Octagon - Another Purpose - Game Thread.

load previous
Jul 21, 2015 7:55 am
Lucas works on cutting one of mastigophores, while Mandoric still checks it's body for any salvageable stuff.
Mandoric needs to roll 1d6 x 2 (two times)

Ronna in same time "works" with second corpse. After throughful examination she found few things that she think she could salvage.
Firstly there was some kind of neck bracelet. After recalling her memories she found that it could be some kind of focus stabilizer - neck numenera-originating bracelet, that helps to the wearer to maintain the focus and help against any kinds of external distractions. It could be useful, for sure... she needs to remove it now...
There were also 4 pills in pocket in the belt, which was attached to guardains armor. After throughful examination, attempts to connect to the data sphere Ronna have guess that it could be thing called Brain Bugs... those are cyphers... she surely must be careful with holding them all together..... Perhaps splitting them would be the best option.

Focus Stabilizer Necklace - Lessens difficulty of all int rolls made versus distraction by 1 (helps to maintain focus and concentration on performed task)

4 x
Brain Bugs
Level : 4
Internal: Pill that
releases genetically designed microbes
Effect: Upon ingestion, the microbes enter
the body and enhancing a brain.
The user experiences a
heightened mental acuity that makes
it feel like consumer's brain is tingling. Grants
+2 to consumer's Intellect Edge for one hour

In same time Zinobia and Nyom approached the bunker. It was conic building. 3 meters tall. It had some kind of seam line on its side. At top of the bunker there was small protrusion, with small round hole inside.

The surface was even and bit shiny, and red light of sunset was reflected, creating gentle aura of light around the bunker.
Nyom felt some urge, desire to enter it. She analyzed that she could easily reach the small hole in the protrusion at top of the bunker with her spear.
Jul 21, 2015 9:36 am
Small note: Minor effect usually means Natural 19.
Ronnas Healing ability does +1 heal only if Nat roll 19
It is not related to extra damage from 17-18 rolls
According to the rules there should be no +1 hp healed from ronna's nat17 roll
Jul 21, 2015 9:42 am
BlackStork says:
Small note: Minor effect usually means Natural 19.
Ronnas Healing ability does +1 heal only if Nat roll 19
It is not related to extra damage from 17-18 rolls
According to the rules there should be no +1 hp healed from ronna's nat17 roll
Ah, right. My bad. I reduced one of the pools by 1.
Jul 21, 2015 3:39 pm
Mandoric carefully picks over one mastigophore.

Rolls

Cyphers - (1d6)

(1) = 1

Cyphers - (1d6)

(5) = 5

Jul 22, 2015 4:19 am
"I could use one or even two of these pills", Ronna says. "But I cannot keep them all. Does anyone else have room for more cyphers? I could either give three of these or two of these and my Eagleseye vial. Helps you see far, in case anyone is interested."

She keeps examining the necklace, trying to decide whether it would be safe to wear or should she just take it with her.

Rolls

Examine necklace (Numenera skill) - (1d20)

(16) = 16

Jul 22, 2015 9:24 pm
Nyom, peering at the top of the bunker, isn't quite sure what to do. Turning back towards the others she yells, "Lucas! What am I supposed to do here??"
Jul 22, 2015 9:34 pm
Lucas looks up from his hacking of the dead guardians and peers over to where Nyom points. The sun is in his eye and he shields it with his hand and looks at what she sees. Then he recalls the visions he saw and calls out as he shuts his eyes entirely, "I can see you Nyom, stretching up with your spear to the top of the bunker. Something is there. I can't tell if you are pushing a button or retrieving and artifact. All I know is that your spear must reach where we cannot."

As he cuts through the meat of the mastigophore mixed with Jax's blood here in the dirt, he thinks of his question and where the visions had led. He had hoped for the successful path but had he known the price, would he still have walked it? He grit his teeth in firm resolve. He had led men to their death before and he could easily lead more after.
Last edited July 22, 2015 9:36 pm
Jul 22, 2015 10:22 pm
Zinobia looks upwards, towards protrusion.

"Yes... seems that the thing we would not be able to reach... but your spear can... perhaps, give it a try?"

Then he says to Ronna: " I could hold two. I could give stuff back, if you will need it back once. As i promised, all cyphers are yours, i will just hold them. You may dump... two to me. I am empty."
Jul 22, 2015 10:27 pm
Nyom listens to Lucas and then looks back at the bunker. She leans in towards Zinobia, "Let me know if anything weird starts to happen, yes?"

Placing her left hand on the surface of the conical shaped structure to steady herself, she stretches her spear upwards, attempting to hook whatever it is on the top of the bunker. "Looks like I'll be able to just get it!"
Last edited July 22, 2015 10:28 pm
Jul 22, 2015 10:27 pm
Lucas and Ronna finished their jobs.

Mandoric found same pill, but of bit different type. Only one. And some numenera coin - he saw such coins. They were normally traded 1 for 5 shins.

1 x
Fast-twitch bugs
Level : 5
Internal: Pill that
releases genetically designed microbes
Fast-twitch bugs: The user’s muscles
begin to quickly tighten and release,
creating the sensation that her
muscles are jumping beneath her
skin. Grants +2 to her Speed Edge for
one hour

+5 shins
Jul 23, 2015 12:44 am
Mandoric retrieves his cypher and coin and turns to Ronna, "Yes, I can carry more cyphers. But I am a merchant, not a beggar. How about I trade you this pill, which will make you faster when you need to be, for two of your brain pills?"

I take it each pill takes up one cypher slot? Or do pills of the same type only take up one slot all together?
Last edited July 23, 2015 12:45 am
Jul 23, 2015 4:28 am
Ronna smiles wearily. "Sorry, Mandoric. I have much bigger need for these ones", she says.

Ronna gives one Brain Bug pill to Mandoric and one pill and one Eagleseyes to Zinobia. Now she is carrying three cyphers.

"Are we done with these beasts? Can we take that rest now?"
Jul 23, 2015 4:34 am
Lucas slicks the blood from his broadsword. "Yes, were done here." He picks up Jax's hammer and fashions a strap to hold it to his person. "Now all we need to know is what's next."
Jul 23, 2015 4:56 am
Zinobia adds:
"We should take and distribute belongings of Jax. Having extra stuff may save another person from same.... fate."
Jul 23, 2015 4:36 pm
Mandoric speaks with a calm but firm voice, "In Lhauric we inter the dead in the catacombs, and the Challifani priests take the valuable belongings to the service of the million gods. Does anyone know where Jax was from, and what the death customs of his people were? I fear we may anger his gods if we do not treat his corpse with proper respect." He visibly shudders at the recollection of what it is to fall into the hands of angry gods.

What happened after Nyom's action above?
Jul 23, 2015 6:09 pm
{sorry had not time to post turn end results, only made Zinobia character post. Pls hold on with actions, i will post turn end results soon.
I was also on my job and seems missed detail that Nyom initiated contact with the building.
Let's agree that Zinobia posts are not the turn summary marks themselve, they are just character action posts.
Posts made by me as GM are turn end summaries.
I will do the summary within next 2 h.
Jul 23, 2015 7:40 pm
Finally Nyom's spear found the small hole with a hole in protrusion, and slided into it. Immideately after it the building made faint "beep" and became silent again.

Nyom stood there motionless. It's unlclear what happening with Nyom, she stands there, with the spear entering hole in small top protrusion of the building.

Big post note > Nyom

BlackStork sent a note to szemely
Nyom is standing there in quite odd position and does not move.

Nyom pls post your next action using the note system (using my acc name as reciever). Be sure to remove one " sign as the system is bugged abit. Cheers
Jul 24, 2015 3:31 am
big note > Nyom
BlackStork sent a note to szemely
There was GM Intrusion. 2 XP been awarded, 1 XP goes to character of Nyoms choice

Suddenly, Nyom started to move again. She stepped 1 step forward, very close to the buidling, and put her hand on the building surface... With faint hissing sound the front pannel of the building simply dissolved in the air, revealing some kind of room.... It's interrior clearly was something like elevator, or kind of lift.
Jul 24, 2015 4:30 pm
Holding her head Nyom yells over to the others, "I think I've found something over here!"

OOC: 1XP to Lucas

szemely sent a note to BlackStork
Last edited July 24, 2015 4:32 pm
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.