A Time for Harvest Gameplay - Chapter Three

load previous
Feb 26, 2018 2:58 pm
OOC:
There are more than the two of them. They were attacking on the fourth floor as well. We need to clear this building slowly, methodically, and safely. I'm waiting to see if the attack us or just attempt to corner us, but either way we need to seize the innitiative here, and quickly.
Feb 26, 2018 3:22 pm
OOC:
Gotcha. Assuming they're clamoring at the door to the stairway, should we bust down the door in their faces and try and fight them down the stairs if we're trying to seize initiative? Go down the elevator and come up behind them? Also, I probably should have initiated this conversation in character. I was trying to get game master clarification but, since we're here...
For Christ's sake, there are MORE of them? Doc loads his rifle and considers his options - the elevator, the stairs, and the young men he's been thrust into danger with, haunted and harrowed. Down the stairs, or the elevator? Or are we just going to wait here and let them make chum out of us?
Feb 26, 2018 3:26 pm
OOC:
Mathis can't answer you until I find out what he is hearing, answer will come as soon as possible.
Feb 26, 2018 4:02 pm
Returning to the stairs, you hear banging on the door but it doesn’t look like it’ll give way anytime soon.
Feb 26, 2018 4:13 pm
"They are attacking the door on the stairs, lets use the elevator to sneak up on them. Then we attack on mass and hope for the best."
Feb 26, 2018 4:19 pm
Maybe half of us should go down, half stay here. The group that goes down can surprise them from behind, then once they're engaged, the group up here can open the door and assault them from the top of the steps.
Feb 26, 2018 4:27 pm
"That puts us inline and shooting directly as each other. The other group would need to stay down the hall and shoot them when they tried to run through the door. We need to make a decision and go now though."
Feb 26, 2018 4:35 pm
OOC:
Well, hopefully none of are gonna be fumbling rolls regardless. A successful hit is a successful hit, whether we're in line of each other or not...

Knifesedge, two questions:
1) Did the elevator seem safe to carry 6 people down at once?
2) Is the door to the 6th floor hinged to open towards the stairs or the landing? It would be awesome if we could bust the door open in their faces to push them down the stairs lolol.
Feb 26, 2018 4:50 pm
OOC:
sorry, military background makes me overthink rp combat alot. I'm game for however the group wants to attack this.
Feb 26, 2018 4:50 pm
OOC:
Elevator could probably hold 6
Door opens away from the stairs
Feb 26, 2018 5:00 pm
OOC:
No worries, I'm down with logistics, but there's always a chance you're gonna shoot your teammates in CoC no matter how well you plan, aha.

Okay, now that I'm thinking about the elevator, my concern is that they hear the elevator going down and come around to meet us,
and then the elevator doors open and we're in a worse position than we are up here. My final vote would be to split into two teams to try and disorient the baddies and split their focus at the very least, if not be able to get a good drop on them. If friendly fire is really a concern, we could send a group down, attack them from the back, draw them down the stairs and into the hall, and then send the group down from the 6th floor for the double whammy surprise.

That's my vote, but I'm officially overthinking this as well, so I yield the rest of my time lol.
Feb 26, 2018 5:06 pm
"I like your plan. Lets split. Ill lead the team that goes down the elevator, you guys attack from up here. Open the door and attack when you hear us start shooting."
Feb 26, 2018 5:13 pm
Roger. Who’s going down and who stays here?
Feb 26, 2018 5:14 pm
Bill grabs a nightstick, the shotgun and a pocket full of shells. He loads the shotgun and chambers the rounds while dropping some of the shells on the floor. He realizes there is no way out of this room, but the door they came in, "We are trapped in here!"
Feb 26, 2018 5:15 pm
"I'll go." Eugene has no idea what choice is better for him.
Last edited February 26, 2018 5:15 pm
Feb 26, 2018 5:20 pm
"The monsters are stopped at the door to the stairs down the hall, we will be ok."
Feb 26, 2018 5:47 pm
Mathis, Eugene and Larry take the elevator, we’ll clear the stairs.
Feb 26, 2018 7:01 pm
Mathis takes his team and heads down the elevator.
"When we get to the bottom lets get beneath them and open fire at the same time. Take your time and make sure your shots are hitting."
OOC:
is there a system to slow down to increase rolls?
Feb 26, 2018 7:21 pm
OOC:
I don't have my core rulebook handy, but I don't think there's any explicit mechanic for like "taking aim" as you're describing in 7E. However, from p. 221 of the Investigator's Handbook:
Quote:
The rules don’t limit your options in combat. If you want to do something other than a straightforward attack with the goal of causing physical harm, you can do so—just describe your actions and intention to the Keeper.

Perhaps you are outmatched and want to use your wits to gain an advantage. Instead of making an attack on your turn, you have the option of setting a goal to achieve something else. Usually part of this goal would be to gain an advantage on your opponent—perhaps a bonus die on your next roll or a penalty for your opponent. What your investigator wishes to accomplish will determine the roll required—probably a skill or characteristic roll (the Keeper will decide, if it’s unclear what roll should be made).
Last edited February 26, 2018 7:22 pm
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.