AND AWAY WE GO!!!!

load previous
Jul 12, 2015 6:31 am
Kalsii seems distracted by something from the current topic of Csinos and Polaria talk, and asks : "So back to that numenera..... Should i make one disabled? "
Jul 12, 2015 6:48 am
"One outside, but it's harmless. Lets you walk through walls", Polaria says and shows the rod she is carrying. "Identical to this one. Either of you want to take it from me? I'm carrying too many."

Then she glances at Csinos. Her gaze is intensive, almost hostile, but otherwise she seems very awkward about the attention to her and her deeds. "Yes, we-- helped to stop some of the Grush. Seemed necessary. Nothing more to it."
Jul 15, 2015 3:10 pm
Balda responds to this:

"Seemed 'necessary'?? You two are heroes to the citizenry. You saved a lot of people. The Grush came out of nowhere, completely alluding our outriders. The Priests took some of the bodies to the Clave to study...maybe find out where they came from. Father Anieph was able to discern where a small tribe of them were located. We easily wiped them out.....Come to think of it, our last injection was supposedly a result from studying them....Something about the Grush's regenerative abilities."

Everyone please make an Intellect Roll. Basically recalling Information about Grush's.
Jul 15, 2015 7:10 pm
Polaria shifts uncomfortably at Balda's words and walks to the doorway. She leans against it, her arms are wrapped about her chest.

"Inj-- injections? What injections?" she asks.

Rolls

Intelligence - (1d20)

(17) = 17

Jul 15, 2015 10:27 pm
After hearing Balda's statement Csinos realizes that Polaria's initial reaction to his question had more to do with humility than trying to hide any part of the story and decides not to ask any more questions about it.

Drawing his blade he walks behind Balda and starts to cut her free. "I take it you don't need to be warned about making any sudden movements, right?"

Rolls

Intellect Check - (1d20)

(12) = 12

Jul 16, 2015 5:11 am
Kalsii stops and triues to recall small details, eyeing the Balda being un-tied.
Last edited July 16, 2015 5:12 am

Rolls

Int Roll (trained - recalling things/remebering details) - (1d20+3)

(1) + 3 = 4

Jul 16, 2015 4:48 pm
"I don't think I COULD make any sudden movements after being tied up like that" Balda says as she flashes a look at Kalsii. "Thank you for untying me. Now, clearly my squad has been compromised and I don't know what the hell is going on other than they expect me and Caila to be bringing you (Csinos) in to the Clave for questioning. I'm not so sure I should be following that order anymore.... what are you going to do now, and how can I help?"

Results of Rolls:
Polaria and Csinos. Something is definitely off from Balda's explanation of the Grush attacks. Grush don't "elude" anything. They are unorganized low intelligence abhumans that could be considered just stupid mindless brutes. You HAVE, however, heard of instances where they were used as "soldier slaves" by warlords and the like, manipulated by more intelligent influential beings to act as pawns as it were.
Jul 19, 2015 4:09 pm
"So, Balda, what do you think would happen if you were to bring me into the Clave for questioning? Might be a way to get some information..."
Jul 19, 2015 4:36 pm
"And what were those injections that you mentioned?" Polaria asks. "These priests sound-- I don't know-- odd?"
Jul 20, 2015 12:41 am
Balda, while rubbing her wrists, she addresses Kalsii while gesturing to the Wall:

"That Cypher is used. You could drain what power is left while it's active I suppose. They made a few. They all work the same, just on different surfaces. The one on the outter wall here was made for the material that makes up most of the housing in White Lake. I think this other one Caila was carrying works on Stone if I'm not mistaken. One of the Priests would know....and Caila would have known too..."

Addressing Polaria:

"Injections are not actually uncommon..At least for the Guard and Outriders. It's for our protection mostly. We come into contact with a lot of unknowable dangers. Before Anieph, and Rone showed up to help, Alon was the only Priest and he did all of the injections from research on the Numenera that was returned...and most often the bodies of Outriders who were exposed to something strange that we weren't prepared for." She lowers her eyes at this, thinking for a moment, then continues. "When Anieph and Rone arrived, we were all led to believe it was to help Alon in his advancing years. Rone has been the one giving the injections lately, but it's been said that Anieph has been taking most of the research and experimentation off of Alon's plate. Preparing for, you know, when he takes over for Alon completely. Injections are only about once a month or so. If this last one has compromised the city then there is no telling how many Guardsmen and Women are effected."

Glancing back at Csinos:

"I honestly don't know at this point. My orders were simple, bring you in for questioning about your 'alleged' Convergence affiliation. The Convergence is dangerous. We don't like taking chances that rumors are false. This is the Beyond. You can't go picking and choosing what rumors to believe out here...everything could be true. So if you are truly NOT Convergence, maybe nothing would happen. Have you been approached by anyone, or spoken to anyone about the Convergence, Csinos?"
Jul 22, 2015 4:26 am
"When we saw the priests--", Polaria says slowly, thinking back while she's talking. "--the old one was the one talking. Seemed to be in control. Know the name Callard Sebane?

"Oh, and feel like walking through walls?" Polaria shows the cypher she is holding. "I don't need this."
Jul 22, 2015 4:52 am
"Well, i could take that, then. "
She takes the object and examines it.

I take it is cypher? Making roll in order to determine full details including item level.
Kalsii changing flex skill to Numenera expertise.

Rolls

Numenra expertise (trained) - (1d20+3)

(15) + 3 = 18

Jul 22, 2015 7:31 pm
Kalsii:
What Balda mentioned is accurate. This Cypher, when activated changes whichever surface it is attached to to a liquid form allowing anything to pass through it. From the one attached to the outer wall of Csinos' home it appears to effect an area about the size of 2-3 medium sized creatures. You can't be sure what type of surface this particular Cypher is tuned to, but Balda did mention it was tuned to stone. It has it's one use charge in tact and is a level 3 Cypher.

(OOC: Keep in mind that you also have 2 Cyphers on your person already. The one on the outer wall is still active as well.)

Polaria:
Balda answers you "Callard Sebane is what they are calling that thing that came into town today. We had reports of shakes and tremors from a lot of residents before the Priests came and did....whatever it is they did. Looked like his skin was made of something...something I've never seen before. You guys were up close...what did he say?"
Jul 22, 2015 7:47 pm
Kalsii whispers to Csinos :
"I think it's better to make your house safe again" - she smilers and goes to the device attached to the wall.

She puts her hands on the cypher, and her eyes roll betray the joy she experienced from that.
There is a visible energy flow, which flowes from the device into her hands.

Kalsii uses Drain Machine. Final use cost is 1 Int, which should be replenished from first minute of the drain. She is unharmed so i guess all excess points will be wasted, but at least she have some joyful sensations :P :)
Jul 22, 2015 7:51 pm
"I know Callard Sebane arrived today. I was there", Polaria says. "But you don't know the name from before? The priests seemed to know him. And he didn't say much - just asked where he was."
Jul 22, 2015 9:38 pm
Csinos acknowledges Kalsii's help with a quick nod and a smile before answering Balda, "No one has talked to me about the Convergence directly, no. I still think our best option may be to have you capture me. Might learn something from what they ask me and it will keep them thinking that you're still under their control."

Csinos takes a final drag from his cigarette before throwing it onto the floor and stamping it out and thinking, "Don't think I'll be staying here for a while."
Jul 23, 2015 4:24 am
Polaria weights Csinos's words for a moment. Then she shrugs and looks at Balda. "You need help in capturing him?"
Jul 23, 2015 4:37 pm
Kalsii:
Oh, the Sensations! You drain the device and can clearly see the composite wall return to it's original rigid surface. The Cypher has been spent and is basically a hunk of metallic material now.... It felt very nice for you...In fact... You still hold the other Cypher from Caila's body....sooooo.....

"BLAM!!!
(GM Intrusion: You cannot help yourself..There was something different about this drain... THE GLORIOUS SENSATIONS!!! You NEED to drain the other one as well. 1 INT cost (edge) Ability replenishes Might or Speed according to your sheet. -- You have 1 xp so you could spend that to ignore the temptation and refuse the intrusion, or take 2 xp and drain the other as well. If you accept you will need to award 1 xp to another player while keeping one to yourself. Csinos still has 1xp to give away too.)

Balda speaks to Csinos and Polaria:
"Capture you, huh?"....she thinks on this for a few moments... "What about these two?" She gestures to Polaria and Kalsii. "If you all think something is up with the Clave then we'll need all the help we can get. Maybe we could say they helped bring you in?"

Addressing Polaria:
"We certainly needed help before. If he wants me to bring him in under the guise of being captured I'm sure it would help if the heroes of White Lake helped. That's just what I think...Good way to get all of you in the Clave without suspicion."
Jul 23, 2015 6:26 pm
Kalsii can not resist the tempation, and soon , when active, almost drained initially device stops working, she quickly grabs the second, full, not activated yet device, and starts to sap the energy from it. It brings her vivid sensations and her eyes roll again.

GM intrusion accepted
Jul 23, 2015 9:36 pm
OOC: Flipped a coin and the extra XP goes to Polaria. Don't spend it all in one place!
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.