

Bughu is able to take out two more and Jon catches the last one with an arrow, dropping it just before it rushes down another tunnel.
OOC:
You win, but there are still six sleeping kobolds here
May 15, 2017 1:32 pm
Erich looks to Bughu and gestures towards the sleeping kobolds, quirking an eyebrow as he draws his thumb over his neck.
May 15, 2017 3:56 pm
Bughu moves to the kobolds, drawing his scimitar to ensure each one gets a lot of rest. He keeps an eye on the direction of the drakes, lest they double back during his task.
May 16, 2017 2:16 am
As you down the final Urds, the drakes move to them and begin eating the corpses.
May 16, 2017 3:31 am
Mryio grabs another lasso pole and makes his way down the stairs. He gestures to the drakes that they're free to go and may leave when they finish their meal. He'll then make his way to the other set of stairs and check for the stair traps with the lasso pole.
May 16, 2017 4:32 pm
Jon still isn't sure he can get used to cutting sleeping throats -- even kobold throats -- but as he watches the drakes consuming the slain urds, he reminds himself that there is always renewal of life in death, after a fashion.
OOC:
Thanks for rolling for me, having a hectic week.
May 16, 2017 10:54 pm
Mryio doesn't see any sign of traps in the eastern stairs. Once he reaches the bottom, he sees that it opens into a large room with a set of stairs going east and a passage going southwest.

This chamber has been enlarged and reshaped from its original form. The floor and three of the walls are smooth, and stalactites and stalagmites have been polished into gleaming columns. Every surface glistens with moisture, and the air is warm and humid. The flat walls of the chamber are decorated with shallow abstract carvings of dragons. Dragons’ tails coil into intricate patterns and
knots that flow across the walls. The creature portrayed in the northwest corner stands out: a five-headed dragon, rising from an erupting volcano. Other dragons, which seem dwarfed by the five-headed monstrosity, flock to its side. A small, wooden chest with silver and mother-of-pearl inlays sits on the floor in the corner, in front of the monstrous dragon carving.

Mryio moves silently, and sees a half-dragon and two large, burly human warriors standing in center of the shrine, about 30 feet from the entrance to the room.

Rolls

Mryio stealth - (1d20+1)

(19) + 1 = 20

May 16, 2017 11:20 pm
Mryio returns back to the group "There is two more pathways down there and three more creatures, a half-dragon and two large humans. There is also a wooden chest, inlaid with silver and pearl. Could this be where they keep the egg you're looking for?"
May 16, 2017 11:23 pm
Bughu continues walking amongst the sleeping kobolds, silently tendering their "resignations."
May 17, 2017 1:55 am
Erich nods quietly. It would make sense. What's the best approach with the three there. Likely they won't be as terrified of drakes eating them and I don't have the oomph left to drop a large number of people in enchanted sleep.
May 17, 2017 2:41 am
"I will make my presence known and offer them the chance to avoid a confrontation, our previous encounters have left my hopes rather low but it is still something I must do; after that, the course we take is up to them. If anyone needs a pick me up before we begin, I can help."
May 18, 2017 6:22 pm
OOC:
Ready to move on?
May 18, 2017 6:32 pm
Having finished his gruesome task, Bughu rejoins the party. "Is this chest bigger than the halfling?" he whispers, indicating Jon. "Otherwise I doubt it contains what we seek. These cultists have a hatchery, and a chest seems like an odd place to incubate an egg."
May 18, 2017 11:08 pm
"No, from where I saw it, it was small but we don't have much of a choice than to go down there. We only have two paths, the fungus path back near the entrance of the cave or this one. Might as well finish this path before exploring a new one." Mryio whispers back.
May 19, 2017 12:17 am
Bughu nods, ready to proceed.
May 19, 2017 2:46 am
Mryio pulls out a mushroom and eats it "Very well, get ready." He makes his way back down the stairs.

He raises his arm in a wave "Ahoy. Might I interest you lot in a simple chat? Any boy can swing a sword, it takes a man to know when to use it though. Which side do you three fall on?"
OOC:
Lay on Hands to bring me back up to full.
May 19, 2017 4:40 am
Bughu tries to stay back in hiding, readying his longbow to cover Mryio.

Rolls

Stealth - (1d20+5)

(6) + 5 = 11

load next

Thread locked