Worldcarrier Sigma OOC thread

load previous
Apr 26, 2017 12:57 am
Hm. Instead of spending the Edge or the Lethal, can I spend Warpath? Or would I have to spend the Edge to stay in the game, and then use Warpath.
Apr 26, 2017 11:01 am
It'd have to be Edge then Warpath, yeah. Reading the description it never specifies whether it can be used as an interrupt (i.e. during someone else's turn) but maybe that'd be an interesting change to make to differentiate it from a Surge? Something else for testing to determine, although I think Warpath is one of the stronger aspects already.

Anyway, if you use Warpath, both Dr. Z and Nerves gain Disadvantage on their skill rolls for 2 turns.
Apr 27, 2017 2:48 am
Cool magool.

I'm fairly keen to begin the campaign. Unless we have a line on anyone else who wants in, could we try to start sooner rather than later and anyone who comes late can be found mid-adventure? I think I joined partway through act 1, once upon a time.
Apr 27, 2017 10:27 am
That's true, and since everybody else seems to be okay with it I think I'll put the IC thread up in a day or so.

One thing I might ask Keleth about is what setting I need to change to make the game public: everything seems to be set to public, but when I log out I can't see the E:WS game on the "Game Forums" list. But weirdly I can still read all the threads if I have a direct link to the forum, so not sure what's going on there.
Apr 27, 2017 1:01 pm
I saw it early on but later when I tried to search for it, I couldn't find it. Funny, that!
Apr 27, 2017 2:28 pm
In other news I've just made a "Feedback thread" (similarly to that of the first campaign) just for a place for people to present ideas for mechanics, whether it's major upheaval of the resolution mechanic or something as simple as an idea for a new aspect, etc
May 1, 2017 7:42 pm
Would I be able to activate the passive spend of the enhance aspect on Kree and Nerves (and myself?) or can I only activate it on one person at a time?
May 1, 2017 7:49 pm
I think it's entirely reasonable to think Dr. Z had some prep time/extra materials going in to this, so sure, everyone starts with Enhance applied. Critical range is 17+ (or 16+ in Kree's case) until a critical hit is rolled.
May 2, 2017 4:42 pm
Yay! It's starting!

I will maek poast in the next couple hours when I get home
May 3, 2017 9:51 am
I've just had confirmation from thatguy2 that he needs to drop out too, so it will indeed just be the three of you to start with. Three should be okay, I hope!
May 3, 2017 9:54 am
Bummer, but I'm sure we'll manage. If you haven't yet posted something in the Games Tavern you may want to consider that if you're looking for additional players to jump in.
May 3, 2017 12:27 pm
Hang on, we are supposed to be uploading the virus in the primary reactor control centre, right? I just realised I'd been unconsciously flipping between that assumption, and another that the ship had a separate bridge or CIC. But that's probably not the way the ship the size of a small moon or whatever works.

Rip thatguy2, we hardly knew ye :(
Last edited May 3, 2017 12:27 pm
May 3, 2017 12:27 pm
Yeah I might go bump that old thread, and in the meantime I've posted in the bug forum because more than one person has pointed out that the WS forums aren't showing if they're not logged in. It's a bit weird as everything is showing as set to public on my end and I never had this problem with The Old Guard, but there's every chance there's some little setting I've missed somewhere

Iriah: the party in this instance is heading towards the control decks, which are the parts of the sprawling engineering complex that are actually accessible to regular crew. You'd be right in thinking there's a bridge, but that's more just an arbitrary command hub where all the top-end officials meet and plan: all the actual work happens in the control decks, and that's where you're going to upload the virus.

Put short: I'm not going to shout "AH HA!" at the last second and say you've all gone to the wrong place :p
May 3, 2017 1:01 pm
Haha, of course not. I was just trying to remember whether I was dutifully following a breadcrumb or making my own cunning plan.
May 4, 2017 6:44 pm
Can't say I've settled on Nerves' particular quirks of speech, but I'm pretty happy with how clunky that line is
May 7, 2017 1:12 pm
Time for our tram to arrive? Unless we have a tram fight, which is always fun.

I'm imagining this old chestnut playing quietly over the speakers: "Good morning and welcome to the Black Mesa Transit System. This automated train is provided for the security and convenience of the Black Mesa Research Facility personnel. The time is 08:47 AM. Current topside temperature is 93 degrees, with an estimated high of one hundred and five. The Black Mesa compound is maintained at a pleasant 68 degrees at all times."
May 7, 2017 5:03 pm
LOL, yes! That was an indescribable feeling in the back of my head and I wasn't sure what it was...
May 7, 2017 7:01 pm
Cool, I'll advance things in a bit. On a tangent I notice that so far only MoldyNolds has submitted a character: can everyone else try submitting theirs, even if it's just a blank page? I think I was wrong about the character sheet, it must support images now: and if that's right, it means it's pretty simple for me just to use img tags and recycle the existing pngs.
May 7, 2017 7:19 pm
Yea for some reason you can upload an image for a character portrait but not anywhere else on the site.
May 9, 2017 12:50 pm
Just in case you guys haven't figured it out yet, I'm playing Dr. Zephyr pretty straight-laced and ignorant of the seedier side of the universe, especially when it comes to stealth missions and deception.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.