Chapter Two: Dragon Hatchery

load previous
Apr 26, 2017 7:27 pm
OOC:
If no one objects, Mryio will do the same thing down the other set of stairs, prodding each one with the pole as he descends.
Apr 26, 2017 7:30 pm
The wooden stairs overlooking the ledge in the north are closed by a wooden gate. Do you want to open it?
Apr 26, 2017 7:34 pm
OOC:
Sure, I'll wack it open with the pole if possible.
Apr 26, 2017 11:32 pm
Bughu covers Myrio's advance, eyes on the lookout for any guards or cultists.
Apr 27, 2017 12:55 am
Erich stays close to Bughu, not wanting to bring the wrath of creatures down onto the group.
Apr 27, 2017 2:35 pm
Mryio descends the stairs, torch in hand. As he reaches the bottom, he sees three creatures at the back of the room. They move into the light, revealing them to be some sort of wingless drake. They are about 6 feet long and have very sharp fangs in their mouth. They see that Mryio is not one of their handlers and move to attack.
OOC:
Mryio wins initiative, so he can get out of the area and close the gate without being struck!

Rolls

Mryio Initiative - (1d20+1)

(15) + 1 = 16

Enemy Initiative - (1d20)

(12) = 12

Apr 27, 2017 5:53 pm
OOC:
Were Bughu and Erich not behind me?
Apr 27, 2017 6:09 pm
HypCo says:
OOC:
Were Bughu and Erich not behind me?
OOC:
From the sounds of it, they stayed topside to watch over you as you descended. You can definitely stay to fight if you want to.
Apr 27, 2017 6:12 pm
Bughu is by the gate, hand crossbow ready to fire. He is mindful of the possibility that Myrio will withdraw, so he waits until he cannot stay his hand.
Apr 27, 2017 6:29 pm
Mryio makes his way back up the stairs and shuts the gate behind him "Three large wingless drakes rest in that room, it looked like a dead end."
OOC:
What kind of gate is this? Like, does it have any viewing holes, feeding holes, or holes to stick the lasso pole into?
Apr 27, 2017 6:50 pm
The drakes follow Mryio into the view of everyone, but don't even attempt to pass the gate. The gate is nothing impressive and is easy to see beyond as it only blocks the stairs, not the 10 foot drop to the area where the drakes are kept. There is a wooden bar you can drop across it to better hold it closed.
Apr 27, 2017 6:53 pm
Mryio will pick up two of the five dead kobolds "Let's see how loyal these creatures are." he makes his way back to the gate and tosses the bodies over.
Apr 27, 2017 6:54 pm
Bughu whispers, "So long as they don't alert the others." He looks for passages they have not visited yet.
Apr 28, 2017 2:01 am
The drakes happily, and quickly, consume the kobold bodies. They then stand at the bottom of the cave, waiting patiently for more food.
Apr 28, 2017 4:07 am
"This gives me an idea." Mryio walks over to the pile of kobolds "How badly do we need to get into the room occupied by the twelve faux dragons?"
Apr 28, 2017 4:18 am
"I don't know how these caves are laid out, much less what the cult has decided to put inside," says Bughu. "Our objective is the hatchery; whether or not it is beyond this gate is unknown. What are you planning?"
Apr 28, 2017 5:26 am
Mryio scratches his chin "To show compassion, to who though is to be decided. Just keep your aim true for now; I'll also need one of these legs severed, if one of you can lend your edge." Mryio will carry a kobold body over to the gate and await for a severing to take place.
Apr 28, 2017 12:32 pm
Erich watches with a mix of horror and fascination as the dragons devour the kobolds. He says little, opting instead to watch the magnificent creatures eat.
Apr 28, 2017 4:06 pm
Bughu draws his scimitar and commences with the butchery.
Apr 28, 2017 8:25 pm
"Very well, positions than. I will go into this room and attempt to coax the drakes out with the leg." he pauses and points to Bughu "Bowman, you will cover my descent, in case things don't go as planned." He then points at Erich "Elf, you will stand by the other door and await for the outcome of my mission. If it is a success, you will offer the faux dragons down there to leave peacefully or become food for these hungry drakes; if it is a failure, move in to assist Bowman." He looks at Jon in thought "Small one, bring the rest of the bodies to the opposite side of the Elf then stand behind him; hopefully that is enough to dissuade them to trying to eat you."

Mryio waits for everyone to get into position or finish questions before opening the gate.
load next

Thread locked