West Marches Style: Bringing Us Together

load previous
Oct 3, 2017 2:51 pm
acox89 says:
No I like the cohesion it brings and I agree that the tracker would be useful. I think my comment was more about the implementation and I may have been confused by wording.
I think you hit the nail on the head, how do we implement it to be useful :)
Oct 8, 2017 12:09 am
One thing I tried to do in my Exalted game to keep track of turn order in combat was to use the post title. So (using the Advanced Post editor) I would prefix the title with Round XXX, Tick YYY. It was ok, but the title resets to Re: THREAD TITLE on the next post. It would be nice if the edited title would carry forward rather than the thread title.

If this is how the title behaved you could just prefix that title with Day: XXX and you could track it at a glance.
Last edited October 8, 2017 12:10 am
Oct 8, 2017 12:58 am
rather than cobble game mechanics into to title, having a sidebar would be great. Add custom text and collapsable notes would go a long way in keeping scene relevant details readily available i stead of having to click back through several pages of combat or open up a separate thread where that stuff is posted.
Oct 8, 2017 12:16 pm
Agreed, I was just trying to offer a solution that may be an easier lift from a coding perspective.
Oct 9, 2017 12:51 pm
Heh, a lot of ideas, too much to parse through. I think we'll need a bunch of new threads in Site Discussions, each for a different idea, with some details on what it would be like agnostic to West Marches along with how it'd benefit this project.
Oct 9, 2017 12:51 pm
Heh, a lot of ideas, too much to parse through. I think we'll need a bunch of new threads in Site Discussions, each for a different idea, with some details on what it would be like agnostic to West Marches along with how it'd benefit this project.
Feb 7, 2018 11:19 am
This sounds awesome. I only recently came back to Gamer's Plane. I also consider myself to be a semi-decent DM if that helps? Any slots left?
Feb 9, 2018 1:11 am
Being a DM would help eminently. Invite sent.
Last edited February 9, 2018 1:12 am
Feb 10, 2018 3:48 am
Would definitely play. Sincerely doubt I have the chops to DM in this.
Feb 13, 2018 6:50 pm
Hey just a quick update if you are a player in the West Marches game and do not currently have a character I am going to do some house cleaning tomorrow and purge you for space. I'd like to keep the game open to people who want to play and we're almost at max capacity.

Thanks
Mar 13, 2018 2:34 pm
Could I still be added to this campaign?
Mar 14, 2018 1:25 am
Sure! See HypCo's last post above for the link.
Apr 4, 2018 4:19 pm
Would this be something a new player could do. I would like to get in on this if I can.
Apr 4, 2018 8:02 pm
Sure! It'd honestly be a great environment to learn the game. Link is a couple posts above you.
Apr 4, 2018 8:02 pm
Sure! It'd honestly be a great environment to learn the game. Link is a couple posts above you.
May 21, 2018 11:07 pm
I withdraw my request to join.
Last edited May 22, 2018 9:27 pm
Jun 1, 2018 3:09 am
I applied to this game, curious how it has been progressing / what sort of levels people are and how it is working out?
Jun 5, 2018 2:00 am
Hey! I applied. I have no experience with 5e other than having looked through the books but I'm looking forward to this grand experiment.
Jun 14, 2018 4:11 am
I applied because this kind of big, sweeping thing sounds really interesting to me. A bit chaotic, perhaps, but fun all the same and not something I've been apart of before. New to 5E, but I can generally learn pretty quickly with the rulebook(s) at hand.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.