Worldcarrier Sigma OOC thread

load previous
Apr 19, 2017 12:49 am
Ringo says:
Hey Iriah! Kree vs Nerves!

Whaddaya say?
I've always wanted to punch a hologram to death. Bring it on!
Apr 19, 2017 7:57 pm
I'm not 100% sure how player-vs-player combat will resolve but hey, this is a play-test after all. To the victor go the spoils*

*There are no spoils
Apr 20, 2017 2:36 am
https://i.imgur.com/t7S7ul2.jpg
This first image is definitely my favorite. Technically I think this works for the Desz (no eyes or nose and the mouth does take up most of the face that is visible) but I'm not really sure. Does this fit for the style of the Desz? Or any alt-human race in Exigency?

https://i.imgur.com/7sdyNPF.jpg
This would be a pretty cool doctor image if I wanted to just go normal human.

https://i.imgur.com/rsGmVpf.jpg
This was my original thought for a Desz. He wears the plague doctor mask so he doesn't horrify his patients or anyone else he meets :)

Thoughts?
Last edited April 20, 2017 2:41 am
Apr 20, 2017 7:54 pm
I think all three would fit in the setting, although that's not exactly helping you to narrow it down! As for Desz specifically, I imagine they can wear pretty much any mask/face covering they want without really impacting their vision, because they don't "see" so much as detect electrical fields.

Desz are quite rare and while some people aren't unsettled by them, I think it's probably likely that many of them tend to wear hoods/masks/whatever while out and about for varied reasons (might also be cultural and traditional, depending on their tribe). And maybe Dr. Zephyr finds it useful for people to assume he's a human (or at least an alt-human with eyes and a face!) under his gear.
Apr 21, 2017 2:28 am
Sounds good to me, if you'll accept the first image as a Desz than I think that'll be Dr. Zephyr!
Apr 21, 2017 10:08 pm
Awesome, I really like that first image
Apr 22, 2017 6:44 pm
Not sure how to narrate PvP! It's all a bit new to me, but if people want I can be descriptive as well as just providing the stats and rolls. I just don't like stepping on any toes, especially as in this system losing HP is so abstract it can be basically anything the player wants.

An ion weapon is a good choice for an F-attack against a Desz: seeing as they're strong against electricity in much the same way the Kerenth are strong against radiation, it means in-universe all those shots could hit Dr. Z but still be more a nuisance rather than a big threat.
Apr 23, 2017 3:02 am
I have a question, as I read through the arena posts I noticed Edcrab has been making all the rolls. Just wondering why the players don't roll their own moves?
Apr 23, 2017 3:52 pm
I am really really lazy
Apr 23, 2017 7:26 pm
Actually this is the first time I've played this game on a forum with a dice roller. I mean, for regular non-pvp gameplay it's been easy to let Ed do the rolls and then describe the scene. But we could try a more player-created narrative too? Anybody got an opinion?
Apr 23, 2017 7:42 pm
Haha, honestly I'd been treating the simulation as something of a tutorial and rolling myself just to help with these early stages where people are getting to grips with the mechanics. But I can go either way, depends entirely on what everyone wants.

And Iriah: I've reworked the Brawler aspect because after some consideration I've come to agree that the old version was a bit over-nerfed. The Edge power in particular was underwhelming. So, new version! Hopefully a bit more potent and flavourful. You can still take Splash if you don't want it, but I thought I'd mention it seeing as Dr. Zephyr has Splash already (and I guess his explosive attack having it makes a little more sense, no offence to Kree's martial arts skills).
[ +- ] Brawler Old and New version
Apr 23, 2017 7:51 pm
I always prefer to roll my own dice and narrate my own successes & failures, but that's just me!
Apr 24, 2017 4:30 pm
Hey Edcrab no rush whatsoever, but I have a char sheet ready to submit your pic of the layout whenever you have time to update the changes.
-Class: Alchemancer
-Splash instead of Rumble
Apr 24, 2017 5:21 pm
Good thinking, but unfortunately I don't think GP supports images in character sheets yet, so it'd just have to be a text post plus a link to the image...

Did you decide on an "explosives" speciality rather than "demolitions", by the way?

http://imgur.com/puLyJ4d.png
[ +- ] Plain text
Apr 24, 2017 11:36 pm
I think when I started playing in, what, 2011? 2009? Can't remember. But back then there were fewer system documents and I had no idea what the various rolls where. And everyone was just letting Ed roll for them anyway. So I went with the crowd.

Here's to Ed, for interpreting many years' worth of posts from flavour into system!

edit: New brawl is cool! I think the Guard in the passive doesn't quite fit with the Executioner tree, but the EP is so crazy powerful I'd take it anyway. Interpreting it literally it seems like even the mob you target ends up attacking themselves, which is hilarious. "What's that, Campaign Boss? You've got the Ion Phase Cannon aimed at my homeworld? Well, hold on one sec ..."
Last edited April 24, 2017 11:40 pm
Apr 25, 2017 10:47 am
Yeah I was a bit iffy on the guard component: my initial thought was that the counterattack triggered only on mob attacks, but then I thought to tweak it slightly and let it activate on any missed attack as long as the user had spent a guard action (a guard action with Advantage to boot, if there's a mob in the tile). Being defensive doesn't really fit the Executioner list but taking advantage of mobs definitely does!

So, unfortunately Klone has had to leave us. thatguy2 is going to see if he can finish his character but to my understanding he has finals coming up and may be a bit pushed for time so might have to leave too.

Granted the last play test campaign had only three PCs by the end, but it'd be nice to have a fuller party this time! I'll have to see who else we can drum up...
Apr 25, 2017 12:11 pm
Totally make sense that you'd want more for a playtest, but I personally would be fine with the 3 of us. Seems like a good group here, I really appreciate the fact that all 3 of you put some extra flavor text and descriptions into your posts! That's not always the case in some of the other PbP games I'm in...
Apr 25, 2017 9:36 pm
Oh I just want to make sure, but Opportunist's Spend ability - it uses up the Exploit on that target, right?

So in the arena, Kree got massacred but no longer has an Exploit to be used against them?
Apr 25, 2017 9:38 pm
Yeah, that's correct. I'll maybe go edit the wording of the aspect to make that more explicit...
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.