Octagon - Another Purpose - Game Thread.

load previous
Jul 16, 2015 5:50 pm
Ronna turns and rushes to Jax. She kneels beside him, trying to push his shield to him. See if he has any weapons she could perhaps use, even though she does not really have any experience with such things.
Jul 17, 2015 2:59 pm
Nyom continues to attack the first guard.

Rolls

Attack 1 [w/pierce 6 damage if hit] - (1d20)

(17) = 17

Attack 2 [w/pierce 6 damage if hit] - (1d20)

(13) = 13

Jul 17, 2015 6:28 pm
The fight goes on. Mandorics, his seskii and Lucas attacks did not any harm to the stalward guards, but Nyom first managed to land precise thrusting blow, which passed through guardians armour and made big wound in the guardian body. Zinobia attacked from other side, and agile guardian body was doing dodge maneuvre, and Nyoms hit , which would miss otherwise, landed second time, Killing the Mastigophore. He falls on his stomack, with organic matter pouring from the holes in his flesh made by Nyom's spear.
First Nyom attack 1 does 4 damage (after armour substraction) to the Guard 1.
Second Nyom's attack finishes the Guardian 1. Guardian 1 performing only 1 attack (as he was dead before he had to attack second time)

The guardians attacked Jax. He state is not is the best, and he is in extremely danger. His shield is below his arm, thanks to Ronna, but he is lying on the ground, stunned.
Firstly, he recieved another hit - as first guardian's tentacle reached his body. Second guardian missed his first attack, and second time only edge of whip-hand tentacle reached Jax body, and that saved Jax from another stun. He is back to his senses now.

Next Round is double round, as before.

Rolls

Jax Defence Round 1 Guardian 1 - (1d20)

(12) = 12

Jax Defence Round 1 Guardian 2 - (1d20)

(19) = 19

Jax Defence Round 2 Guardian 2 - (1d20)

(17) = 17

Jul 17, 2015 6:34 pm
Sweating, exhausted and in despair, Mandoric and the seskii battle on, helping surround the final magistophore.

Rolls

Mandoric attack (whip 2 dmg + 1 max if over 17) - (1d20+1)

(6) + 1 = 7

Seskii attack - (1d20+1)

(18) + 1 = 19

Mandoric attack (whip 2 dmg + 1 max if over 17) - (1d20+1)

(6) + 1 = 7

Seskii attack - (1d20+1)

(7) + 1 = 8

Jul 17, 2015 6:39 pm
Ronna grabs whatever weapon Jax has been using and makes couple quick, desperate stabs at the remaining Guardian. Unfortunately her lack of skill and even more severe lack of nerves betrays her right away.
Last edited July 17, 2015 6:40 pm

Rolls

Attack 1 (probably unskilled, Ronna only knows light weapons) - (1d20)

(1) = 1

Attack 2 (probably unskilled, Ronna only knows light weapons) - (1d20)

(13) = 13

Jul 17, 2015 6:39 pm
Zinobia attacks second mastigophore. His eyes are filled with rage and despair as he misses twice.

Guardian: 9/15 HP < after Mandoric Seskii attack

Rolls

Attack 1 - (1d20)

(11) = 11

attack 2 - (1d20)

(3) = 3

Jul 17, 2015 8:12 pm
"About damned time." Nyom thinks as she quickly realizes the battle is still not over. Turning her attention to the remain guard, she readies her spear and charges into action.

Rolls

Attack #1 [6 points if hits] - (1d20)

(17) = 17

Attack #2 [6 points if hits] - (1d20)

(9) = 9

Jul 19, 2015 5:42 pm
Lucas turn required in order to advance.
Jul 19, 2015 6:21 pm
Lucas dashes to the last Guardian standing and lurches into it with his sword. Two fast attacks and the thing knows Lucas is there.

Rolls

Broadsword attack on Mastigophore - (1d20)

(17) = 17

Broadsword attack on Mastigophore - (1d20)

(13) = 13

Jul 19, 2015 6:52 pm
Mandoric seskii managed to bite the guardian another time.
Ronna attempted to grab and use broadsword which belonged to Jax, but it was too heavy for her gentle hands, and instead of hitting the guardian, the broadsowd felt right on her foot, luckily it did not hit her with sharp edge, but that was enough to cause serious pain to the Ronna.
Ronna recieves 2 damage now and now in impaired state (please update sheet). Effort cost +1, and no minor/major effects, and max +1 from nat17 and above.

Nyom managed to land fast precise strike into guardians torso, and then Lucas followed with two more hits, which reached the target.

Guardian : 2/15.

The guardian was already in near death state as he suddenly rushed towards Jax, hugged him, winded around Jax's torso his whip-hands, and, in unison with late Zinobia's "Stop Him!!!!!!" exploded. Organic matter particles, released by the explosion, reached all the party, causing daze and slight pain.

It was over. The Guardians were dead, and Jax... lost half of his head, it was a bloody mess.... His hand... it was bloody mess as well.... The party had certainly one glaive less now... He was there, lifeless, and two-and half dead guardians nearby..... And there was the mysterious bunker, which mystery just before few moments ago forced one human soul to leave The Ninth World and to go elsewhere.

Each character recieves 1 damage. Please update your CC with all the changes. The battle is over.
Jul 19, 2015 7:43 pm
Ronna stumbles down onto the ground after damaging herself with Jax's sword. She holds her foot with her hands when the last Guardian is brought down just couple yards away from her. Then her gaze shifts to Jax, who is laying right next to her. The sight, combined with the fear, trauma and pain breaks her down and she falls down on the ground, crying.
Jul 19, 2015 10:50 pm
Nyom approaches Jax's body and takes a knee besides her training partner. Bowing her head she whispers, "I'm sorry, my friend. I should have done more to protect you." As she slowly stands back up she realizes the battle was much tougher on the others than she had realized, "I should have done more to protect everyone."
Jul 20, 2015 3:01 pm
Even in the catacombs of the million gods, Mandoric never suffered this much physical punishment. His stomach turns to see the remains of Jax, and he slumps down on the ground, one hand on his wounded seskii. He looks up at the structure the guardians had been protecting. Even as a merchant he wonders if any treasures can be worth this...

"Friends, can we rest here before entering the building? If there is anything else protecting it, I fear some of us would join Jax before we got our hands on the cyphers."

Although he knows that Jax was an infidel, Mandoric instinctively starts chanting the death words of his people, committing the immortal part of Jax to the wisdom and power of the Challifani.

Mandoric basically needs to be healed a ton, or wait 24 hours or more to do lots of recovery rolls. I haven't been following other people's damage precisely, but I take it I'm not alone?
Last edited July 20, 2015 3:04 pm
Jul 20, 2015 3:41 pm
harlandski says:
Even in the catacombs of the million gods, Mandoric never suffered this much physical punishment. His stomach turns to see the remains of Jax, and he slumps down on the ground, one hand on his wounded seskii. He looks up at the structure the guardians had been protecting. Even as a merchant he wonders if any treasures can be worth this...

"Friends, can we rest here before entering the building? If there is anything else protecting it, I fear some of us would join Jax before we got our hands on the cyphers."

Although he knows that Jax was an infidel, Mandoric instinctively starts chanting the death words of his people, committing the immortal part of Jax to the wisdom and power of the Challifani.

Mandoric basically needs to be healed a ton, or wait 24 hours or more to do lots of recovery rolls. I haven't been following other people's damage precisely, but I take it I'm not alone?
Ronna in similar state to Mandoric's one.
Lucas , Zinobia and Nyom are allright. Nyom and Zinobia in slightly better state than Lucas.
Jul 20, 2015 3:51 pm
Zinobia remains silent. It was sudden loss, and he had part in it. He brought this glaive here, after all. Perhaps, even, his desire to provide to the party more shiny cyphers, as he previously promised was the reason of "all this".

He bowed his head in despair and disgust, and whispered ancient prayer of his people. He had alot of sudden losses in his suprisingly long life......

Then he raised his hand and gazed towards Lucas, whom he percieved as the person who is leading and organizing the group.
His eyes were asking question and wiating for Lucas's response and decision on next action.

His mind returned to the corpses on the ground, and the he said to Lucas:
"We need to cut them into pieces. And spread their parts. It may be too dangerous to leave them lying like this."

After few seconds of thought, he added: "And we need to take care of this as soon as possible, and check what they have on them. They may bear some things that could save our lifes. Imagine how all this thing would end if i had not that snake cypher with me".
Jul 20, 2015 4:36 pm
Lucas has a hard face watching the others mourn for Jax. The Lucas looking out had started to think of him as a father figure and was humored. But now, Lucas could see that was the wrong reaction. The grief was making it hard to maintain control. Even so, this was not the time to stop. "If we need to disassemble these bodies, then we should get to it now. Before we do, Nyom: see if you can reach the top of the bunker with your spear. I would hate to find nothing there and for Jax's death to be in vain. Also, we should take from his belongings that which may be useful on the road ahead or that we can return to his kin." He looks on the horizon and frowns grimly. "Come, there is much work to do before we can rest. But once it is done, we will sleep and continue on this path to wherever it leads. We have already paid the blood price for its admission." And then Lucas begins to cut up the Mastigophores, hacking off their whiplike appendages with his broadsword.
Jul 20, 2015 5:31 pm
Lucas' words goad Mandoric into a kind of shellshocked action. He raises himself to his feet and stumbles from one wrecked mastigophore to the next, his bleary eyes looking for useful cyphers, his fingers working on autopilot now. His seskii follows behind him, looking sorry for herself, and sniffing the bodies for anything edible.

Typo on roll - should read "Numenera - trained"
Last edited July 20, 2015 5:32 pm

Rolls

N - (1d20+3)

(17) + 3 = 20

Jul 20, 2015 8:33 pm
Ronna sniffles few times and wearily picks herself up from the ground. She looks pale and shaken, completely out of her depth. She stares at Jax's sword laying at her feet as if dreading to pick it up. Finally she does, sighing as she wraps her fingers around the hilt. She lifts the weapon clumsily and holds it awkwardly, clearly more danger to herself than any opponent she might face. Regardless, she makes it to the mastigophores and starts hacking away - with more fury and determination than most would've expected.

After the work is done, Ronna walks over to Mandoric and gingerly touches the back of his hand - closing her eyes and trying to force her touch even though she has tried it on Mandoric so many times already.

Finally she sits down, opens the top two buttons of her shirt and presses her palm against her own chest. She closes her eyes, shivers slightly and lets her head drop from the pain, exhaustion and sadness.
Last edited July 20, 2015 8:34 pm

Rolls

Heal Mandroric (difficulty 6) - (1d20)

(16) = 16

Heal herself (difficulty 2) - (1d20)

(17) = 17

Points healed for herself (+1 from the minor effect) - (1d6+1)

(5) + 1 = 6

Looking for Numenera (skill: identifying Numenera) - (1d20)

(19) = 19

Numenera search result 1 - (1d6)

(4) = 4

Numenera search result 2 - (1d6)

(4) = 4

Jul 20, 2015 8:52 pm
Mandoric should roll 1d6 x 2 (two times)
Mandoric checks only one corpse. Second remains unchecked, Ronna cuts it.
Ronna could roll 1 Numenera roll/search roll, Difficulty 4 + modifiers applicable. If roll suceeds she can roll 1d6 x 2 (two times)
Those rolls could be added retroactively to the posts (i will check the post and post results in round summary)
Jul 20, 2015 10:10 pm
"I'll go to the top of the bunker now and see what's there. When I return I will help with the disposal of these creatures." Nyom says to Lucas before she starts off to the bunker.

OOC: I'm assuming that she'll have no issue making it to the top of the bunker?
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.