Chapter Three: On the Road

load previous
Dec 4, 2018 3:10 am
They speak no common, and want to know why we invaded. What's the best answer for them, if I need to deliver one? Erich says before relaying Bughu's statement and question to the bound prisoners.
Dec 4, 2018 9:33 pm
"Invaded!?" Leema exclaims, taking exception.

She draws her dagger and kneels next to the bound lizardman.

"I. Was. Brought. Here." she says forcefully, taping the hostage's scales with the flat of her blade to emphasize each word.
Dec 6, 2018 12:27 am
The lizardfolk ignore Bughu, looking at Leema, "You came to our land," it says, "We have rights to take you as a prisoner. You are foreign invader. These are not human lands."
OOC:
I assume that Erich will be happy to translate all
Dec 6, 2018 11:15 pm
Leema, still squatting next to the prisoner, sheaths her blade.

"None of us want to be here" she says slowly, waiting for Erich to translate before continuing.

"It's the recent odd behavior of you scaleys that have forced us to investigate."

She stands up drawing her sword as she does and points it at the lizardman's throat.

"Now answer the question. Where did you come from?"
OOC:
Leema is attempting to be intimidating

Rolls

Intimidation - (1d20+4)

(9) + 4 = 13

Dec 7, 2018 12:16 am
Bughu assists Leema in her interrogation by drawing his scimitar and thwacking the lizardfolk across the cheek with the back of his blade.
OOC:
Using the Help action to grant Leema advantage.
Dec 7, 2018 2:53 am
Erich does indeed translate anything said in both directions, ensuring to use the strongest possible versions of the language when telling the lizards what his physically aggressive companions are saying.
Dec 10, 2018 5:43 pm
OOC:
Sorry about the delay, work has been busy lately, but should be slowing down now
"Our tribe has always lived on these lands," the lizard replies, "Many, many generations of our people have lived and died in this land."
Dec 10, 2018 9:36 pm
"It seems something may have been lost in translation" Leema mutters under her breath as she pushes the tip of her sword against the lizard’s throat.

"From where were you and the others returning?"
Last edited December 10, 2018 9:36 pm
Dec 11, 2018 12:25 am
Bughu sheathes his scimitar. "Find out what you can. Where they came from, what they do here with the supplies from Carnath Roadhouse, any primary movers and shakers that make all the decisions. I suspect this is part of the supply chain where the cultists transfer all their loot, since those fellows no longer seemed interested in keeping tabs on the crates.

"I'm going to keep watch on the perimeter, in case they send folk in waves."
Bughu readies his crossbow and looks for a vantage point to become a lookout.
Dec 12, 2018 1:56 am
"Or they might not know anything. Just keep that in mind."
Dec 12, 2018 2:19 am
Bughu nods to Xalana. "Good point. But whatever they do know, like where they came from, should still come in handy."
Dec 12, 2018 3:02 pm
"We come from human castle," the lizard responds, "Worshipers of Tiamat. We are paid well for simple delivery job."
Dec 12, 2018 4:31 pm
What were you meant to deliver? Erich asks, thinking on their worship of Tiamat.
OOC:
I can't remember because I suck, but did the blue half-dragon guy that got whalloped earlier worship Tiamat as well? Or did we not find out during our interrogation?
Dec 12, 2018 5:02 pm
OOC:
I don't remember if you specifically asked, but the answer is yes
"Coins, art, other treasure," the lizard responds, "They'd paid us in iron equipment. Weapons, armor, and tools mostly."
Dec 12, 2018 5:44 pm
Who is they? As specific as you can be, please. Erich says, eyes casting a much darker tone than his words do.
Dec 12, 2018 6:59 pm
OOC:
It's been a while, so I might have a few details mixed up or mistaken. We do know that the Cult of the Dragon is doing something with all the loot, and we found out that they're taking it to a castle (I think Xalana read someone's mind for that piece of information).

Lennithon the Blue (a dragon that asked us to recover her egg from the hatchery near Greenrest) told us about Rezmir, whom I believe is a woman that wears purple. I think Rezmir is leading all of this, but I don't recall if we ever met or saw her in person.

As for the worship of Tiamat, I think we all inferred that with how fanatical the cultists were. Even Lennithon was unwilling to cross Tiamat, despite her indifference to our conflicts with the cult.
Dec 12, 2018 7:44 pm
OOC:
You have it right. You have never met Rezmir and know little about her besides her relative status within the cult and the color of her clothing
"Humans, mostly," the lizard shrugs, "You all look much the same to me. Never bothered learning names."
Dec 13, 2018 11:37 pm
Listening intently to the translated conversation Leema realizes that the others have been dealing with Lizardman threat much longer than her and her battalion. She backs away from the prisoner and sheaths her sword, moving in closer to Xalana.

"Just how long have you been dealing with the activities of the scaleys?"
Dec 15, 2018 2:26 am
"Just a few weeks, maybe? Feels like a lot longer, to tell you the truth. The rest of them have been at it even longer than me. I was sent to help... smooth things over for them. I'm the friendly face that opens doors, ya know?" I give her a playful grin. It's the gnomiest.
Dec 15, 2018 4:26 am
"A useful skill" Leema responds, misinterpreting Xalana’s meaning. "Not any lock-pickers in my battalion. A locked door that needs to be open simply gets busted down. Not as subtle as your technique, but it gets the job done."
load next

Thread locked