Octagon - Another Purpose - Game Thread.

load previous
Jul 12, 2015 6:25 am
Two Mastigophores launch attacks against Jax.

All party back to their sences. Jax have two atacks incoming.

Seskii was not able to distract Mastigophore, as Mastigophores are very concentrated and dedicated creatures, which are extremely hard to distract from their goal/action.

Please be sure you updated all the changes of previous turns in your sheets. Cheers.
Please also note Impaired effect where applicable.
All party members should do their turns.
Jul 12, 2015 6:26 am
Zinobia ferociously attacks the second guardian once more, but misses.

Rolls

attack - (1d20)

(11) = 11

Jul 12, 2015 7:00 am
Lucas's reactIons are lightning quick. His missing strike is whirled around into another attempt. His body twists and turns with agitated footwork. His forgery is halting as he swings wide.
Last edited July 12, 2015 7:01 am

Rolls

Broadsword Attack - (1d20)

(5) = 5

Jul 12, 2015 4:04 pm
Nyom, recovering a bit after being hit, once again lashes out at the closest guard with her spear.

Rolls

Spear Attack [With Effort for Damage - 8 damage if hits] - (1d20)

(3) = 3

Jul 12, 2015 5:28 pm
Mandoric sees the situation is very, very bad. Near desparation, he and his seskii attack the magistophore which Zinobia is attacking, hoping to give the nomad the necessary advantage.

Giving Zinobia benefit of "the one, two, three", ie +1 which should tip the balance this round.

Rolls

Mandoric attack (whip 2 dmg + 1 max if over 17) - (1d20)

(10) = 10

Seskii attack - (1d20)

(10) = 10

Jul 12, 2015 6:45 pm
Ronna glances longingly over her shoulder towards the bunker. Then she grimaces and rushes towards the fighting. She reaches out towards Mandoric, hoping to get a chance to touch him, possibly give him a small boost with her healing.
Jul 12, 2015 7:11 pm
The guardians mercilessly attack Jax with their wicked whip-hands.
Using his shield and his skills he were able to fend the attacks out.

Rolls

defence - (1d20)

(8) = 8

defence - (1d20)

(17) = 17

Jul 12, 2015 7:12 pm
Guardians attack Jax once again.

All players should do their turns.
Jul 12, 2015 7:14 pm
Zinobia attacks the guardian again.
This time his Yulk hit lands on the guardian, and manages to damage mastigophore's organic flesh.

2 damage (4+1-3) dealt by Zinobia after taking into count target's armor
Guardian 1: 66% health - attacked by Nyom and Lucas
Guardian 2: 80% health - attacked by Zinobia, Mandoric and Mandoric's Seskii

Used copperative attack bonus (it didnt changed a thing this turn though).

Rolls

attack - (1d20)

(17) = 17

Jul 13, 2015 4:08 pm
Mandoric and the seskii, out of other options, continue their hopeless attacks, and their support of Zinobia.

Rolls

Mandoric attack (whip 2 dmg + 1 max if over 17) - (1d20)

(17) = 17

Seskii attack - (1d20)

(3) = 3

Jul 13, 2015 5:01 pm
Lucas's style becomes increasingly erractic the closer he stays to the Mastigophore. His movements are unpredictable as he turns and twists and jabs and swings.

Rolls

Broadsword - (1d20)

(6) = 6

Jul 13, 2015 5:01 pm
Ronna reaches to touch Mandoric, trying to heal him a bit. However, in the midst of the combat, she is unable to reach him for long enough.
Last edited July 13, 2015 5:02 pm

Rolls

Heal Mandoric (2nd time today: difficulty 3) - (1d20)

(3) = 3

Jul 13, 2015 5:20 pm
Gargoyle says:
Ronna reaches to touch Mandoric, trying to heal him a bit. However, in the midst of the combat, she is unable to reach him for long enough.
I think the healing works different way (i am pretty sure it is) - each heal (for any character) is +1 difficulty. If you did healing 5 times already this means it increases difficulty by 5.
Jul 13, 2015 6:24 pm
BlackStork says:
Gargoyle says:
I think the healing works different way (i am pretty sure it is) - each heal (for any character) is +1 difficulty. If you did healing 5 times already this means it increases difficulty by 5.
Quoting from the rulebook (page 75):
"This ability is a difficult 2 task. Each time you attempts to heal the same creature, the task difficulty increases by one step. The difficulty returns to 2 after that creature rests for ten hours."

To me that would seem to say pretty clearly that the cumulative penalty is target specific. It's a rather weak ability even like this (I think Ronna has managed to heal a grand total of 3 points so far). Piling on the penalties for every single heal would make it essentially worthless.
Last edited July 13, 2015 6:25 pm
Jul 13, 2015 9:52 pm
Nyom will once again attack Guardian #1 with her spear.

Rolls

Spear Attack [with Thrust, 6 damage if hits] - (1d20)

(11) = 11

Jul 14, 2015 5:07 am
Gargoyle says:
BlackStork says:
Gargoyle says:
Quoting from the rulebook (page 75):
"This ability is a difficult 2 task. Each time you attempts to heal the same creature, the task difficulty increases by one step. The difficulty returns to 2 after that creature rests for ten hours."

To me that would seem to say pretty clearly that the cumulative penalty is target specific. It's a rather weak ability even like this (I think Ronna has managed to heal a grand total of 3 points so far). Piling on the penalties for every single heal would make it essentially worthless.
You are right. Ok. :) Thanks, and alright
Jul 14, 2015 5:08 am
Jax defends - Mastigophores continue to focus him. Twice his shield saved him from being struck by whip-hands of his attackers.

Rolls

defence 1 - (1d20)

(8) = 8

defence 2 - (1d20)

(8) = 8

Jul 14, 2015 5:14 am
The battle goes on.
Everyone axcept Mandoric fail to land their hits on very agile and armored mastigophores, surrounded by their constantly moving, dangerous whip-hands.

Mandoric made precise hit with his whip, but it landed, and seemingly was deflected by plate armor, covering big percent of the guardian body surface.
2+1-3 = 0. It counts towards cooperative action though (but did not made effect yet).
Jul 14, 2015 5:15 am
Zinobia attacks once more. His hit misses as his Yulk hisses and cuts empty air not far from guardian's torso.

party should do their moves. Jax defences are really great, and he is "tanking" for now.

Rolls

attack - (1d20)

(8) = 8

Jul 14, 2015 5:35 am
Ronna grits her teeth and tries to reach at Mandoric again, but is unable to do so. The lifetime of avoiding combat and confrontations has not prepared her to keep her wits about in a situation like this.

This dice-roller hates me.
Last edited July 14, 2015 5:36 am

Rolls

Heal Mandoric (3rd attempt today - difficulty 4) - (1d20)

(3) = 3

load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.