Worldcarrier Sigma OOC thread

load previous
May 9, 2017 1:26 pm
Yes, I think that's great! My two previous characters were basically lawful cops so I'm trying to play someone a little more callous and mercenary, even if they're likeable to some degree.

edit: so contrast is fun!
Last edited May 9, 2017 1:49 pm
May 9, 2017 4:41 pm
Okay I accepted Kree just now and put an image in to serve as her sheet. I could do the same for Dr. Z too but honestly I like the text one MoldyNolds put together and don't want to overwrite it!
May 9, 2017 6:02 pm
Thanks! I can be kind of a freak when it comes to organizing and neatness, especially for RPG stuff :)
May 10, 2017 12:16 pm
So is this guy saying he wants to remove the radiation shielding, or is he reassuring us that it won't come off by accident? And we still think our plan was seize the cargo?
May 10, 2017 1:25 pm
You could ask him, but by his tone you're pretty sure he means it in the "this job won't do itself" sense. The party was told only that they had to upload the virus to allow the cargo holds to be pilfered: all these recent events don't fit in to what the client told you at all.
May 10, 2017 2:22 pm
Well that is villainous indeed.
May 10, 2017 8:46 pm
Hey Ringo, you still with us? Just checking we haven't heard from you in a couple days.
May 11, 2017 12:29 pm
Might Kree have found anything useful from her quick search of the technician's pockets, by the way?
May 11, 2017 3:07 pm
Sorry I completely missed that! Kree would've found a cheap multitool and a personal communicator.

I'll hold off on updating IC until Ringo gets a chance to catch-up, I've already posted twice without letting Nerves get a word in...
May 11, 2017 7:50 pm
I'm sick and house hunting so I am way out of brain right now. If you guys can keep rolling without me a few more days I would be grateful.

Maybe Nerves is hacking something or under telepathic attack that keeps him mute. I trust you Ed
May 12, 2017 5:01 am
Not to worry. Shall we just assume that Nerves is on his way to uploading the virus anyhow? After all it's what we've been paid to do ...
May 12, 2017 12:48 pm
If you're okay with that Ringo then it sounds good to me. Good luck and feel better!
May 13, 2017 6:20 am
All right, we can maybe declare that Nerves is off quietly gaining access to the terminal while everything else is going on. I'll make an IC post later tonight...
May 13, 2017 7:25 pm
THIS. IS. SIGMA!
May 13, 2017 7:26 pm
(I couldn't help myself)
May 14, 2017 4:13 pm
I'm thinking while this is going on Nerves is maybe trying to contain the virus? He introduced it to the system at the very beginning but quickly realised that it's potentially devastating to Sigma's entire utility network.

But, on the upside, maybe the virus has overwhelmed so many security protocols that the party might be able to deactivate the elevator in the time Dr. Z bought them.
May 25, 2017 8:39 pm
Sorry about the late IC reply there, had back-to-back night shifts and it's been messing me up. On a tangent: I'm wondering how to approach the whole "radiation hazard" thing in an in-universe sense.

Dr. Z and Nerves should both be highly resistant to it according to the fluff, but, well, Kree is base-human. It'd just be a lot easier for all concerned if we could handwave it and say the whole party can survive a not-insignificant level of exposure to radiation. So although the mechanics don't really reflect it I wonder if Kree has a similar (if not quite as good) tolerance level due to conditioning and Legion implants or something? She almost certainly has some sort of minor, low-level nanite filtration stuff to circulate her stims, so maybe it's connected to that.
May 26, 2017 2:44 pm
Can you recover from radiation exposure in-universe? Surely that's not beyond the magic of a futuristic medbay. I don't know how long it'll be before this prologue ends, but presumably it shouldn't cook her so thoroughly she won't be able to smile for the cameras.

Not to worry about late nights, I've been there. Sucks real bad.
May 29, 2017 12:54 pm
Oh dear, still no sign from Ringo and I think MoldyNolds might have had to bow out (or maybe it's just a temporary absence, not certain). Not quite sure where to go on from here, might be time to pack it in and try again some other time
May 29, 2017 2:08 pm
My apologies, life just got all crazy on me. Let me try to catch up today
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.