Octagon - Another Purpose - Game Thread.

load previous
Jul 25, 2015 3:51 pm
Mandoric pushes himself to his feet, and warily goes to see what Nyom has discovered.
Jul 25, 2015 3:54 pm
Ronna sighs and squeezes her eyes shut for a moment. Then she wearily follows Mandoric towards whatever Nyom has found.
Jul 25, 2015 6:28 pm
Lucas heads over from the other side to see what has been discovered. Evenly, he says "I think Mandoric is right, after a fashion. It would be best if we tend to Jax's final rites. It leaves us with ill fourtune if we leave him like this. After that, we should take what sleep we can. Then, then we can journey to the place beyond this one." As he turns, he sees Nyom standing in front of the lift. "What's this then?" He can tell what this is. Some passage to ancient Numenera. The lift is tempting and he wants to push on and see what lies beyond. His curiosity and impetuousness makes him want to ride it down to whatever hell it promises below to fight whatever monsters there may be.
Last edited July 25, 2015 6:28 pm
Jul 25, 2015 7:47 pm
"You should take those avatrol skins. And we must bury or burn him, whatever rite you like, but it's not good to leave him like he is now."

He says, takes bag he gave to Jax from Jax's body and gave it to Lucas.
Pls update inventory.

"Once we are done i think we should peek inside of this thing. Awesome job, Nyom. How you managed to do that?"
Jul 25, 2015 7:49 pm
The space inside of the opened bunker is certainly lift or elevator. But there no visible controls which could be used in order to activate it.
All interior made dark gray metal with slight dark green tint.

New turn.
Jul 25, 2015 8:18 pm
"I'm not quite sure, Zinobia" Nyom answers.

"When I made contact with the device on top everything just kind of went... weird. It was almost as if I was being contacted telepathically by some sort of intelligence. I couldn't move, I was just frozen."

Nyom shakes her head back and forth, trying to clear her thoughts, and continues. "I was given several options that would allow me to interact with... whatever this is. I chose one of the options and... well, it was very disorienting. My head is just screaming...
Jul 25, 2015 8:38 pm
ps i put attention that Lucas twice did not updated XP.
Lucas should have 2 xp points now, one from Canals/Avatrol battle, one from Nyom's GM intrusion
Jul 25, 2015 11:55 pm
I have it in my notes section . . . Does it go somewhere else?
Jul 26, 2015 12:59 am
Yes,in header of Character form, there is XP below Effort. :)
Jul 26, 2015 4:48 pm
Weary and wounded, Mandoric tries to examine the lift, putting his head inside without walking in.

Rolls

Numenera (trained) - (1d20+3)

(18) + 3 = 21

Jul 27, 2015 7:18 pm
Ronna and Lucas actions required in order to proceed
Jul 27, 2015 7:53 pm
Hearing Lucas and Zinobia talk, Ronna stops and reluctantly looks back at Jax's body. She watches it for a while and then grimaces, shaking her head to herself.

"Burn or bury", she repeats, not quite sure if she is more upset by Jax's death or by having been so close to the same fate herself. "Neither seems easy around here. Could there be something inside the complex?"
Jul 27, 2015 9:49 pm
Lucas furrows his brow and nods his head at Nyom, half just as a reaction to what she is saying and the other half as he thinks about what to do. "We need rest. This portal or passage to a place beyond must wait for us to sleep but first . . ." He begins to take off his hide armor, then wraps an extra cloth around the mid section of his broadsword allowing him to hold the blade as well as the hilt. He begins to use his sword as a makeshift shovel and digs into the earth. He looks to Mandoric, Zinobia, and Nyom for assistance as he cuts into the earth.
Jul 28, 2015 12:27 pm
Zinobia grimly nodded to Lucas, took some more cloth from his bag, which was similar to one he used to wrap the avatrol skins, and thrown it to the ground near the Jax.

He started to use his Yulk, which was actually very good tool for the digging, as it is, due its dual-blade design.

He said then : "We should wrap him, and then bury."

Then he said to Nyom : "Hmmm... Head just screaming? You sure you are ok? And your reply still does not explain how you managed to open that thing just using your touch...."

Reminder: in previous turn Zinobia tossed the avatrol skins pack to Lucas. Lucas pls update inventory.
Ronna took broadsword. Please add it as well to the inventory and attacks, modifier is +1 difficulty.
Jul 28, 2015 12:35 pm
In same time Mandoric tries to peek inside.

The construction of the interior is pretty obvious - it is kind of lift. Due it's specific details Mandoric noted that it do not descend for long distance. Such elevator could be used to lift small groups of people for short distances. It is obvious that it takes ones who use it downwards. There no visible controls though - Mandoric saw himself, saw in datasphere or heard about lifts of different kinds, and this one needed, obviously, some telepathic control, or activation by lift control system, which, probably, was hidden downstairs. Assuming that Nyom just managed to open the entrance to the lift's chamber, and it is very possible, that she is the key to the lift controls, and probably somehow could activate this lift.
This is certainly some kind of ancient Numenera complex or control center, and it could be some really marvelous numenera discovery.

In same time Lucas and Zinobia digging through soil. The particles around continue their ascension, and the sun dives deeper and deeper. The twilight takes control of surrounding areas, and the day light flees. And the night will assume the rule in next thirty minutes.

New Turn
Lucas - 1 might due armor / no practice - retroactively, armor fatigue of the last fight and the latest hour
Jul 28, 2015 2:34 pm
Mandoric relates his theory that Nyom might be the key to this, and then looks over to Zinobia and Lucas beginning to dig Jax's grave. He has nothing suitable for digging, but he gives a command to his seskii, who happily leaps to the task with both front claws.
Jul 28, 2015 4:44 pm
Ronna has nothing to dig with, so she just stands there, watching the process, her arms wrapped around herself.

When it comes time to lay Jax down to rest, she steps forward and solemnly lays his broadsword by his side.

"Thank you for saving us, Jax", she whispers, barely loud enough to hear.
Jul 28, 2015 10:27 pm
Leaning in a bit towards Zinobia so as not to talk too loud and explains, "When I activated whatever this thing is with my spear I need up speaking with some device or intelligence, as if dreaming, or in a trance. It gave me some options to be able to use what it called an 'emergency access' to this thing."

Nyom pauses to catch her breath and then continues, "I wasn't completely sure what the options meant, but chose one that I thought would be the safest, one that I thought I could stop using if I had to. I think something has been implanted within me, something that needs a 'solution' in order remove. I think I can work our way down the lift, but once we get whatever it is we need from here, we've got to figure out how to get this thing out of me."
Last edited July 28, 2015 10:28 pm
Jul 29, 2015 7:18 am
Skipping bit forward (Lucas and Zinobia turns are skipped due them being busy with digging the grave)

Zinobia and Lucas, with help of Mandoric seskii, dug makeshift grave for Jax. Zinobia nodded to Lucas, and went to wrap Jax's body using the cloth he previously pulled from his backpack.

He nodded again, and started to drag wrapped body into the makeshift grave they made. The Jax's body, covered in the Zinobia's cloth falls into the grave, and Zinobia nodded to Lucas, suggesting to start to cover it.
He wiped his sweating face with his arm, and continued to throw the soil back to the grave in order to cover Jax wrapped body, using his legs and his Yulk.

I assume Lucas taks part in this as well.

With help of Lucas they finished the makeshift grave. Now, this brave glaive is buried here, in the middle of nowhere, and the membranes honor his departure with their surrealistic ascension march.

Jax body is buried in the middle of the clearing around the bunker.

New turn.
Jul 29, 2015 4:08 pm
Mandoric looks around at his companions and says, "Well, shall we accompany Nyom into this structure now? Maybe it will provide a safe place to rest, or at least no more dangerous than staying outside, when at any moment who knows what might emerge from the reality-distorting flowers. If the solution to Nyom's implant is anywhere, it is probably in this building."
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.