AND AWAY WE GO!!!!

load previous
Jun 2, 2015 2:40 am
AND WE’RE BACK!!!

Csinos:
Your attacker drives you back grunting and spitting narrowly splitting you in two.

You take 4 points of Damage (Might).

BOOM!
You are able to counter and land a blow to her side which she left open with her wild attack You feel and hear a crunch from inside her armor as your strike lands true. She is knocked back and bellows a war cry as she turns to come back at you again! She grips her sword with two hands and lunges forward.

17 gets you one more point of damage. For a total of 5 if I’m reading that right.

Roll a defense (Might or Speed depending on you) target roll 9. 4 points of damage on a fail. You may follow up with another action as well.

Kalsii & Polaria:
You follow the impressions in the ground. They go down the road and turn toward the edge of town. As you make the turn you hear the very familiar sounds of battle coming from a residential pod off to the right. A female’s war cry and the the clanging of swords on armor. The impressions in the ground continue on before you.
Jun 2, 2015 9:51 pm
Seeing the attacker lunge towards him, Csinos attempts to jump to his right while countering with his own attack.

OOC: Is the 4 I took before or after taking armor into account?
EDIT: Going to burn my XP for another attack roll. Still have 1 XP I need to give away.
BALLS! I guess the 2 for my attack will have to work
Last edited June 2, 2015 9:53 pm

Rolls

Speed Defense - (1d20)

(16) = 16

Sword Attack - (1d20)

(2) = 2

Second attack Roll - (1d20)

(1) = 1

Jun 2, 2015 9:52 pm
Kalsii stops for a second, and then points towards direction of the combat sounds.
"Do you hear this, honey? We must rush there. Someone spilling someone's blood, it seems!" - she tells to Polaria.
She increases her pace and running towards direction of fighting noise.

ouch that second attack chance! :S
Last edited June 2, 2015 9:57 pm

Rolls

Perception (1-2 skills active (-1 to 2 diff )) - yes, thats how you going with perceptives ;) - (1d20)

(6) = 6

Jun 3, 2015 1:34 am
Csinos:
Sorry. You will only take 2 points because of your armor. She pretty much does a static 4 with her sword.

She easily parries your attack aside and with a guttural grunt lowers her shoulder into your sternum attempting to knock you back violently into something solid. (Roll defense Target: 9). A fail will result in 3 points of damage but only 1 after your Armor and some other "thing" so if you fail please hold off. If you succeed you may make an action as normal as you are able to absorb the blow in whatever manner you choose.

You can also hear Balda's breathing steadying a little as she seems to be slowly coming to.

Kalsii and Polaria:
You are both able to get to the front door where you can clearly hear violence. There is the clanging of weaponry and the grunting and shouting of frantic combatants. There is also a low humming coming from around the corner of the residence. Most likely imperceptible to anyone other than the two of you.
Jun 3, 2015 2:12 am
Out of position after his failed attack, Csinos finds himself being driven back by his attacker and attempts to spin away.

Breaking free from his attacker Csinos notices Balma starting to move, "She's going to be up and around here in a few, I might just have to bail before that happens... but one more crack at this one first...".
OOC: Speed defense will be made with effort. [2 points from the pool with edge]. I'll roll and edit accordingly...
Last edited June 3, 2015 2:16 am

Rolls

Speed Defense [With Effort] - (1d20)

(11) = 11

Attack Roll - (1d20)

(14) = 14

Jun 3, 2015 4:25 am
The swiftness Polaria moves with is remarkable. With few steps, she has pulled ahead of Kalsii. She draws her weapon without slowing down a bit, points quickly towards the corner the humming is coming from, and rushes is through the front door. With a quick glance, she tries to asses the situation, evaluate who, if any, she should be attacking.
Jun 3, 2015 6:14 am
Now Kalsii follows Polaria, investing all her atttention into perception and analysis of situation and possible threats.

Rolls

Perceptive rolls, pls apply Kalsii skills which are applicable - (1d20)

(10) = 10

Jun 4, 2015 2:38 am
Csinos easily slips the charge while simultaneously slashing at and connecting with a separation in the back of her armor. The Ice covered blade sings and digs deep into her upper back and her body goes limp as her momentum carries her into the door. It explodes outward as her lifeless body ragdolls through onto the road landing in front of Kalsii and Polaria. As the body rolls to a stop on her back you both see Caila, the guard who offered you a position with the Outriders earlier, cough up blood through her dying breath as the spark of life fades from her eyes.

Kalsii and Polaria: As you peer through the door that just shattered you can see a man who looks a bit worn from battle with the slumped body of a mildly shaking female guard who appears to be struggling to get to her feet.

Csinos, as the body of your slain foe crashes through the door, you see the two "Heroes of White Lake" Hervan mentioned as possible allies in your task standing just outside the doorway. Balda has gotten to her hands and knees, but is still struggling a bit. She will be back to normal very soon and appears to be trying to say something to the two women but can't quite pull the words together.

And by very soon, I mean pretty much after whatever immediate interaction occurs between the 3 of you at this point.
Jun 4, 2015 4:17 am
Polaria stops by the door, her dark eyes darting around the room and taking everything in. Barely half a breath is gone before she spins around and slips again out of the door, and rounds around the corner to explore whatever was humming just a moment ago.
Jun 4, 2015 10:51 pm
OOC: Does Csinos actually recognize them or do they just appear to me more guards?
Jun 5, 2015 3:04 am
szemely says:
OOC: Does Csinos actually recognize them or do they just appear to me more guards?
Yes, Csinos would recognize them as the ones who saved all those people from the Grush attack a few weeks back. These are the Women Hervan was referring to that might be able to help you flush out the Convergence in the town. Not having any real ties to the community he felt pretty confident that they hadn't been compromised...yet.
Jun 6, 2015 12:55 am
Kalsii:
It's very clear to you that this man standing inside the doorway lives here. It is also very clear that he is more than capable of defending himself against two town guards who are highly trained combatants. As one of them (Caila) lies dead at your feet, and the other looks to you to maybe be poisoned in some way. She is coming around however and is trying to say something to you through gasps of air.
Jun 6, 2015 1:05 am
Polaria:
As you leave the scene abruptly and turn the corner to the side of the residence you see a silver cylindrical device attached to the outer wall of the house. It is giving off a faint hum that pulses in time with a pale blue light emitting from a slit that runs the length of the device. There are two buttons, one on each side of the cylinder towards the top. It's a little shorter than foot in length.
Jun 6, 2015 1:30 am
Kalsii makes another scanning around the room, and calmly asked the man in front of her:
"I take it you are living here? Did you had some guests? Didn't believed that guards here behave like Stirthal Thyrns, but i think i suspected it already, so i do not find myself surprised. We came to help, and i guess and hope you are the one who needed it?"

She slowly came closer to poisoned guard, and sat down into squatting position, turned her face towards guard's face and said with same calm tone: "You got drinks that you did not expected, huh? Tell me what you wanted to tell..."
Last edited June 6, 2015 1:30 am
Jun 6, 2015 7:23 am
Polaria stares at the strange device for a moment. Then she turns, again, and strides back into the house.

"Ummm. Sorry, but-- Do either of you understand Numenera?" she asks, looking very awkward for interrupting Kalsii's conversation. "There is something odd out there."
Jun 6, 2015 5:53 pm
Csinos pauses for a moment to catch his breath before answering Kalsii's question. "I would hardly call these two guests. More like intruders." Finding a spot to sit down and motioning towards his dead attacker he continues, "This one had snuck in while I was asleep and Balda awoke me while knocking on my door. Obviously to distract while the this one came at me from behind."

Listening to Kalsii question Balda, he adds, "Not a drink, just a small injection of poison from a well hidden needle. It should just about be wearing off."
Csinos will take an action to make a recovery roll.
Last edited June 6, 2015 5:54 pm

Rolls

Recovery - (1d6+1)

(3) + 1 = 4

Jun 6, 2015 7:29 pm
Kalsii turned towards Polaria and said:" I do not know much about numenera, but I can guarantee that I could disable it. It won't function then, but it will be unreversible. If this is something we could use then my help will make it useless. However if it something bad I can disable that. I'll be happy to do that, actually. That is what i normally do with majority of numenera devices"
At the same time, while talking, she pulled rope from her backpack and tied hands of the poisoned guard behind her back, linking it to guards neck and chin. She took her heavy spiked whip and strangled lightly guard's neck , causing light pain to the guard
"Old job. It follows me." - Kalsii added, pulling her whip lightly, causing another pain wave to the guard.
She positioned herself behind the guard, and bowed towards her, touching guard's ear with her lips.
"Now we'll talk, right?" - she said playfully into the guard's ear.
I take that such actions could cause light damage to the guard
Last edited June 8, 2015 11:27 am
Jun 7, 2015 3:41 am
Balda struggles helplessly against her bonds and when the spiked whip is applied she lets out a pathetic whimper. A trickle of blood forms around one of the spike’s points of contact and her breathing turns slightly panicked as her eyes begin to dart from side to side. A tiny centipede looking creature begins to emerge from the outer corner of Balda’s right eye. She strains and looks like she wants to cry out as the creature struggles to rip itself out of the eye socket. As it finally wriggles free and falls to the floor, Balda lets out a gasp and begins to sob softly. There is a static discharge from the Centipede as it spasms and stops moving.

Kalsii is the only one who sees the Centipede at this point. But Csinos and Polaria definitely can see the physical reactions from Balda.

As Balda is restrained, we are out of combat.

Gimme a roll, Kalsii. To possibly identify what you just saw. And feel free to continue the dialogue. If you point out the Centipede to Csinos and Polaria, You both can make a roll to identify as well.
Jun 7, 2015 5:19 am
Kalsii attention moves onto centipede, and she points on it with her thumb and shouts "Look!"
She is trying to analyze and remeber, to recall what it could be about.
"It just came out of her eye!" - she adds waving with her head towards restrained guard.
Last edited June 7, 2015 7:45 am

Rolls

Identify (Trained) - (1d20+3)

(15) + 3 = 18

Jun 7, 2015 8:32 pm
Polaria blinks, confused, and she shrinks away a bit. She takes a step back and slides into the shadow of the doorway, looking awkward and embarrassed. She peers at the centipede, but is too far away to make heads or tails about it.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.