Octagon - Another Purpose - Game Thread.

load previous
Jun 1, 2015 9:34 pm
"I'm not afraid of how fast they run. But I will heed the advice of our guide."
Jun 1, 2015 9:46 pm
"If this Orosomia can indeed help us defeat the Avatrols the let's get this trap set." Nyom looks over the terrain, looking for a good place to lie in wait once the Avatrols move towards the plants.
Jun 1, 2015 10:03 pm
"Well, we still do not have proper idea how to lu....." - Zinobia stops, watching Ronna going towards flowers, thinking abit, and then shouting to her.

Dear! Exuse me, solitary loner for my rudeness at times, you are nice person to have you nearby. If my, and your darts will fail, that does not mean we could not help. I have an idea. I find that plant, and you... you could be the one who could lure avatrols, without any risk for anyone's life. That trick, one you did with the hounds. If you could do few like those, you are the perfect person to have such important task.
If i find the plant, you can pop it with your dart, and then watch them coming. All you need is to make your jump close to canal's edge, and they, enraged, will almost certainly follow you. they are less cautious, and you just with proper timing can flee to any place. Or even towards flowers. May be ones who will not fall with their charge on you into the liquid, will follow you into the flowers. You will need few jumps like that, i suppose... Could you be so kind to help? I assume it is tiring matter, but by being our lure person you are saving someone's life, that i telling you for sure. I know what those beasts capable of."

Then he stopped. He turned towards the hill, and started his search to find some signs of Orosomia plant. He walked up abit, carefully scanning surrounding ground.

He did not found any trace of plant close to the gray platform and the canals. He said some curse about some kind of damned avatrol butt , and continued his search. He went further towards hill top, throwing swift glances towards Ronna, waiting for her reaction.

Party members might do their turns.
They could help Zinobia, or any other player to prepare upcoming battle, take positions, talk, whatever they want and need. Even rest abit.
Mandoric Seskii, and Zinobia did not found any plant in close 40 meters distance, and Zinobia came close to hills top.
Mandoric could send his Seskii to walk and help to Zinobia to find a plant.
Lucas need to substract -1 to his Might pool due another hour passed in his armour from moment when it was substracted last time

Rolls

Search for Orosomia (Trained) - (1d20)

(5) = 5

Jun 2, 2015 2:14 am
Jax decides its probably best to help Zinobia find this orosamia plant. He's seen a picture before in a medicine book back in Iscobal. Before he became a warrior he seriously considered becoming a field doctor.

"Possibly I mat be of assistance Zinobia. my eye is as just. Let me help you find this Orosamia. My training has served me well in the finding of things as small as plants to as big as creatures. Then again maybe another set of eyes will help speed things up.

He smiles and begins searching for one of these plants in the nearby field as well
Last edited June 2, 2015 2:14 am

Rolls

Finding Orosamia - (1d20)

(15) = 15

Jun 2, 2015 9:34 am
Lucas jumps to relative cover, trying to stay 10-20ft away from the shore.

I go ahead and flex jumping for the day.

Lucas jumps from one ledge to another with no problem.

He draws his bow once he gets into position.
Last edited June 2, 2015 9:35 am

Rolls

Jump First Difficulty 2 Jump - (1d20+3)

(17) + 3 = 20

Jump Second Difficulty 2 Jump - (1d20+3)

(10) + 3 = 13

Jun 2, 2015 2:08 pm
Ronna stops and turns to face Zinobia. She crosses her arms across her chest and regards him with a dark look in her eyes.

"Boy, you sure don't know how to talk to women, do you?" She fails to keep the fear and nervousness out of her voice, the words coming out in quick, fleeting bursts. "Alright, I'll do it. Let's just agree in detail where I should lead them and where I can hide afterwards."

She glances around and tucks her fingers under her belt. "So what does that flower look like?"

Rolls

Searching for the flower - (1d20)

(15) = 15

Jun 2, 2015 2:42 pm
Mandoric's eyes turn from Lucas, who has bounded apparently effortlessly across to a platform in the canals, to Jax and Ronna looking for Orosomia, to Zinobia, finally settling on his seskii. He hands the reins of his seskii over to Zinobia, saying as quietly as possible "Don't let my animal near ... her.", looking across to Ronna.

In a louder voice so all can hear he says, "I think Zinobia's plan is sound, for Ronna to lure the avatrols first towards the Orosomia, and then towards us in our relative safety on the canals. "But," he gulps, unable to hide his trepidation, "someone is going to have to help me across even those few canals - I have not the ability of Mr Cloudscraper."

As an afterthought, half to himself he says looking at his companions,"Did anyone get any of that Orosomia on them when it exploded back there? My seskii would have a much easier job if she had a trace to pick up the scent."
Last edited June 2, 2015 2:43 pm

Rolls

Seskii - second attempt to find Orosomia - (1d20)

(12) = 12

Jun 2, 2015 10:01 pm
Nyom, still looking over the terrain for nice ambush spot, also scans the area for Orosomia.

Rolls

Looking for Flowers - (1d20)

(13) = 13

Jun 2, 2015 10:10 pm
Everyone who attempted to find the plant , suceed.
Meeting Zinobia questioning gaze, party confirmed sucesfull finding with triumphant silence and shine in the eyes, and muted smiles, which signaled to Zinobia, reporting suscess..
There stripe of them growing, going as chain from nearby Sephoria flowers field at the north up to the hill top, dissapearing, and then there is another chain descending from the hill towards southern parth of the gray shore platform.
Jun 2, 2015 10:32 pm
Zinobia met eyes of party members, enjoyed the triumph of the moment, descended abit towards Mandoric and Jax, and broke silence.
"Ha! So we have it. Great job. "
Then he examined the shape of growing chain near the flowers, and another one, at south-west part of hill top, where Nyom and Mandoric Seskii walked.
He descended bit more and said quite loudly to ensure that all the party members will hear him.

"They are in our pockets, our friends. If we get lucky you will have some skulls, and perhaps, if you will not damage it too much, some precious hide. I know how to skin them.

So lets summarize our plan.

First - our dear Ronna. I think the best spot to stand is just there"
- he pointed to certain point near the shore of the canals, which had equal distance to northern and hilltop Orosomia chains.
"You will need to spend your darts abit, and aim precisely. From the spot it is hard to hit, but i think you will have for more 1 well-aimed, or two swift shots after you hit first flower. I advise you to well-aim your first dart shot, you do not need to hurry with it.
We will hear whistling sound of their skulls. Remember - more flowers you hit - more enraged and less cautious they will be. If they are not they could be cautious, and stop before they enter Sephoria field or charge towards the canals. They are savage beasts, but they do know the dangers of this place on the instinct level. Orosomia turns mutes them down, and that will help, alot.
As the closest ones will close on you and will be something like 10-15 ft from you, make your trick. They, most likely, won't be able to stop, and at least the first ones will fall into the canals.
You can do your jump trick towards Sephoria, that may lure another one into the flowers. Remember - 10 to 15 ft."

Then he turns towards Jax, Mandoric and Nyom - " i think we need to be further than the shore line. Deeper... Further inside, than Ronna is. All of us. Not on the shore. Perhaps on platform which is accesible after one jump into the canals maze. This will ensure that the avatrols wont be distracted by our close presence and wont prioritize to attack us.
Once their quantity will be lesser by two at least, we should jump back to the platform and engage them. We need to create the wall for our Ronna - so she will be able to jump third or forth time right behind us, so we will separate her from leftover of enraged beasts. Then she will be able to care about us with her wondrous touch, isn't , dear Ronna?"
- and he turned towards her, smiling warmly, like rigid, musculine but caring father.

"Lucas, you will have plenty of time to hit them with your arrows, just care to leave something for the hides"

He waved to signal to anyone to take their places.

Zinobia switches Flex to Balancing.

"Lets start then." - he said and jumped to the passage platform, and then waved again to others, inviting to follow him, stretching his arms towards Mandoric, suggesting that he is going to try to help him with jumping and balancing on the platform.
His eyes turned towards party on the shore, waiting for their jumping, position and reactions to what he just said.

Ronna could aim precisely first shot at Difficuly 3.
If she fails first hits, she just loses darts, which she could try to recover later, and can re-try till she hits first plant.
If she hits first plant she have 1x Diff 3 shot or 2x Diff 4 shots to try to activate more one or two Orosomias.
Counter for those attacks starts only when first flower is being hit.
All the action series could be rolled in one action post.
This is long action, which could contain longer preparation for other members, but only one post. You can edit your posts, mentioning updates with OOC remarks.
Zinobia offering hand for jumping fellas and calling everyone except Ronna to jump to him.

Rolls

Jumping (trained) - 1 difficulty - (1d20)

(10) = 10

Jun 3, 2015 6:23 am
Ronna breathes deeply and stretches her neck. She walks to her starting position and fiddles for a while with her dart thrower, making sure it is ready for action. Then she turns to watch the others, waiting for them to get into position. She walks and acts calm, but it's easy to tell from her posture and serious face that she's very nervous, probably scared too.
Jun 3, 2015 6:46 am
Mandoric and his seskii attempt to jump across the canals, aided by Zinobia.

Rolls

Mandoric jump & balance - (1d20)

(15) = 15

Seskii jump & balance - (1d20)

(12) = 12

Jun 3, 2015 10:01 pm
game waiting for Jax, Nyom actions. Lucas is in position, so he could skip the round, if he wants. If Lucas wants to skip just make some post about that to indicate his turn is over in this round, thanks :)
Jun 4, 2015 12:16 am
Lucas takes his time to set his sights and calm his nerves. This will be an interesting fight.

He also removes the rope from his pack and prepares a knot to tie to an arrow.

Not actually tying the rope yet just getting it ready as a quick slip so it doesn't take multiple turns.
Last edited June 4, 2015 2:22 am

Rolls

Future Quick Tie Knot - (1d20)

(19) = 19

Jun 4, 2015 2:08 am
Nyom will follow closely behind Mandoric and get herself into position.

Rolls

Jump and Balance (Trained in Balance) - (1d20)

(4) = 4

Jun 4, 2015 3:28 am
Jax also leaps behind Mandoric. The sudden use of his energy tires him a bit because he hasnt seen this much action in awhile. got to take a better job at keeping myself in shape. He takes a few steps back before leaping across the canals.

Rolls

Jumping and Balance (Trained in jumping) - (1d20)

(18) = 18

Jun 4, 2015 4:11 am
Ronna readies her dart thrower and looks towards others. She forces herself to chuckle at the fact that they are behind the canals, while she is standing alone in the middle of a field, about to enrage a herd of beasts she has absolutely no chances of stopping. Then she waits for Zinobia's signal.
Jun 4, 2015 4:51 am
"So we are ready."

He turns to Ronna - "We should start. Calm your nerves, and aim well. After first flower hit you have two swifts or one well-aimed. Once they are 10-15 ft from you, leap towards flower field, and if some of them follow you, try to lure them into flowers and then leap out. Perhaps you might need four leaps in order to be behind us once we are on the platform. Make third leap to the hill top, it will be far and will get you into relative safety after flowers leap, and will make good position for leaping into position behind us."

He turns to others - "We must act as soon as Ronna leaps first time, but not earlier. We must go to the platform, and fight remaining avatrols, creating solid barrier for Ronna."

He nods to the group on the canals walls, and then crosses his eyes with Ronna's, giving signal to start.

Ronna acts first actions. Once voiced by Zinobia requirements are met , others should do their actions (as advised by Zinobia).
Ronna could do all shooting at one action, or split it, and if party will follow Zinobia advise, the game will look like series of posts between GM and Ronna till Ronna jumps out first time
Jun 4, 2015 5:38 am
Ronna breathes in deeply and extends the arm her dart thrower is attached to. After the first shot hits, she affords a slightest of smiles and takes two quick shots, one after another, trying to break even more flowers.

After she is done, Ronna quickly turns to the right direction, kneels and readies herself for her esotery. Looking over her shoulder, she steels her nerves and swallows emptily, waiting for the avatrols to come close enough.
Last edited June 4, 2015 5:40 am

Rolls

Shoot dart at the flowers - (1d20)

(17) = 17

2nd shot at the flowers - (1d20)

(7) = 7

3rd shot at the flowers - (1d20)

(7) = 7

Jun 4, 2015 7:00 am
Soon after first shot Ronna, and then all the party, heard growing whistling sound, which became really loud when Ronna was finishing her last shot.
Then they came, running with incredible speed, they immediately noticed Ronna and charged towards her. They were six, three were in front, and then more three followed them with a gap of three meters or so.

Ronna, calming her nerves, in order to stay calm and not to make premature leap, now noticed, that first three avatrols are at required distance. Now. She should perform her leap now.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.