West Marches Style: Bringing Us Together

load previous
Aug 3, 2017 12:34 pm
I sent an application! Really want to play this game! Let's explore!
Aug 4, 2017 4:38 pm
The first adventure for the gritty low magic West Marches is underway. New PCs can still join up, but that window will be closing later today. (You can still join, but you'll need to organize a separate exploration party.)

http://gamersplane.com/games/728/
Aug 24, 2017 7:32 pm
This looks and sounds really cool! I have applied to the Venatus game.
Aug 28, 2017 9:11 pm
Welcome young explorer. Hop aboard.
Sep 15, 2017 12:28 pm
Sorry I am a bit new to this thread as I had a hiatus from GP recently. Can I ask some questions about it here?
Sep 19, 2017 7:14 pm
Okay so is it a special game with dozens or hundreds of players? Or is it several different games that are in the "same world". Also how does it work when you move from one group into another in terms of leveling? Do we have it so that there is great variance among the level of the players in each party?
Sep 21, 2017 12:30 am
Hey Nik! Welcome to the game community.
It is a special game and it does have dozens and could hypothetically have hundreds of players. That said, it is several different games running simultaneously in the same world and possibly overlapping. When you move from one group to another, you join together with others of your same level. Depending on how many adventures a character goes on, there could hypothetically be a great variety of levels among player characters.
Sep 23, 2017 9:31 am
We've only just begun, so at this point everyone is still level one. Though I expect those of us that survive our first adventures (RIP Malark), will be 2nd level by the time we get back to town. So at this point the variance won't be too big.
Sep 23, 2017 7:45 pm
Well I would love to be a part of it. I was looking for a 5e game to possibly join on here now that I am back on the site. How do I get started?

Also one more question (for now I suppose), is it that you are only in one group at a time, or are you in multiple groups at the same time? I'm assuming more of the one-at-a-time thing, but thought it worth asking.
Sep 24, 2017 12:47 am
Apply here, possibly shoot a PM to Apex to tell him you're interested and that you applied.

It is one group at a time per character, I believe.
Sep 24, 2017 2:51 am
How would one go about "earning" unearthed arcana and whatnot? That just a future possibility?
Sep 24, 2017 2:58 am
You would quite literally unearth the knowledge. There is a thread where you can request an unearth arcana feature, race or class. Through that thread the GM's will try, at some point, try to figure out how it can fit in the world.
Sep 24, 2017 3:00 am
Quote:
We've talked some about how other class/race options could be unlocked through play. The general consensus is that the GMs will do their best to make that happen organically through play. For instance, during an adventure a party liberates a small dwarven tribal village that has battlerager barbarians. That might now make that option available for players.

I think it could be helpful to have a curated list of class/race options that people are interested in. Please limit it to a list of things you expect to be actually playing in the foreseeable future. Feel free to add those in this thread and I will curate the list here. If it's already been mentioned, still say that you want it so we know that more than one person is interested.

Also, to save me a little time, please add a page reference or link to the UA source. Thanks!

DISCLAIMER: Adding something to this list does not in any way mean that it absolutely will get unlocked, but I think it's fair to say it improves the chances since the GMs will be more aware of it.
Straight from a thread detailing that, I'm not 100% sure where it falls into your character development though.
Sep 28, 2017 5:57 pm
This sounds super interesting! Hopefully I am not to late to join.
Sep 28, 2017 11:56 pm
Nope, you're not too late to join; apply here. If you're fast enough you could make it in time to join the party that has gathered at the tavern and are getting ready to leave.
Sep 29, 2017 1:52 am
Yeah already applied just waiting to be accepted :)
Sep 29, 2017 4:16 am
Sorry, having internet issuses at the moment. Have been trying to approve you for a while now.
Sep 29, 2017 5:40 am
Al Gore should have made a better product...

If you think it would be beneficial for me to withdraw and re-apply just let me know :)
Last edited September 29, 2017 3:15 pm
Sep 29, 2017 2:51 pm
As this is REALLY growing, I need to talk to GMs/players for this to help figure out what I can do to support the project in the GP redesign.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.